Thaksin Denies Plotting Revenge Against Rivals In Thailand

webfact

Me? Plot revenge? No way, says Thaksin

By The Nation on Sunday

Fugitive ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra has denied he is plotting revenge against rivals in his homeland, but says he "won't kiss up to anyone".

The former PM also warned that if both sides do not take a step back, both will lose, according to Matichon, which ran an interview after he rang the paper on Friday and talked about reconcilia-tion and Pheu Thai Party.

"Don't worry that I think about taking revenge. In my heart, I believe reconciliation is a great agenda. I do not think about taking revenge. I do not have any resentment against anyone. But I will not kiss up to anyone,'' he said.

Asked if he wants reconcil-iation, why he hasn't stopped a political movement that seems to put the country in jeopardy, Thaksin asked why had "harassment against him" not stopped.

Thaksin rejected criticism that Pheu Thai Party was on the way down with MPs defecting to other parties. "Let's wait and see when the general election is held. The party expelled the two rotten MPs, does this show the party is on the downward spiral?"

He also denied going into shock during a blood transfu-sion. "When people do not like each other, they can say anything but I forgive them," he said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-09-12

The best way to sum up this whole situation is this (and sorry for offending the pyramid company I'm about to name):

Uncle Thaksin and his organization is exactly like.........Amway.

1) He's at the top feeding everyone under him the 'crap' and they buy it and he benefits from it

2) Those directly under him benefit the most from this pyramid, those at the bottom less and less, but they continue to recruit for the 'greater good' of the company

3) He's got his networks working for him so he doesn't have to lift a finger at anytime, just hoard in the cash

4) Those who cannot get into his network, get jealous or angry and try to form their own networks and steal members

5) The two parties fight for membership because they both know they benefit tons of money from the members

6) Occasionally, as leader of this pyramid, he throws parties and get-togethers to keep the spirits high and 'sell, sell, sell'!

7) The 'best performers' of the company get paid lots of incentive cash, houses, Rolexes, and an 'E-Class' Benz

8) The company continues to fight regulators of 'fair trade' for the right to exist

Funny how similar they are.

• Like 2

The former PM also warned that if both sides do not take a step back,

Is this step back the same step back as the red shirts wanted in mid-May? They wanted the army to pull back and go back to their barracks AFTER the red shirts had moved out of their barricaded areas to provoke and attack them.

It always seems to be that the red shirts take a step forward, and then tell the other side to take a step back.

• Like 1

The former PM also warned that if both sides do not take a step back,

Is this step back the same step back as the red shirts wanted in mid-May? They wanted the army to pull back and go back to their barracks AFTER the red shirts had moved out of their barricaded areas to provoke and attack them.

It always seems to be that the red shirts take a step forward, and then tell the other side to take a step back.

It's called the 'Thai Hokey Pokey'.....that's what it's all a....bout!

He called the newspaper and they ran a interview. Why even acknowledge the bumpkin? He and his minions/pr people should be ignored and not given any press coverage. Someone in the present government should be able to come up with a gag order or something similar, just to save newsprint, etc.

• Like 2

He called the newspaper and they ran a interview. Why even acknowledge the bumpkin? He and his minions/pr people should be ignored and not given any press coverage.

I disagree, that is censorship. He should be given his press space in the appropriate forum, at the foot of the cartoons page. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Asked if he wants reconcil-iation, why he hasn't stopped a political movement that seems to put the country in jeopardy, Thaksin asked why had "harassment against him" not stopped.

Well, shows you what K. Thaksin thinks comes first, doesn't it ;)

He called the newspaper and they ran a interview. Why even acknowledge the bumpkin? He and his minions/pr people should be ignored and not given any press coverage.

I disagree, that is censorship. He should be given his press space in the appropriate forum, at the foot of the cartoons page. :rolleyes:

and the newspaper should be printed in the basement of a prison , a really crappy prison, with rats and cockroaches.

• Like 1

Best strategy -- not to EVER allow him the chance to prove his words. Similar thing to Iran, they SAY they want nukes for peaceful purposes only, best to NOT allow them the chance to prove that dubious claim.

You must be in government since I cant see the be able to focus on the problem. What Iran has to do with Thaksin and situation in Thailand?

I hope government can enforce the law in Bangok this time. I am really tired of these idiots follower of has been Thaksin, now in minority making so much problem for the rest of us

• Like 1

Someone in the present government should be able to come up with a gag order or something similar, just to save newsprint, etc.

The Nation was way out of line in their handling of the unsolicited interview. They shouldn't be giving that criminal a public avenue to advertise his idiotic agenda and voice his idiotic lies. They give him a level of legitimacy he simply does not deserve.

The only thing that would give him even more undeserved legitimacy is censorship in response. Censorship is never the answer. It merely sends a message that you are afraid of what is being said. Thaksin should be ridiculed, not silenced. Leave censorship for governments like the illegitimate military junta of Myanmar, who are forced to resort to censorship to silence patriots like Aung San Suu Kyi.

You laugh at clowns. You do not gag them. It's The Nation who should be ashamed of their handling of the 'interview'; and they should be subjected to strong criticism. And only criticism.

Edited by TheyCallmeScooter

Someone in the present government should be able to come up with a gag order or something similar, just to save newsprint, etc.

The Nation was way out of line in their handling of the unsolicited interview. They shouldn't be giving that criminal a public avenue to advertise his idiotic agenda and voice his idiotic lies. They give him a level of legitimacy he simply does not deserve.

The only thing that would give him even more undeserved legitimacy is censorship in response. Censorship is never the answer. It merely sends a message that you are afraid of what is being said. Thaksin should be ridiculed, not silenced. Leave censorship for governments like the illegitimate military junta of Myanmar, who are forced to resort to censorship to silence patriots like Aung San Suu Kyi.

You laugh at clowns. You do not gag them. It's The Nation who should be ashamed of their handling of the 'interview'; and they should be subjected to strong criticism. And only criticism.

Why censor this? K. Thaksin is his own best distractor. Without Robert A. or K. Noppadon to help answer questions he will only make things worse for himself. So what, let him.

Edited by rubl

Thaksin is best defined as a Type A Sociopath a very dangerous trait to be sure.

Some of Dr. Hare's Checklist (Sociopathic Traits)

1. GLIB and SUPERFICIAL CHARM -- the tendency to be smooth, engaging, charming,slick, and verbally facile. Sociopathic charm is not in the least shy,self-conscious, or afraid to say anything. A sociopath never gets tongue-tied.They have freed themselves from the social conventions about taking turns intalking, for example.

2. GRANDIOSE SELF-WORTH -- a grossly inflated view of one's abilities andself-worth, self-assured, opinionated, cocky, a braggart. Sociopaths arearrogant people who believe they are superior human beings.

3. NEED FOR STIMULATION or PRONENESS TO BOREDOM -- an excessive need for novel,thrilling, and exciting stimulation; taking chances and doing things that arerisky. Sociopaths often have low self-discipline in carrying tasks through tocompletion because they get bored easily. They fail to work at the same job forany length of time, for example, or to finish tasks that they consider dull orroutine.

4. PATHOLOGICAL LYING -- can be moderate or high; in moderate form, they willbe shrewd, crafty, cunning, sly, and clever; in extreme form, they will bedeceptive, deceitful, underhanded, unscrupulous, manipulative, and dishonest.

5. CONNING AND MANIPULATIVENESS- the use of deceit and deception to cheat, con,or defraud others for personal gain; distinguished from Item #4 in the degreeto which exploitation and callous ruthlessness is present, as reflected in alack of concern for the feelings and suffering of one's victims.

6. LACK OF REMORSE OR GUILT -- a lack of feelings or concern for the losses,pain, and suffering of victims; a tendency to be unconcerned, dispassionate,coldhearted, and un empathic. This item is usually demonstrated by a disdainfor one's victims.

7. SHALLOW AFFECT -- emotional poverty or a limited range ordepth of feelings; interpersonal coldness in spite of signs of opengregariousness.

8. CALLOUSNESS and LACK OF EMPATHY -- a lack of feelings toward people ingeneral; cold, contemptuous, inconsiderate, and tactless.

9. PARASITIC LIFESTYLE -- an intentional, manipulative, selfish, andexploitative financial dependence on others as reflected in a lack ofmotivation, low self-discipline, and inability to begin or completeresponsibilities.

10. POOR BEHAVIORAL CONTROLS -- expressions of irritability, annoyance,impatience, threats, aggression, and verbal abuse; inadequate control of angerand temper; acting hastily.

11. LACK OF REALISTIC, LONG-TERM GOALS -- an inability or persistent failure todevelop and execute long-term plans and goals; a nomadic existence, aimless,lacking direction in life.

12. IMPULSIVITY -- the occurrence of behaviors that areunpremeditated and lack reflection or planning; inability to resist temptation,frustrations, and urges; a lack of deliberation without considering theconsequences; foolhardy, rash, unpredictable, erratic, and reckless.

13. IRRESPONSIBILITY -- repeated failure to fulfill or honor obligations andcommitments; such as not paying bills, defaulting on loans, performing sloppywork, being absent or late to work, failing to honor contractual agreements.

14. FAILURE TO ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR OWN ACTIONS -- a failure to acceptresponsibility for one's actions reflected in low conscientiousness, an absenceof dutifulness, antagonistic manipulation, denial of responsibility, and aneffort to manipulate others through this denial.

15. CRIMINAL VERSATILITY -- a diversity of types of criminal offenses,regardless if the person has been arrested or convicted for them; taking greatpride at getting away with crimes.

Thaksin is best defined as a Type A Sociopath a very dangerous trait to be sure.

Some of Dr. Hare's Checklist (Sociopathic Traits)

1. GLIB and SUPERFICIAL CHARM -- the tendency to be smooth, engaging, charming,slick, and verbally facile. Sociopathic charm is not in the least shy,self-conscious, or afraid to say anything. A sociopath never gets tongue-tied.They have freed themselves from the social conventions about taking turns intalking, for example.

2. GRANDIOSE SELF-WORTH -- a grossly inflated view of one's abilities andself-worth, self-assured, opinionated, cocky, a braggart. Sociopaths arearrogant people who believe they are superior human beings.

3. NEED FOR STIMULATION or PRONENESS TO BOREDOM -- an excessive need for novel,thrilling, and exciting stimulation; taking chances and doing things that arerisky. Sociopaths often have low self-discipline in carrying tasks through tocompletion because they get bored easily. They fail to work at the same job forany length of time, for example, or to finish tasks that they consider dull orroutine.

4. PATHOLOGICAL LYING -- can be moderate or high; in moderate form, they willbe shrewd, crafty, cunning, sly, and clever; in extreme form, they will bedeceptive, deceitful, underhanded, unscrupulous, manipulative, and dishonest.

5. CONNING AND MANIPULATIVENESS- the use of deceit and deception to cheat, con,or defraud others for personal gain; distinguished from Item #4 in the degreeto which exploitation and callous ruthlessness is present, as reflected in alack of concern for the feelings and suffering of one's victims.

6. LACK OF REMORSE OR GUILT -- a lack of feelings or concern for the losses,pain, and suffering of victims; a tendency to be unconcerned, dispassionate,coldhearted, and un empathic. This item is usually demonstrated by a disdainfor one's victims.

7. SHALLOW AFFECT -- emotional poverty or a limited range ordepth of feelings; interpersonal coldness in spite of signs of opengregariousness.

8. CALLOUSNESS and LACK OF EMPATHY -- a lack of feelings toward people ingeneral; cold, contemptuous, inconsiderate, and tactless.

9. PARASITIC LIFESTYLE -- an intentional, manipulative, selfish, andexploitative financial dependence on others as reflected in a lack ofmotivation, low self-discipline, and inability to begin or completeresponsibilities.

10. POOR BEHAVIORAL CONTROLS -- expressions of irritability, annoyance,impatience, threats, aggression, and verbal abuse; inadequate control of angerand temper; acting hastily.

11. LACK OF REALISTIC, LONG-TERM GOALS -- an inability or persistent failure todevelop and execute long-term plans and goals; a nomadic existence, aimless,lacking direction in life.

12. IMPULSIVITY -- the occurrence of behaviors that areunpremeditated and lack reflection or planning; inability to resist temptation,frustrations, and urges; a lack of deliberation without considering theconsequences; foolhardy, rash, unpredictable, erratic, and reckless.

13. IRRESPONSIBILITY -- repeated failure to fulfill or honor obligations andcommitments; such as not paying bills, defaulting on loans, performing sloppywork, being absent or late to work, failing to honor contractual agreements.

14. FAILURE TO ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR OWN ACTIONS -- a failure to acceptresponsibility for one's actions reflected in low conscientiousness, an absenceof dutifulness, antagonistic manipulation, denial of responsibility, and aneffort to manipulate others through this denial.

15. CRIMINAL VERSATILITY -- a diversity of types of criminal offenses,regardless if the person has been arrested or convicted for them; taking greatpride at getting away with crimes.

It all comes down to:

• Human character, its depths and its force, is defined by its moral reserves. People completely reveal themselves when they are tossed out of their customary conditions since it is exactly then that they have to resort to their reserves.

Your first 2 statements contradict each other Mr. Scooterman....I agree with your first one. Aside from trying to sell a couple extra newspapers by publishing this lunatic's ramblings, you need to ask why??? Convincted, on the run, some might say... sociopath, hel_l bent on destroying his homeland. Why??? Why publish his ramblings. If you want it to go away, ignore it, it will go away.

Your first 2 statements contradict each other Mr. Scooterman....I agree with your first one. Aside from trying to sell a couple extra newspapers by publishing this lunatic's ramblings, you need to ask why??? Convincted, on the run, some might say... sociopath, hel_l bent on destroying his homeland. Why??? Why publish his ramblings. If you want it to go away, ignore it, it will go away.

Thaksin's comments are from Matichon, a paper that often supports him.

Who remembers when Thaksin tried to buy Matichon via a link up with Grammy?- 'synergy' they tried to call it, a blending of markets! Grammy, brain dead artists with potentially awake citizens reading Matichon.

Edited by Siripon

"Don't worry that I think about taking revenge. In my heart, I believe reconciliation is a great agenda. I do not think about taking revenge. I do not have any resentment against anyone. But I will not kiss up to anyone,'' he said.

That's a relief. Because the thought of anyone kissing up to Thaksin makes me want to vomit...where is the spew smiley :bah:

That's a relief. Because the thought of anyone kissing up to Thaksin makes me want to vomit...where is the spew smiley :bah:

kissy kissy with Hun Sen

resizedthaksinhunsencam.jpg

Edited by Buchholz