Does The British Consulate Have A Web Site?

ChiangMaiFun

I'd offer to build a nice website for them free of charge if they were't so greedy with their 2,000 Baht charge for a simple letter of residence ;)

Aitch

But the girl there is a real sweetie and extremely helpful. :rolleyes:

is it fairly simple to get a letter about income? for retirement visa? I assume i can produce just one month of income? the US has a better system - just swear on the Bible and you get your letter!

How about those that don't want to swear on the bible, can they affirm?

is it fairly simple to get a letter about income? for retirement visa? I assume i can produce just one month of income? the US has a better system - just swear on the Bible and you get your letter!

They do not use a BIBLE at the US Consulate.

okok a Koran? the point is you don't need to prove anything right?

I'd offer to build a nice website for them free of charge if they were't so greedy with their 2,000 Baht charge for a simple letter of residence ;)

Aitch

Time to get your self a yellow book ;)

This from the British Embassy, Bangkok website

http://ukinthailand.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/living-in-thailand/

Proof of Income Letters

British nationals applying for a visa, or an extension of a visa, with the Thai Immigration Bureau may be asked to obtain a letter from us verifying their income. To obtain the letter you must be registered with us. We will also need to see a copy of your passport and, either bank statements for the previous 3 months, or the original evidence of your pension or income. We charge a fee of THB 2,408 for the letter, which is ready to collect from the Consular Section at 09:00 on the working day after the application is submitted to us. You can also apply for a proof of income letter by post. To apply by post you must ensure that the above documentation is included and that the total amount of pension or income you receive is clearly stated. You can only pay in the following ways;

* Banker's Draft, plus THB 200 administration fee;

* Postal orders payable to 'British Embassy' to be cashed at Nana Post Office, Bangkok 10110 (Please note that online postal orders are not accepted.

Just typed in:

British Consulate Bangkok,hit it straight away.

Being a little picky I know, but Bangkok doesn't have a Consulate.

You are correct but when you go to the British Embassy web sit in Bangkok the word consulate or consul is used quite often threw out this site. When they give you the information for Chiang Mai you hit the link and it takes you bask the British Embassy web in Bangkok.:unsure: The answer is no British Consulate in Thailand has their own web site.

Edited by gotlost