Missing Parsley

schlog

Finally I want to eat again delicious "Fleischplanzerl". But I can not find parsley anywhere else, tried Big C, Makro, Food Hall, Lotus, Carefour,.... No luck.

It is impossible to make real "Fleischpflanzerl" without it.

Someone knows where to get it on Phuket? Thanks for recommendations.

My hunger is getting bigger day by day.

Edited by schlog

Foodland and Villa supermarket have it, but not sure if they have these stores in Phuket though.

Foodland in Phuket

http://www.google.co...l=&oq=&gs_rfai=

this might be a restaurant so best call 1st

Ok, thanks will check Villa supermarket for Parsley and cook by myself. I know soi foodland but forget the "Fleischpflanzerl" there, they are not really tasty.

Phak Chi tastes and looks very much like a miniature celery, that's what i though it was.

Parsley has a completely different taste, i don't think many locals have tried it so they would not know the difference.

PAK CHI FALANG available in most public markets, ask the veggie salesmen/ladies for it if you can't see it, real parsley just like at home.

just to add confusion this name is used for a few foreign herbs.... I have been given celery, coriander and the long single leaf used in Tom sep which is used in farmers soup, Tom kai ban, tom sep moo etc. it does have a sort of similar flavor as parsley but not really... lol

In Rawai/nai harn there is a lady who has a great veggie/fruit stand she has been here for years, she is located just before Davinci pizza (spelling) on the left side. She has it most of the time. Ask any local for Pi Dangs shop and they will point you in the right direction.

Edited by 69690jay

Phak Chi tastes and looks very much like a miniature celery, that's what i though it was.

Parsley has a completely different taste, i don't think many locals have tried it so they would not know the difference.

This is also my opinion.

Pak chi and pak chi farang are thai/chinese celery and western celery.

I hope you have more luck with your plants then me. My European seeds does not grow.

my cooks/helpers always get confused when asked for pak chi, sometimes i get what i ask for but most times it is a choice of three different pak, Pak being veg...... One of my cooks speaks and understands English and all i say is parsley and he gets it.

Even though my spoken Thai is ok when asking for certain things there is a distant blank look.... or yes and and they go about doing what they were doing... lol not ignoring me just avoiding loss of face, not knowing what i am talking about.....

Have tried to grow Parsley and Corriander at my house with UK seeds. Start great, but shrivel and die after a while. Maybe I'm overwatering? Same with tomatoes, but found some Thai seeds at SuperCheap and they are the business.

About to try growing parsley it likes a well drained sandy soil from experience.

I am trying to grow plants in pots as we do not have a garden yet.

I have found in the monsoon season the rain is so heavy it washes all the pollen from the flowers so they cannot be pollinated.

Because of the lack of bees here i use a fine haired artists brush to cross pollinate the flowers.

I have been successful in growing tomatoes, cucumbers, butternut pumpkin,rock melons,

capsicums and several Thai vegetables, some do not produce well in pots but they will grow.

I expect a lot better results when we have a garden.