Problem With Passport Pages

Hi

Now in Vientiane with Irish friend on visa run. He cannot get a tourist visa because there are no new pages left in his Irish passport.

He currently only has two thirds of a page left in his passport , the other third is taken up by a Thai visa extension but there is also two thirds of a page from years ago with,the other third take by one entry and one exit transit stamp.

Problem is a that a new passport will take up to 8 weeks to be issued from Ireland

Question is how does he maximize the remaining space for entry and exit stamps to wait in thailand for his new passport to arrive?

Can he do this with a flight from Lao to Thailand and then other flights in and out of Thailand with resulting 30 day transit visas?

Can he utilize the previous space left from years ago for more entry and exit transit stamps?

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Sanuk.

Your friend sounds like his drop himself in it, don't know why he didn't renew before hand.

If the Thai Embassy and immigration is not going to help him, what I would do is contact the Irish Embassy and see if they can help him. goodluck.

Agree with Lopuri3. As long as there is space in a passport it can be used for stamps. Also air travel is advised as you get the 30 days entry and Malaysia requires no visa. He may be able to obtain an emergency passport from the irish embassy in Bangkok but if he has the space it will not be required. Good luck

There is no Irish embassy in Bangkok, only a small consulate in Sathorn Rd. (http://www.irelandinthailand.com)

Any passport renewals will have to go through them and they will forward the applicatipon to KL who will forward it to Dublin by diplomatic bag.

A looooooooonnng drawn out process.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys, Lopburi3. does your post still apply please? thinking about flying to thailand thailand on a mth tourist visa but have limited space (no free pages UK passport) but have space available for stamps on other pages. do you reckon i'd have a problem with thai immigration?

Many thanks in advance

Am not sure what "mth" tourist visa is but perhaps you mean month visa exempt entry? That is small entry stamp and if there is space in passport they will put anywhere. It is a Consulate visa that would require a full page.

Hi guys, Lopburi3. does your post still apply please? thinking about flying to thailand thailand on a mth tourist visa but have limited space (no free pages UK passport) but have space available for stamps on other pages. do you reckon i'd have a problem with thai immigration?

Many thanks in advance

Why not get a new one before you come, saves a lot of hassle.

Edited by beano2274

Many thanks in advance

Why not get a new one before you come, saves a lot of hassle.

Yes should have done moths ago. Singapore is an expensive place to wait for one though.

Yes Lopburi3, I did mean the free 1 month tourist entry stamp. Sorry people, I did not mention I was in Singapore where I did try to get an 'International Banker's Draft' payable to HK consulate General. But Standard Chartered do not accept cash..you have to have an account with them, well in Singapore you do.. Thanks again and sorry for any misunderstanding!

Am I missing something or am I blind, I don't see anything that says his passport has expired, only that there are no blank pages left. Can't he go to the Irsh embassy or consulate and have extra pages added? I have a US passport and have had to have pages added twice. It does sometimes make it hard to find the correct stamp since immigration picks a blank page anywhere to stamp it but it works. They used to add pages free, now it's $82 for 24 pages, two pieces of tape and a stamp.

Thanks for the info. They are really are missing out on an excellant revenue opportunity, after all $82 for 24 pages, a stamp and two pieces of tape.

The US is an exception - most countries do not add pages to there passports.