Visa Run To Hong Kong

I asked for the same the other days and was refused it on the basis that I had already stayed in Thailand 86 days consecutively. Prior to that I had been in Italy for a month and a half and before that again in Thailand for approximately 5 and half months first on a "TR" and then on an "O" visa. Even after showing the deeds to my house, birth certificate of my daughter and household registration with my name on it Mrs. Wong Tel: 852 253 25118 turned me down stating that just as she wasn’t allowed to reside in the US at the house of her daughter when she wanted, I had to night to live in my own house in Bangkok.

"Even after showing the deeds to my house, birth certificate of my daughter and household registration with my name on it..."

You showed her all that, and she didn't believe you're really a tourist?

Maybe next time you could try going legit and ask for an O visa.

I never heard of anyone being successful in getting a visa in HK.

Anyway, why do you refer to the house as your own, you can't own it! You may have paid for it but you don't own it.

You can own a condo in Thailand and I have twice successfully been granted O visas by showing my Condo Chanote (In Australia and the UK) despite not being married and being under 50.

Mrs Wong was correct really, it was wrong of you to apply for a tourist visa when clearly you are not a tourist.

I got my non-imm visa in HK and know of many other successful applicants there. I personally know Ms Wong and she was most helpful to me, particularly when I was purchasing property in Thailand whilst living in HK.

"Even after showing the deeds to my house, birth certificate of my daughter and household registration with my name on it..."

You showed her all that, and she didn't believe you're really a tourist?

Maybe next time you could try going legit and ask for an O visa.

No Actually an "O" was requested but not all Embassies do it so when that was denied as it was in Rome (Italy) I requested a TR.

Anyway, why do you refer to the house as your own, you can't own it! You may have paid for it but you don't own it.

You can own a condo in Thailand and I have twice successfully been granted O visas by showing my Condo Chanote (In Australia and the UK) despite not being married and being under 50.

Mrs Wong was correct really, it was wrong of you to apply for a tourist visa when clearly you are not a tourist.

Correction its an apartment sorry for causing confusion. With the same documentation I was refused an O in Johannesburg, Rome and HK. Was offered a TR in Rome and in Johannesburg as an alternative.

So showing that you are not a tourist appears to do little to get you an O.

Edited by aegdawson

I got my non-imm visa in HK and know of many other successful applicants there. I personally know Ms Wong and she was most helpful to me, particularly when I was purchasing property in Thailand whilst living in HK.

You were lucky. She wasn't of much help to me and wasted a lot of my time. At one point asking me to write a letter with all the reasons why I should be granted a visa for Thailand (as if they were not already obvious) Finally coming back to tell me I will give you an O when you bring me a marriage certificate showing you are married to the Mother of the child.... haha!

What reason did you give for wanting an O visa?

I believe an O visa is available in the region with proof of having a child here.

Marriage not required.

I think the financial requirements to extend the visa for a year is the same as for extending for marriage.