Thailand's Fire-Damaged CentralWorld Complex To Reopen Sep 28

webfact

so hyperdimension

at no point did tony say he has a shop there or even intimate he has a shop there, as for his leanings on the issue I say good on him, he has his principles and sticks to them based on what he considers best for the Thais and not just for him.

He is allowed to have his opinions and I would say the fuc_k are you to question those opinions, and then you say he has a twisted mind, flaming if ever I saw it.

I am guessing you have never sat down with tony and a conversation with him, he is an eloquent educated man that suffered a lot during those protests but at all times he could see the reasons behind them, and he didn't moan and cry about it like some of the people on here that were only affected in so much as there was a curfew and they couldn't drink past a certain time, he continued to work harder as did his staff to ensure that he laid nobody off, added to this he received no compensation from the government.

As for the burning of the buildings, he has his own thoughts on that and on who started the fires and on who had the most to gain, meet him and talk with him and listen to what he actually knows, maybe if you have proof that he is wrong you can bring it with you and I know for a fact he will listen, that's the point, he has an open mind and doesn't just believe everything he reads in the propaganda press.

anyway I guess if you want to meet him send me a pm and I will let you know where he drinks, I spoke with him last night and he will not post on here anymore due to the moderating and the bias shown to some posters, he is also cancelling his advertising on here, but I am sure he will happily sit down and talk, you might learn something rather that make wrong assumptions based on 2 posts.

Well in summary you got it wrong, clearly you don't read posts properley, clearly you read what you want to read into posts and if it doesn't fit in with your view of that person you change the content of the post in your mind, and then when its pointed out you are wrong you decide to say that the other poster has a twisted mind, why don't you just say "yeah I am sorry, I got it wrong whilst trying to score brownie points, what an arsehol_e I can be".

ps, you make a point that my comments are irrelevant to you post, a little hypocritical since your post contained to relevant facts whatsoever about tony.

If he is an educated rational man, they why did he continue to post such false, irrational political rhetoric, even when proven time and again how wrong he was.

Personally I think he quit posting because the retainer he was getting from Amsterdam & Peroff ran out.

TH

It has been proven wrong? wow, I thought is was still all being delat with and the blame passed from pillar to post, maybe you can let the government know its all been dealt with so they can stop trying to divert the blame in all directions apart from inwards.

Yes, it is a fact that the current government was elected according to laws of Thailand. TW continually denied this making references to the "unelected government" despite being shown time and again that all he was doing was repeating UDD and Robert Amsterdam propaganda lies.

TH

I will arrange for you both to meet and you can both explain away to your hearts content.

I don't see the need to take the discussion offline and to spend the time to meet him in person. Either tell him to post here, or post for him as a proxy (assuming that you are not tonywebster himself). I'm sure many people here would also like to hear his intelligent and open-minded ideas and get involved in the discussion.

My issue was the blatant lie in your first post stating that he had a shop in centralworld

It was an honest erroneous assumption and I apologize. The minor mistake should not be the main issue of our discussion, because regardless of whether he had a shop in there or a business somewhere else that is heavily reliant on Central World, it doesn't make any difference to my point about his twisted idea that the government and not the UDD is to blame for his business troubles.

Also I would say my comments are relevant to your point

That he is a hard worker and is nice to his staff? He might be an intelligent and friendly person, but how do such comments relate to the fact that tonywebster blames the government for his losses?

many of the anti reds on here laid the blame for the burning and carnage at the hands of the government for not dealing with the situation sooner and allowing it to escalate, they never laid the blame for lighting the match but they took a large proportion for allowing it to get that far in the first place.

In the original "Central World burnt down" thread I formulated the idea that the government may have allowed the burning to happen so that there would be a vivid and memorable negative picture associated with the UDD, painting the UDD as the "bad guys". It may or may not be true (there is no evidence), but if it is, it still doesn't make the UDD innocent of all wrongdoing, nor does it make the government guilty of the destruction. The guilty party in the destruction of Central World is the one who "lit the match". All evidence suggests that UDD protesters "lit the match", likely from incitement by the UDD leaders as shown in YouTube videos, and would therefore be the guilty party upon which tonywebster should be placing blame for his business troubles. There is no evidence that suggests that the government "lit the match" or condoned the burning.

Edited by hyperdimension

Just to annoy about every one here, read the 'vancouversun' article from the 15th this month. It has a brief on Chandler Vandergrift who was injured on May 19 here in BKK.

Don't know if I'm allowed to post the link, but you should be able to find it with what I wrote.

He's coming back for more after a mini lecture circuit in B.C.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Injured+journalist+recalls+deadly+riots+Bangkok/3531139/story.html

Just to annoy about every one here, read the 'vancouversun' article from the 15th this month. It has a brief on Chandler Vandergrift who was injured on May 19 here in BKK.

Don't know if I'm allowed to post the link, but you should be able to find it with what I wrote.

Why did the article annoy you? I read it and it wasn't particularly biased - except that it didn't mention specifically that the grenade that hit him came from the red shirt side, though that was implied.

Why did the article annoy you? I read it and it wasn't particularly biased - except that it didn't mention specifically that the grenade that hit him came from the red shirt side, though that was implied.

I didn't say the article annoyed me. It's just that an article with bits like "military was firing indiscriminately", "hit by a grenade fired by protesters" tends to get members 'inflamed' ;)

As for your last word 'implied', please do tell me, on the 19th of May were there other protesters than red-shirts ?

I didn't say the article annoyed me. It's just that an article with bits like "military was firing indiscriminately", "hit by a grenade fired by protesters" tends to get members 'inflamed' ;)

As for your last word 'implied', please do tell me, on the 19th of May were there other protesters than red-shirts ?

I like the flippant comment at the end about having to replace the $4,500.00 worth of camera gear taken by the military when they thought he was dead! How does he know it was taken by the military? They have enough crap to carry!, far more likely to be a protester or bystander that became an opportunistic thief.

^ he doesn't post on here as tonywebster anymore anyway.

I think we just found what his new name after he was banned is...

Anyway, the incorrect word above by a poster was 'shop' instead of 'business tied to the area [or something]'.

The rest of the post still stands.

Even if To..^H^H random would like to de-rail the argument now.

Edited by TAWP

so hyperdimension

at no point did tony say he has a shop there or even intimate he has a shop there, as for his leanings on the issue I say good on him, he has his principles and sticks to them based on what he considers best for the Thais and not just for him.

He is allowed to have his opinions and I would say the fuc_k are you to question those opinions, and then you say he has a twisted mind, flaming if ever I saw it.

I am guessing you have never sat down with tony and a conversation with him, he is an eloquent educated man that suffered a lot during those protests but at all times he could see the reasons behind them, and he didn't moan and cry about it like some of the people on here that were only affected in so much as there was a curfew and they couldn't drink past a certain time, he continued to work harder as did his staff to ensure that he laid nobody off, added to this he received no compensation from the government.

As for the burning of the buildings, he has his own thoughts on that and on who started the fires and on who had the most to gain, meet him and talk with him and listen to what he actually knows, maybe if you have proof that he is wrong you can bring it with you and I know for a fact he will listen, that's the point, he has an open mind and doesn't just believe everything he reads in the propaganda press.

anyway I guess if you want to meet him send me a pm and I will let you know where he drinks, I spoke with him last night and he will not post on here anymore due to the moderating and the bias shown to some posters, he is also cancelling his advertising on here, but I am sure he will happily sit down and talk, you might learn something rather that make wrong assumptions based on 2 posts.

Well in summary you got it wrong, clearly you don't read posts properley, clearly you read what you want to read into posts and if it doesn't fit in with your view of that person you change the content of the post in your mind, and then when its pointed out you are wrong you decide to say that the other poster has a twisted mind, why don't you just say "yeah I am sorry, I got it wrong whilst trying to score brownie points, what an arsehol_e I can be".

ps, you make a point that my comments are irrelevant to you post, a little hypocritical since your post contained to relevant facts whatsoever about tony.

Wow! This 'tony' guy is connected; he even has his own Robert Amsterdam.

Is this tony bloke related to Carmen Sandiego?

Like "Who The <deleted> is Tony Webster?"

Why has this newsworthy thread about a major Thailand business, a major investor in the future of the country quickly recovering from major damage suffered at the hands of anti-government protesters through their good fiscal management and budget control, been turned into a pathetic diatribe by a bunch of sycophantic farang lapdogs yapping at each other?

Answers on a postcard to....

If vievers here get annoyed then that tells more about them than about the journalist. He just states that he was travelling with the military when he was hit by shrapnel from a grenade, obviously fired by unarmed peaceful protesters

Yes, it is a fact that the current government was elected according to laws of Thailand. TW continually denied this making references to the "unelected government" despite being shown time and again that all he was doing was repeating UDD and Robert Amsterdam propaganda lies.

TH

Yes, the current government is very clearly elected according to Thai law. Problem is that there will always be low-life willing to use the fact that uneducated people believe easily without questioning and they will continue to mislead them for their own gain no matter how clear that is made.