City Now Website

Paagai

I should preface this with the comment that I'm not getting at City Now/City life and think they have a great website. I know technical gremlins can invade even the best and this issue may not be their fault at all.

Just tried to vist their site using Google Chrome Browser and got the following displayed:

Warning: Visiting this site may harm your computer!

The website at www.city-now.com appears to host malware – software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that hosts malware can infect your computer.

For detailed information about the problems with this site, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for www.city-now.com.

Following the diagnostics showed the problem seems to have been detected yesterday and goes into more specifics - I won;t repeat them here.

Is anyone else seeing the same problem? Has the site been hacked maybe?

Other browser users should beware as they may not show this warning.

They had this problem some time ago i seem to remember. Thais often hope problems will go away. I'm not saying this is happening in this case but best course is to avoid the site. Just read the hard copy and dont put your computer at risk

I have had no problem...FYI...There is no hard copy of CIty Now!

The op mentioned citylife and they did have a problem some time ago. citylife does haev a hard copy

the following is from their owner

"O dear, I am so sorry. I am no technician, but just checked with ours and they said that over the weekend, our host, Dreamhost, changed servers or something and caused the problems. Our site has now been debugged and is whistle-clean. I am so very sorry for the inconvenience caused and we will try to monitor things more (we don't work weekends, that is why it takes until Monday morning to respond to problems). Cheers. Pim "

Yes, I am so sorry for the ongoing problems. We have used Dreamhost since 1998 and they never gave us problems, so this year when the first few problems emerged, we didn't respond the way we should have done, we just thought, 'well after over a decade they are allowed to have some issues, let's stick with them.' That, unfortunately was a stupid mistake. So, now we are scrambling around trying to find a new host for our many (and clients' many) sites and when we have done some research we will do our best to move our hosting company as soon as possible. As I said, I am no technician and that is where a lot of the problem is, I will do my best to learn more about this and try to understand the technic-speak of my staff more! Thank you for bearing with us, and once again, huge apologies.

Pim

Yes, I am so sorry for the ongoing problems. We have used Dreamhost since 1998 and they never gave us problems, so this year when the first few problems emerged, we didn't respond the way we should have done, we just thought, 'well after over a decade they are allowed to have some issues, let's stick with them.' That, unfortunately was a stupid mistake. So, now we are scrambling around trying to find a new host for our many (and clients' many) sites and when we have done some research we will do our best to move our hosting company as soon as possible. As I said, I am no technician and that is where a lot of the problem is, I will do my best to learn more about this and try to understand the technic-speak of my staff more! Thank you for bearing with us, and once again, huge apologies.

Pim

Thanks Pim for a very positive post

I am sure people will stick with you as you have been very upfront with this issue, which of course is not of your making.

What frustrates farang is when they feel a thai is not taking an issue seriously and taking no responsibility. Mae bhen rai gone too far maybe?

Anyway, thanks again. Citylife is a great magazine

caf

I use Dreamhost and have had no problems at all. If me, I would check with them what is causing the site to be reported as an attack site. It could also come from your own computers that upload the site according to the lit. about it. IE is showing OK it seems to be more of a Firefox thing, this site is quite useful

Badware