Fm 90.5 Vs Fm 91.5

napalm

Driving to or from work I always listen to these radio stations and keep shifting back and forth as one has a tendency to play old boring jingles (ads) frequently and the other play torturing hip-hop music a bit too often. Anyway, driving around the island, I tend to lose the 91.5 signal much more frequently than the 90.5 one. Is this station transmitting a much weaker signal or is it just my crappy car radio ? The West Coast of Phuket (Kata/Karon etc.) is a problem area for both stations, but I guess this has more to do with the mountain range and stations being located in town. The 91.5 station fades away even in town sometimes....

For me, the biggest mistake 90.5 makes is broadcasting their "amusing" gimmicky adverts. They may, only may, be funny the first or second time you hear them but they run them continuously for months, (even years I think), on end. It's total overkill. There was one about drugs that started, "Hundreds and hundreds of teenage boys and girls..."

It's just annoying and I for one often reach for the off button when these horrible ads come on.

Yeh, and there's one with a speeded up voiceover that drives me insane. (I don't even know what the ad is for; that's how uneffective it is.)

I don't listen to 91.5 because the sound is distorted no matter where you go on the island.

91.5 is fine untill you catch the Scottish expat(i feel like putting a S). Keeps talking, Keeps annoying, Keeps playing terrible music.

And how often can you hear the 25mins long publicity for davinci and not start hating that restaurant after that? right after the scott starts talking every 20 secs in the songs about whatever his 2 only friends are texting him that day.

If i wanted to hear some funny radio commentators, id get a satellite radio and listen to the real humorist from my country, not some guy who couldn't cut it in his own country.

Sorry for the rant, his show is really horrible. Makes me want to hit every motorcyle

91.5 is fine untill you catch the Scottish expat(i feel like putting a S). Keeps talking, Keeps annoying, Keeps playing terrible music.

And how often can you hear the 25mins long publicity for davinci and not start hating that restaurant after that? right after the scott starts talking every 20 secs in the songs about whatever his 2 only friends are texting him that day.

If i wanted to hear some funny radio commentators, id get a satellite radio and listen to the real humorist from my country, not some guy who couldn't cut it in his own country.

Sorry for the rant, his show is really horrible. Makes me want to hit every motorcyle

Fair enough if you don' t like the show but why do you imply that Doris is some kind of sex tourist/ sexpat ?

Also for your guide it's Scot and not scott.

I could go on but I looked through some of your other posts and saw you referring to someone as, " ...sounding like a drunken irishman with downsyndrom... ' You are clearly a class act.

Anyway what country are you from that makes you so superior in all ways ?

I need to listen to something during the school run and dabble with both.

I think 91.5 is a more professional sounding station but with poorer sound quality.

Despite his tendency to talk over songs, DJ Doris is a very professional sounding DJ and Danny O is greatly improved from when he started.

Unfortunately the out of date news plus, currently, a Thai lady stand-in DJ during the 'Good Morning Andaman' show on 90.5 are very off-putting so it's mainly 91.5 at the moment, despite the many annoying ads.

Project Supplies Direct at least try; the Itree ad still has them as opposite Homepro even though they moved a while back, the pronunciation of Karon as Karen in the Navarang Mahal and and the guy that can't say Phuket properly in the Phuket Post ad sales ad.

The other one's ads are no better as mentioned by a previous poster.

However we are lucky to have English language radio and both stations are IMO better than the main English station in Bangkok.

The 91.5 ads are a "lot" more bearable than 90.5.... The 90.5....horrible home-made sounding stuff...especially the one with Baazaan Market that they play every 5 minutes :(( 91.5 gains a listner everytime that one starts + a few more motorcycles hits:) By the way, I like listening to the Australian 91.5 guy.... he sounds pretty professional....Scottish guy, I like him too except for the PUSCO ad...he he...well who am I to blame for accenst/dialects ;)

For me, I am just very grateful to have not one but two English language radio stations to choose from. When I first came here there were none. The adverts are very, very annoying but if you program your car radio correctly it is easy to just flick over to the other station. The same goes for any tune/song you don't like. I do often question the playlist choices of 91.5 during the day as they don't seem to have any definable identity, but the 'Old Record Club' on a Monday night is a great listen. As for the DJs (on both stations), they might not be the best in the world but who cares, they are cheerful and do their best and getting better all the time. Again I say, very happy to have English language radio with Western music playing.

FYI: the woman on 'Good Morning Andaman' isn't a temporary fill in. B95 closed and all the expats 'left'. They moved all the B95 DJs over to 90.5 Blue Wave.

FYI: the woman on 'Good Morning Andaman' isn't a temporary fill in. B95 closed and all the expats 'left'. They moved all the B95 DJs over to 90.5 Blue Wave.

Oh dear. I'm sure I'm not the only person that can't listen to the lady in question for more than a few minutes of stumbling and hesitating over any word of longer than three syllables.

Sad, as the concept of the 'Good Morning Andaman' show is a good one, especially for those of us driving to work or school.

I'm grateful for any English speaking station TBH.

However I listen to 91.5 and I can easily put up with the ads but when the voice of the devil (the BBC) comes on every hour I quickly switch to 90.5 for about 7 minutes or so.

What I have wondered though; why have the BBC news every hour? Its so depressing, even the beeps are just before. Is the show funded by them under some kind of foreign station thing like you would expect from the establishment BBC?

Keep up the good work 91.5! (just lose the news if possible wink wink)

I'm grateful for any English speaking station TBH.

However I listen to 91.5 and I can easily put up with the ads but when the voice of the devil (the BBC) comes on every hour I quickly switch to 90.5 for about 7 minutes or so.

What I have wondered though; why have the BBC news every hour? Its so depressing, even the beeps are just before. Is the show funded by them under some kind of foreign station thing like you would expect from the establishment BBC?

Keep up the good work 91.5! (just lose the news if possible wink wink)

There is usually a sponsor's ad, from a local company, just prior to the news.

Are both 90.65 and 91.5 Radro Brit? hel_l, I speak English, have 7 years of higher education in America and haven't a clue about lots of stuff cause they don't speak English. Why don't they get some Yanks and Aussies on board... Opps, at a social event a muckie muckiemuck in the bossland of radio free Brit admitted, after a bit of drinking, that they liked to keep the lil Brittie boys about so they can dip their wicks into something decent! Da man did say so! How about Radio Free Engrit!

And some good American country wester music... <deleted>... hear a little ZZ Top, with Sharp Dressed Man or Merrill Haggard doing I'm just an Okie from MuskogieWhat about a littel rock-a-billy.. Roy Orbison. dam_n, I ought to get into the studio... Ooops again, Don't want to get a work permit!!!!

untitled.bmp

American DJ's are good, they dont need to move to a third world country and work, they can retire in peace :jap:

90.5 has a lot of american music, i think the people blasting it are just working for 91.5. I moved my radio to 90.5 for the past 2 days. ONLY at 6-7pm do you get any publicity.

I heard some huge classics all day, old 80's cheesy rock songs that are so fun to listen to.

Are both 90.65 and 91.5 Radro Brit? hel_l, I speak English, have 7 years of higher education in America and haven't a clue about lots of stuff cause they don't speak English. Why don't they get some Yanks and Aussies on board... Opps, at a social event a muckie muckiemuck in the bossland of radio free Brit admitted, after a bit of drinking, that they liked to keep the lil Brittie boys about so they can dip their wicks into something decent! Da man did say so! How about Radio Free Engrit!

And some good American country wester music... <deleted>... hear a little ZZ Top, with Sharp Dressed Man or Merrill Haggard doing I'm just an Okie from MuskogieWhat about a littel rock-a-billy.. Roy Orbison. dam_n, I ought to get into the studio... Ooops again, Don't want to get a work permit!!!!

I have heard all of those on 91.5. They even had a Roy Orbison special a while back. Ask for a request they will play it as they seem to have a fairly extensive selection. BTW I can understand American accents, even red neck, but I don't come from anywhere near there. In fact living in Phuket you should understand all sorts of English accents, even mine.

I have heard all of those on 91.5. They even had a Roy Orbison special a while back. Ask for a request they will play it as they seem to have a fairly extensive selection. BTW I can understand American accents, even red neck, but I don't come from anywhere near there. In fact living in Phuket you should understand all sorts of English accents, even mine.

Just a smidgen of stuff. If I were an advertisder I would be very concerned at the blatent oversue of Britty colloquialisms. It is to the extgent that is has be come a Radio Cockney which is just a smak in the face of arrogance. I'll think I'll sample the sponsors and have them listen in to see is the staion reaches a broad spectrum for advertisers or is just a little centralized smak in the face.. Have a look at that, luv!

Not to mention that BBC is not the holy grail of news!

I'm supprised we don't hear God Save the Queen Lizzie and subtitle as HMRS!

post-113802-001319900 1284966910_thumb.j

yeah seriously, the itree scottish or british acccent is so annoying, the other day i needed their service while i was at the bank next door.. i looked at the banner.. and say, **** it im going to a thai competitor.

True story.

How about sports. Ya gotta sayh that these wannbe DJ's don't jack outside of the UK. Lets get ride of the lil Britty Boyh shows and make itg an Int'l event as well as it should be... Tis only the priemership and the ashes test.. My asses test! Off with their heads for putting on Radio Britty Boy. Welll see aboutg the advert p!ayers.. I for one call all to ring up the advert people and complain about radio dumb dumb!

!

yeah seriously, the itree scottish or british acccent is so annoying, the other day i needed their service while i was at the bank next door.. i looked at the banner.. and say, **** it im going to a thai competitor.

True story.

Ha ha ha ! You are great, I am actually starting to like you ! Are you at the wind- up ?

" Scottish or British, " Scotland is part of Britain. The accent is Welsh, Wales, also a part of Britain. True story.

Ha ha ha nice geography skills ! Keep on strummin' the banjo.

if you have not noticed, most people outside britain do not really care about the country outside of the basic stereotyping.

While you know every US states and Canadian province and most European culture, all of them are pretty clueless about yours and they're happy that way :jap::jap:

It's fun because UK's always get annoyed when no one knows anything about their plain country

if you have not noticed, most people outside britain do not really care about the country outside of the basic stereotyping.

While you know every US states and Canadian province and most European culture, all of them are pretty clueless about yours and they're happy that way :jap::jap:

It's fun because UK's always get annoyed when no one knows anything about their plain country

Be culturally aware and have knowledge of other countries outside our own ?- yep that' ll do me.

Be an ignorant redneck ?- no thanks.

Ha ha ha- UK "plain" country ! Do you write this stuff yourself ?

Anyway don' t think we will last long with this as we' re going way off topic. Ta ta.

Quote from Ilyelol: "While you know every US states and Canadian provinceand most European culture, all of them are pretty clueless about yours and they're happy that way"

I think it's not just the UK that Yanks are clueless about:

There is, or used to be, an American show on UBC called Are You SmarterThan a Fifth Grader? I don't know if you're familiar with this show.

Here's the format: There's a quizmaster who asks the questions. There's a contestant who answers the questions and can progress to win one million dollars. And there's a small group of 10 year old, fifthgrade children who can sorta help the contestant with the answers.

One of the things this show has taught me is how often Yanks seem to have no idea about anything outside of the U.S.A.

Here's an example:

On one show the contestant was a fifth grade school teacher. He selected a World Geography question which was: What country is Canberra the capital of?

First off, I have to tell you that the quizmaster pronounced Canberra as canBERra i.e. with the accent on ber. So, I'm already laughing.

After much deliberation, the contestant announces that he isn't sure but he thinks it's probably an obscure country, maybe Uzbekistan.

The quizmaster then asks a 10 year old fifth grader what he thinks the answer is. He replies Australia.

In the audience is the principal of the school that the contestant teaches in. The camera zooms into her and the quizmaster asks her what she thinks. She says she's not sure, but states it's definitely not Australia.

You gotta laugh!

Back to the topic of our being pused into have radio Britty Boy (does that ryme with Bwotty Boy) . Have a look at the sports coverage... Nothing but Brit. We'll we would expect that becasue the Brity boys don;t know jack but soccer! Wake up as YOUR sprot is not taken over by all the immigrants you have on welfare.. Niggerians and other such Afrikan rubbish in the streets. Look, the U.S. is now producing great players and has a fine league. For the Record I was playing organized soccer 50 years ago in San Francisco, under the tutilange of a fromer Pro from Romania! Steve Negiousco, name sakeof the University of San Francisco socccer program. How about some American and Aussie sports. The stations need a makeover to include all of expats not just the Birtty Boys and their mum's. Have a go at it and lets not hear from any wimps or bed wetters!

We don't smoke marajuana in Muskogie!

I say to all no Brit expats to contact the advert people and say there is no reason to listen to Radio Free Brity Boy!

Hi

They are both crap,,me think,, cant stand the adds they come with, that davinci is just so bad,i live very close but dont go there, just in case i should meet the people there do th add :bah: . Haven’t been listening for a long time, my ipod does it better and no adds