Fm 90.5 Vs Fm 91.5

napalm

im in krabi and i can only pick up 90.5 ,sometimes if near the beach away from rocks and cliffs can get 91.5 ,91.5 the better of the 2 but still alittle annoying adds and news.

the most annoying add at the moment is "whats for dinner tonight dear"

"pad thai honey"

Edited by taninthai

Quote from Ilyelol: "While you know every US states and Canadian provinceand most European culture, all of them are pretty clueless about yours and they're happy that way"

I think it's not just the UK that Yanks are clueless about:

There is, or used to be, an American show on UBC called Are You SmarterThan a Fifth Grader? I don't know if you're familiar with this show.

Here's the format: There's a quizmaster who asks the questions. There's a contestant who answers the questions and can progress to win one million dollars. And there's a small group of 10 year old, fifthgrade children who can sorta help the contestant with the answers.

One of the things this show has taught me is how often Yanks seem to have no idea about anything outside of the U.S.A.

Here's an example:

On one show the contestant was a fifth grade school teacher. He selected a World Geography question which was: What country is Canberra the capital of?

First off, I have to tell you that the quizmaster pronounced Canberra as canBERra i.e. with the accent on ber. So, I'm already laughing.

After much deliberation, the contestant announces that he isn't sure but he thinks it's probably an obscure country, maybe Uzbekistan.

The quizmaster then asks a 10 year old fifth grader what he thinks the answer is. He replies Australia.

In the audience is the principal of the school that the contestant teaches in. The camera zooms into her and the quizmaster asks her what she thinks. She says she's not sure, but states it's definitely not Australia.

You gotta laugh!

you don't seem to realise that north america is HUGE, everything that is found around the rest of the world, can be found there. All climats, all culture.

So of course the average american does not give a crap about the capitals of small countries. hel_l i don't either and im not american. Why would i need to know that? You need it to impress some bargirls?

im fairly certain that most students in any country would never know what country Canberra is in. I went to a good private school and we'Ve never talked or read about this country. But if you think your penis will grow by knowing this, good for you. Props, you know a city that most other people don't.

If america didn't have the IRS i'd be living there tomorow, everything from thailand is there, even the thai people. Everything i like from japan, france, denmark, switzerland as well.

And some of the best landscapes in the world.

Haters gonna hate, am i right?

im in krabi and i can only pick up 90.5 ,sometimes if near the beach away from rocks and cliffs can get 91.5 ,91.5 the better of the 2 but still alittle annoying adds and news.

the most annoying add at the moment is "whats for dinner tonight dear"

"pad thai honey"

I thought the working girl said pad thai hanteee

some kind of thai dish i didn't know about

lol thanks for the clarification.

Quote from Ilyelol: "While you know every US states and Canadian provinceand most European culture, all of them are pretty clueless about yours and they're happy that way"

I think it's not just the UK that Yanks are clueless about:

There is, or used to be, an American show on UBC called Are You SmarterThan a Fifth Grader? I don't know if you're familiar with this show.

Here's the format: There's a quizmaster who asks the questions. There's a contestant who answers the questions and can progress to win one million dollars. And there's a small group of 10 year old, fifthgrade children who can sorta help the contestant with the answers.

One of the things this show has taught me is how often Yanks seem to have no idea about anything outside of the U.S.A.

Here's an example:

On one show the contestant was a fifth grade school teacher. He selected a World Geography question which was: What country is Canberra the capital of?

First off, I have to tell you that the quizmaster pronounced Canberra as canBERra i.e. with the accent on ber. So, I'm already laughing.

After much deliberation, the contestant announces that he isn't sure but he thinks it's probably an obscure country, maybe Uzbekistan.

The quizmaster then asks a 10 year old fifth grader what he thinks the answer is. He replies Australia.

In the audience is the principal of the school that the contestant teaches in. The camera zooms into her and the quizmaster asks her what she thinks. She says she's not sure, but states it's definitely not Australia.

You gotta laugh!

you don't seem to realise that north america is HUGE, everything that is found around the rest of the world, can be found there. All climats, all culture.

So of course the average american does not give a crap about the capitals of small countries. hel_l i don't either and im not american. Why would i need to know that? You need it to impress some bargirls?

im fairly certain that most students in any country would never know what country Canberra is in. I went to a good private school and we'Ve never talked or read about this country. But if you think your penis will grow by knowing this, good for you. Props, you know a city that most other people don't.

If america didn't have the IRS i'd be living there tomorow, everything from thailand is there, even the thai people. Everything i like from japan, france, denmark, switzerland as well.

And some of the best landscapes in the world.

Haters gonna hate, am i right?

Sober up.

How is it that a perfectly simple thread ends up as a Brit bashing/Yank bashing thread?

Seems to happen quite a lot on TV these days.

Because unfortunately, the country that brings the most scum to thailand is britain. Everytime something is wrong in thailand, its usualy related to a brit

A bad radio station

A balcony jumper

A fortune lost through a bargirl

A killer muy thai fighter

A bar fight

A car wreck

A drunken act that disturbed

A suicide

A new neighbor

list goes on for years. I was actually quite founded of british people until i moved here, then i met many of them and started to hate the country with a passion. Phuket cable having a british channel that is totally terrible did not help. Im certainely the majority with this. Obviously this only applies to the stereotypical british guy, not the average young guy that was raised in london and did not start drinking at 12 years old with his soccer watching mates at the pub

Quote from Ilyelol:

"So of course the average american does not give a crap about the capitals of small countries."

And

"I went to a good private school and we'Ve never talked or read about this country."

For your information:

Australia, the capital of which is Canberra, is the 6th largest country in the world.

Considering there are about 195 countries in the world, I think it's fair to say that Australia must be pretty big if it's the 6th biggest.

As someone else said, sober up – but on second thoughts, don't – you're good fun!