Le Snack On Soi Chayaboom

Jimmyd

I've been watching the progress as they have been building Le Snack, so stopped in yesterday when I saw that they had opened. It's about halfway up Soi Chaiyapoom (I love all the alternative spellings of this soi) next to the French restaurant; it has a huge sign above it, so it's hard to miss. It's a small place--no air con, just a basic shop house. I would comment on decor as I have no clue about stuff like that.

However, I was on my way home after a few beers, so needed something to soak up the extra liquid in my belly. I grabbed a couple sandwiches to go--one was ham and cheese, the other garlic sausage. I chatted with the owner as they made my stuff. He's got a couple other businesses, and is in it for the long haul it seems, so hopefully this place will be around for a while because the sandwiches were good value for the money.

55 baht each, on small, nice, crusty french bread. Puts the bread at Subway (blech) to shame. The fillings were rather sparse, but for the money and convenience, they will get my custom often. Both sandwiches tasted great and really hit the spot. I'd eat another one for breakfast if it was in front of me. I might even stop by on my way to work in the morning for sandwiches for lunch (they're open 24 hours). I'll probably try to make a deal with the owner at some point to do an Amurucun type sandwich with a lot of fillings (of course at a higher price), or perhaps a Vietnamese sandwich with pickled vegetables and chilies.

They also had omelets at a low price, and some other stuff; if I get a chance to try the other stuff and I'll report back on this thread. So far Le Snack has the balance between quality and price spot on.

And how long ago did your Brother open up,did you say? :D

I have done many reviews of restaurants on Thai Visa. If I owned or had an interest in all of them, I would be a rich man indeed. Unfortunately, I am only a customer. I'd be happy to meet up with any moderator from Thai Visa to verify this.

I try to provide useful information to others here both because I like to be helpful and because I like to contribute knowledge about our fair city to others as many have done for me.

Actually, there are many successful businesses on Soi Chayapoom. You've missed Canterbury Tales, Neeroys, there's a bakery that seems to be in it for the long haul (Best Bakery Pattaya?), Seaside II has been there forever, the French restaurant next to Le Snack (Le Cap Breton) has been there quite a few years (at least 5), and that's just to name a few. In addition, the owner told me has other businesses in Pattaya, so he's no pie in the sky dreamer--he has experience (unless he lied to me, which I doubt as we were just chatting).

I'll be very surprised if this place closes in 6 months. However, I won't be super surprised as I've seen so many places close quickly just as you predict.

Edited by Jimmyd

Actually, there are many successful businesses on Soi Chayapoom. You've missed Canterbury Tales, Neeroys, there's a bakery that seems to be in it for the long haul (Best Bakery Pattaya?), Seaside II has been there forever, the French restaurant next to Le Snack (Le Cap Breton) has been there quite a few years (at least 5), and that's just to name a few. In addition, the owner told me has other businesses in Pattaya, so he's no pie in the sky dreamer--he has experience (unless he lied to me, which I doubt as we were just chatting).

I'll be very surprised if this place closes in 6 months. However, I won't be super surprised as I've seen so many places close quickly just as you predict.

To the OP thanks for the review, I'll check the place out in the next few days.

Slightly off-topic, but can anyone tell me how many years 'Crazy Daves' has been open?

Slightly off-topic, but can anyone tell me how many years 'Crazy Daves' has been open?

2002 http://www.pattayapeople.com/default.asp?Folder=16&IdArticle=17175

• 1 month later...

Is he still an alcaholic, I heard he was dying of it. ??

2002 http://www.pattayape...IdArticle=17175