10 Year Visa To Usa

R=religious worker

The visitor visa is a type of nonimmigrant visa for persons desiring to enter the United States temporarily for business (B-1) or for pleasure, tourism or medical treatment (B-2).

M=multiple entries.

R = Religious worker is strange. Since she is not affiliated with any religious organization nor were any questions ever directed to her regarding religion. She has a career not affiliated with religion.

R=religious worker

The visitor visa is a type of nonimmigrant visa for persons desiring to enter the United States temporarily for business (B-1) or for pleasure, tourism or medical treatment (B-2).

M=multiple entries.

R = Religious worker is strange. Since she is not affiliated with any religious organization nor were any questions ever directed to her regarding religion. She has a career not affiliated with religion.

My wife is not a religious worker and her visa has the R on it. I think visasplus explanation of the R is the correct meaning.

R=religious worker

M=multiple entries.

My wife is not a religious worker and her visa has the R on it. I think visasplus explanation of the R is the correct meaning.

I did further research and you and Visaplus are correct. Thank you all for your replies.

You should also know that holding a ten year multiple entry visa does not mean that she can stay for ten years, but merely that the visa would not have to be renewed again until the end of ten years. The length of each visit is determined by the immigration agent when she lands in the USA. I believe that the absolute maximum that she can stay in any 12 month period is 180 days, but others could correct me on this. If she wants to stay for a long period (say longer than 90 days) she should be prepared to tell the immigration agent her reason when she arrives. Unfortunately, you will rarely be able to be with her when she is interviewed at the airport so you might want to practice this beforehand.

You should also know that holding a ten year multiple entry visa does not mean that she can stay for ten years, but merely that the visa would not have to be renewed again until the end of ten years. The length of each visit is determined by the immigration agent when she lands in the USA. I believe that the absolute maximum that she can stay in any 12 month period is 180 days, but others could correct me on this. If she wants to stay for a long period (say longer than 90 days) she should be prepared to tell the immigration agent her reason when she arrives. Unfortunately, you will rarely be able to be with her when she is interviewed at the airport so you might want to practice this beforehand.

Good advice. I was wondering how long she could stay each visit since there really was no explanation during interview and of course she did not ask any questions about anything..hahaha. Thank you

Unfortunately, you will rarely be able to be with her when she is interviewed at the airport so you might want to practice this beforehand.

Not so

I've been with my then g-f, now wife, on each of her times through U.S. Immigration at Seattle, Portland, or San Fran, no problem, and I did the talking. Sometimes we went through the AmCit line but usually just bit the bullet and went through the aliens line. Each time she received a 6-month stay chop even tho we told the Imm Off that were were staying just a month or six weeks, saves them resetting their stamp. So reckon it would not have been a problem if we'd have stayed for the full period.

Mac

Edited by Thanyaburi Mac

Unfortunately, you will rarely be able to be with her when she is interviewed at the airport so you might want to practice this beforehand.

Not so

I've been with my then g-f, now wife, on each of her times through U.S. Immigration at Seattle, Portland, or San Fran, no problem, and I did the talking. Sometimes we went through the AmCit line but usually just bit the bullet and went through the aliens line. Each time she received a 6-month stay chop even tho we told the Imm Off that were were staying just a month or six weeks, saves them resetting their stamp. So reckon it would not have been a problem if we'd have stayed for the full period.

Mac

Mac, what do you recommend for us. We will be pulling into Atlanta. Am cit line or alien?

Not so

Mac

Mac, what do you recommend for us. We will be pulling into Atlanta. Am cit line or alien?

Hans

Hmmm, kind of a toss up. If you scurry from the plane and are sort of at the head of the line when you hit Immigration, I'd probably opt for the Aliens lines. If there's someone in uniform wandering around, ask them if it's OK to go through the AmCit lines.

Sometimes they don't really like that much as there's usually a wee bit more questioning (nothing tough for a routine trip) of a foreigner than there is for a lone AmCit. That's why I've just hit the Alien line to begin with. Usually have three hours before the connecting flight to PDX so never been a problem.

Mac

6 months is the norm per entry. With an extension as a possibility if needed. My wife was stamped in for 6 months on her 10 year TV even though we were only in the States for 3 weeks.

Same for us. Always 6 months even though staying for a short period. I always take my family with me via the American citizens immigration line to save time and there's never been a hassle.