Printing T-Shirts And Flags

I am not sure this belongs in the business section, but it is small-business related. Perhaps the admin will shift it to a more appropriate section.

I am interested to know how t-shirts and other fabric are printed, and any reliable companies that can do it.

but I am not talking about the current way of printing t-shirts by heat treating them with a layer of plastic. This is the cheap method. this stuff will crack up when it gets washed. And for hot climates especially it is uncomfortable, since the plastic traps heat in. The reason we wear t-shirts in south asia is to keep cool, so this plastic junk defeats the purpose.

I am interested in the older method of printing t-shirts, in which the fabric itself was dyed or treated in some way.

This was the standard way to print T-shirts until the plastic coating method came in.

It was and still is the cheap way of making flags, the expensive way being to sew the separate colored pieces together.

I would appreciate any info from a knowledgeable person.

Edited by jan1van1hooten

Thailand is full of factories that can do any kind of fabric printing you want- silk screen, heat transfer, sublimation dye, offset printing you name it they can do it. Are you in Thailand? I can tell you some places to look / contact. Cheers! Tony

what is the difference in effect between the processes you mentioned?

silk screen

heat transfer

sublimation dye

offsetting printing

I need to know the process I don't want and the process that gives the results I do want.

I guess that you must be interested in "serigraphy": http://en.wikipedia....Screen-printing

forgive my lack of experience, but I cannot be sure this process would produce what I want.

a silk screen process (serigraphy) pushes pigment through a screen.

Theoretically I think that could include a thick plastic coating, which I do not want.

Edited by jan1van1hooten

Silkscreeniing at thai t-shirt factory

you might notice from my post that I need to know about printing t-shirts and flags.

your post seems to be only spam for your company, and you have given no information on processes and effects that would help somebody choose.

It appears as if you do not know anything about fabric printing.

So, I would appreciate it if you did not use my thread as a spam opportunity, even indirectly with a link to your company.

you mean 'discharge printing' (beleive me , I am in the business)Not so many people do it because its more complicated but i know some who do

It depends what quantity you want because its a bit more work to set up.send me a PM and I can put you in touch with a guy who can help you out but it has to be at least 100 per design to make it worthwhile price wise.

Cheers