Jump to content

Wife Burmese Citizen With Thai Alien Id Card

Recommended Posts


My wife is Thai Yai (Shan) and was born in Burma. She has been living in Thailand for 7 years and has a Thai Alien ID card.

1. Can we register our civil marriage at the local Amphur?

2. I wish to take my wife back to Europe for a holiday. Can I get her travel papers without applying for a passport?



Link to post
Share on other sites

1) Don't know, sorry.

2) She will obviously need the appropriate visa issued by the embassy of the country(ies) you intend to visit. A Schengen visa will allow entry to the Schengen area and she should apply to the embassy of the state you intend to visit first. If a non Schengen state then a visa issued by the embassy of that state will be required.

To obtain either, she will need a passport.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...