What Seedbox To Use?

astral

suggestions very welcome

Feral (just got a new bunch of plans on OVH servers) and Whatbox (mostly Leaseweb) are the current favourites on private trackers.

If you know what you're doing, get a dedi. Pisses on seedboxes in terms of value for money.

i just cancelled my pulsed account for a year after 1 week. I was on a gigabit line with 450GB disk space. I could get a 1080 bluray rip onto the box in under 2 minutes.

problem was i could not get it down to my machine any faster than direct torrenting would have

I can't help thinking that you have missed the point

It is Seedbox to seed files to other torrent users,

not a Leechbox.

If you only wanted to get the files to your own machine then direct torrents is probably the answer. biggrin.png

no i suspect you are missing the point or are being purposely obtuse, I am seeding and my ratios are very high, competition on private trackers makes seeding from thailand on a 1mbit line almost pointless.

I do however also wish to download what i torrent. why would i pay 300 bucks a year to merely seed?

I have tested to other ftp servers and am consistently hitting my ceiling, so i know it is not my line, however none of these are seedboxes.

suggestions very welcome

Try downloading directly using http vs ftp protocol. Use a downloader like FDM or IDM

"2nd best time to plant a tree is today." Sent from ThaiVisa app.

no workie, tried. I ave also stated that i am using fdm

pulsed would max my 8mbit dsl connection, but would not allow more than 8-10 connections and a max of 9-10 mbit, so i cancelled.

If Pulsed was maxing your connection, what exactly is the problem? 9-10 mbit is nearly max speed on a 100/100 box. Or were you on gigabit?

i was on gigabit, and sorry if i wansn't clear, pulsed would not go any faster than 9mbps on my 20/2 cable line. it would max my 8mbs dsl line.

get a seedbox 100mbps would max both no problems.

this is using multiple downloads and sections via FDM (free download manager)

^Fair enough. Go with Feral or Whatbox then. Pulsed is for total noobs. Feral definitely don't have any restrictions on FTP/HTTP (I know from experience). They got some sweet new plans as well. I'm pretty sure Whatbox don't have any restrictions either.

Like I said before though, best option by a mile is a dedi - you have complete control.

FYI, i just opened an account with feral, setup in under 20 mins, 25 gig downloaded to the box already and avg ftp speeds down over 10 gb downloaded to my machine via ftp is 15mbps. Peak dl speed is 20.1

so far so good.

cant beat them for setup time that is for sure.

https://www.feralhosting.com/pricing

i got helium, the price is certainly right.