Urgently Want To Buy An I-Phone?

stevenhb

Downstairs at Big C, the Apple corner in the IT shop under the escalators, they had stock yesterday of 16GB and 32GB in sealed boxes. They sell two versions, Apple factory unlock or software unlock which is a few k THB cheaper. Warranty is 1 year, send in for repair or pay yourself for instant repair. The Iphone 4 has Thai language as well in case you need it.

I didn't get one, I like Android better than Apples Operating System, so I think I'm getting the Iphone4 rival Samsung Galaxy S i9000, it also comes with Thai language without hacks needed.

Downstairs at Big C, the Apple corner in the IT shop under the escalators, they had stock yesterday of 16GB and 32GB in sealed boxes. They sell two versions, Apple factory unlock or software unlock which is a few k THB cheaper. Warranty is 1 year, send in for repair or pay yourself for instant repair. The Iphone 4 has Thai language as well in case you need it.

I didn't get one, I like Android better than Apples Operating System, so I think I'm getting the Iphone4 rival Samsung Galaxy S i9000, it also comes with Thai language without hacks needed.

Hi

Any idea what the price is now for iphone 16 and 32GB?

Thx

For the factory unlocked versions, the iPhone4 16GB is 30,900 and the 32GB is 34,500 THB

The Samsung Galaxy S is 22,900 at Central Samsung store (out of stock since yesterday) and 22,898 at Power Buy (had stock yesterday).

i- phone 4 is officially realeased on 24 th sept in thailand and i think the prices will be a lot lower than quoted above...............

g00d girl what is the advantage of android?

Which religion is better Christianity or Judaism ?? ;)

I prefer android as its an open platform, its customizable, hackable, upgradeable.. It runs flash.. It doesnt need awful iTunes install (a virus as far as I am concerned).. I prefer the android ethos over the Apple walled garden approach.

Apples upsides are a better app selection currently (due to longer time in market) and greater 'simplicity' at the expense of control.

I prefer android as its an open platform, its customizable, hackable, upgradeable.. It runs flash.. It doesnt need awful iTunes install (a virus as far as I am concerned).. I prefer the android ethos over the Apple walled garden approach.

Apples upsides are a better app selection currently (due to longer time in market) and greater 'simplicity' at the expense of control.

Hi

I agree with you about Apple, don’t like them to be in control over my stuff, but you don’t really have to look at itunes just plug your phone in and then sync, they have around 250.000 apps now, easy and a lot better than the windows platform for mobile phones

May sound a silly question,but if i was to go out and buy an iphone4,would it be ready to go,or once i've bought it,would i then have to mess around getting it unlocked etc for it to function properly?.

Also,i'm currently on ais 1-2 call,would my current sim card and telephone number be able to be used on the iphone?.

PST.

Hi

I agree with you about Apple, don’t like them to be in control over my stuff, but you don’t really have to look at itunes just plug your phone in and then sync, they have around 250.000 apps now, easy and a lot better than the windows platform for mobile phones

No but its there on your system, infecting it with quickslime.. prompting for updates... and generally being a pain in the arse.

Each to their own of course, I think the phone is great hardware and design, I even understand restricting some functions in order of stability.. But apples control, the locking, the app control, etc etc.. Just hate the whole mindset and wont give them my money to expand it.

May sound a silly question,but if i was to go out and buy an iphone4,would it be ready to go,or once i've bought it,would i then have to mess around getting it unlocked etc for it to function properly?.

Also,i'm currently on ais 1-2 call,would my current sim card and telephone number be able to be used on the iphone?.

PST.

Depends on if you buy a legit one.. If the legit one is sim locked..

Or if you buy grey market, and if that was a grey market unlocked or grey market sim free..

Spend the higher cost to get the fully unlocked legally use anywhere phone IMO.

PST.

Depends on if you buy a legit one.. If the legit one is sim locked..

Or if you buy grey market, and if that was a grey market unlocked or grey market sim free..

Spend the higher cost to get the fully unlocked legally use anywhere phone IMO.

Thanks,so buying from the ishop in Jungceylon,everything would be legit and ready to go?,will my current 1-2 call sim card fit into the iphone?

I prefer the Android operating system because it runs on all different kinds of phones, tablets and devices, I don't have to use Apples hardware.

I don't like the iphone because you can't replace the battery, I can put a new battery into my Samsung Galaxy. The iphone is also much heavier.

I also don't like Apples software like itunes and I don't want to use it, so I have more choices with an Android device.

I like the customization options of Android and that it's open source, I have more control over everything. I like the live home screen widgets and voice to text features.

Android has swype (typing on the soft-keyboard by just swiping your finger over the letters).

Thanks,so buying from the ishop in Jungceylon,everything would be legit and ready to go?,will my current 1-2 call sim card fit into the iphone?

Yes, but do they have the new iphone in that shop? or try Big C downstairs they have for sure, no problem using you AIS sim

Yes, but do they have the new iphone in that shop? or try Big C downstairs they have for sure, no problem using you AIS sim

Apple shop said 2 weeks for the iphone 4,will have a look in big C.The reason i asked about the sim card is that i've been told that the iphone uses a smaller sim card,and that i'd have to go to AIS to change my current sim to a smaller one?.

PST.

I bought mine at Central Phuket - 2nd floor last Saturday, the DTAC and Apple shop had a small table near the escalator. Price was 23,800 baht for 16gb.

Thanks for all the input,just got back from big c,the apple shop there said they would have stock in 2-4 weeks,32gb price 26,000,unlocked,ready to go.

Downstairs in the independents,i was offered a boxed iphone4,USA unlocked??? for 33,500!!,also offered a 16gb unlocked for 32,000 baht!!!1,i asked her if she meant 22,000 as it was 16g,she replied no.

Seems to me they've got a small number downstairs between all the shops,but pricing policys seem to vary dramatically from shop to shop.

Getting on a waiting list from an apple retailer seems to be the way to go.

PST.

Thanks for all the input,just got back from big c,the apple shop there said they would have stock in 2-4 weeks,32gb price 26,000,unlocked,ready to go.

Downstairs in the independents,i was offered a boxed iphone4,USA unlocked??? for 33,500!!,also offered a 16gb unlocked for 32,000 baht!!!1,i asked her if she meant 22,000 as it was 16g,she replied no.

Seems to me they've got a small number downstairs between all the shops,but pricing policys seem to vary dramatically from shop to shop.

Getting on a waiting list from an apple retailer seems to be the way to go.

PST.

WRONG SHOP

The one i bought mine have a sign with prices, and big iphone signs as well, and this is HK unlocked phones. The girl will put the phone on itune so you can see its unlocked. The shop: when you get inside where the key guy has his shop turn right and go to the first electronic shop, its inside they also have some internet cafe, easy to see the big iphone signs

WRONG SHOP

The one i bought mine have a sign with prices, and big iphone signs as well, and this is HK unlocked phones. The girl will put the phone on itune so you can see its unlocked. The shop: when you get inside where the key guy has his shop turn right and go to the first electronic shop, its inside they also have some internet cafe, easy to see the big iphone signs

Didn't see that one,i enquired at about 7 or 8 shops,and the info i gave in my last post was based on what those shops told me.I'm back there again tommorow,so will have a look.

So HK unlocked,USA unlocked etc etc,it dosent really matter,as long as its unlocked?

Also,was the one you bought the same price as the same model in the apple shop?.,i'm presuming you bought it from a non apple retailer because of either it's immediate availability or price?.

Thanks again,pretty new to this stuff.

PST.

DO NOT buy a US model, as soon you get on the net and try to update it will lock, get a HK model in Big C, prices is on the board so they dont try to cheat (not much :lol: )

The 32GB UNLOCKED is,,, well, have a look here

You will have to pay around 29.900 for a unlocked HK 32GB

If you want i can help you to get the right one, going in there myself tomorrow

Edited by HDRIDER

You need to understand the difference between a factory unlock and a jailbroken unlock.

Thanks LOL,all i know is that jailbroken unlock means you can download stuff apple wouldn't let you,applications,websites etc,and factory unlocked means you can use any simcard??.

I'm presuming that you would need to factory unlock your phone before you jailbreak it?

PST.