Western Food And Thai Food

WilliamCave

Was wondering i have a good friend here who does not eat any thai food what so ever. I my self eat about 50% thai food and 50%western food usually breakfast is western and lunch, supper is thai food and other things during the day are thai food.

What would be your percentage western verse thai?

Interesting question. We've been married a long time, so my wife and I like to mix it up (the food!) quite a bit. In Thailand we eat less prepared food (fast food, junk food, heat & eat, etc.) and more basic stuff (vegetables, fruits, grains, etc.). But, I'll take steak over her fish anytime.

I don't really measure it but I feel a little funny if I haven't had something Thai or at least something fusiony that I cook using Thai flavors in a two day period. I also eat a lot of other type foods such as Korean, Indian, etc.

Edited by Jingthing

This will sound neurotic (and probably is) but I have a little voice inside me encouraging me to be sure to eat at least a reasonable amount of Thai food IN Thailand in the event I have to leave Thailand someday, even though I've lived here for years! I also of course love Thai food, but I love most other kinds of good food as well. It just seems a shame to not enjoy a good amount of Thai food in the place where it is going to be the most authentic and also of course the cheapest.

Edited by Jingthing

75% Western food, 5% Thai food, 20% other.

First I liked the Thai-food on my holidays in Krabi, Khao Lak and Phuket. Now living in BKK permanently, I have found, that in most Thai-restaurants, the QUALITY of the meat in the food, is way below my expectations. When I order green curry with beef, I expect to have a nice cut of meat in it, and not something scraped from the head or legs of the cow. Unfortunately many Thai-restaurants does not care about quality and taste at all. Even when you find a place with a delicious Tom Yam Goong, they will soon change it to the worse, in order to cut their costs. Unfortunately many types of foreign food is very expensive in Thailand, so we will probably soon start to cook our own homemade food.

Edited by Xonax

• 1 month later...

:unsure:

Let's see. Breakfast is usually Toast, fruit Jam, and Tea...so I'll call that western food. Lunch is usually Thai food from a street vendor/stall...which my Thai girlfriend makes her sons or daughter go and pick up.

Dinner is often something Thai my girlfriend cooks...she has a gall bladder problem and has to eat low fat meals, so she usually cooks stews with steamed rice, which I also eat for dinner. But sonetimes her children get Pizza or KFC, which I am offered some of.

Then about once a week we may go out to get Chinese food or seafood from a Thai seafood restaurant.

So, bottom line, I'd have to say I come close to even, 50% each of western food and "other".

:blink:

When in country, I prefer Thai food almost 100% of the time. An exception might be if my partner and her daughter want to hit a restaurant while out shopping. They both like MK and the kid likes KFC and pizza. We all like DQ.