Sex And Thailand

uncle paul

I'll be 56 on Friday and my girlfriend is 31. I met her while sitting in a bar. I guess we're not going to be friends, are we Uncle Paul?

You're giving too much head, son -- once a day is enough for most of us recipients. Kindly be a bit more considerate. :o

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 25, my TGF is 31.  One tourist asked, "Are you sure she's not a hooker?"  Um, I never paid for it.  A mamasan at a bar saw I had a GF now and asked me, "How much you pay her?"  Um, nothing.  A barlady asked me, "What bar does she work at?" 

See, the Thais are also assuming.  I don't think anything about it.  I get an ego boost since I am with a woman who is obviously not a prostitute.  I have seen men twice my age jealous since all they can get is current and former BGs.

And if you didn't know, I am African American (I hate the term black).  Thai people are always asking her about my size.

However, I was previously in a bar playboy butterfly phase so I'm not gonna become a hypocrite.

So how big is it; do you wear it as a belt or as a tow-truck cable? :o

i  have a couple of freinds in thailand who are bar girls: as long as they are honest i dont care what their background is as they just want to be loved and treated with respect.  i have been told by one that i am her only real male friend & by that she means i never try to bed her, grope her or be generally dismissive of her background: we are just friends.

blah blah blah

there's a whole lotta f*ckin goin on in LOS and you're not even groping her? :o

Edited by RDN

....I wouldn't call sleeping with old, ugly farangs a fun life style...

I'm not so sure about that JJ. Apparently there are a lot of advantages to old men.

Prostitutes are in it for the money and not for having endless sex marathons and multiple orgas.ms.

Considering this old men ain't that bad because A) they don't have a lot of stamina, :o most of them manage only a half hard erec.tion so less pain for the girl, C) because of A&B they drink a lot and therefore in many cases sex is no longer required and D) old men usually have been around the block a few times and therefore can be quitte interesting to have conversation with which leads to E) that most of the time is spent with the girl in the bar or shopping etc and less time is actually spent on pure sex.

All in all from a prostitutional way of looking at things old men are much easier to deal with than young men for example.

i have a couple of freinds in thailand who are bar girls: as long as they are honest i dont care what their background is as they just want to be loved and treated with respect. i have been told by one that i am her only real male friend & by that she means i never try to bed her, grope her or be generally dismissive of her background: we are just friends.

blah blah blah

there's a whole lotta f*ckin goin on in LOS and you're not even groping her? :D

no harmonica we will not be friends and i sincerely hope that you catch something incurable to go with that incurable moronic :o:D attitude of yours

I think I'm gonna be sick. :o

Great. A bunch of you boys came to LOS with an itch to scratch and money to spend. The result, you "hooked up" with a hooker. Fine, I see no problem with this. However, the way in which many of you speak of your "hooking up" shows you have no respect for the women you hooked up with or any others that might be making money the same way. It's just faceless pussy to you, ain't it.

Now, I am happy you found someone to share your life with, but to assume that everyone else is like you and views all Thai women as prostitutes is childish and rude. Not only to the Thai people, but to those of us on the forum. Not every man here thinks with his junk, fellas.

I will say it again, I have NO problem with people marry hookers, but I would think that if these women that many of you are talking about, mean anyhting to you, you would speak with a little more respect when speaking of them or their people.

I think I'm gonna be sick. :o

Great. A bunch of you boys came to LOS with an itch to scratch and money to spend. The result, you "hooked up" with a hooker. Fine, I see no problem with this. However, the way in which many of you speak of your "hooking up" shows you have no respect for the women you hooked up with or any others that might be making money the same way. It's just faceless pussy to you, ain't it.

Now, I am happy you found someone to share your life with, but to assume that everyone else is like you and views all Thai women as prostitutes is childish and rude. Not only to the Thai people, but to those of us on the forum. Not every man here thinks with his junk, fellas.

I will say it again, I have NO problem with people marry hookers, but I would think that if these women that many of you are talking about, mean anyhting to you, you would speak with a little more respect when speaking of them or their people.

After reading your post, I decided to read this thread again, from the beginning. And this thread has got quite long now.

Thaibebop - I suggest you do the same.

NOWHERE in this thread have I found that the posters view all Thai women as prostitutes.

The general consensus, however is that many people who have never been to Thailand often have this misconception.

Generally speaking , this has been a good thread with people airing their views sensibly. There are of course a few exceptions.

Please read the postings properly before ranting at forum members for no good reason

I think I'm gonna be sick. :D

After reading your post, I decided to read this thread again, from the beginning. And this thread has got quite long now.

Thaibebop - I suggest you do the same.

NOWHERE in this thread have I found that the posters view all Thai women as prostitutes.

The general consensus, however is that many people who have never been to Thailand often have this misconception.

Generally speaking , this has been a good thread with people airing their views sensibly. There are of course a few exceptions.

Please read the postings properly before ranting at forum members for no good reason

I'm glad you saved me the effort of going back! I was just thinking "What is he on about" :o Thought my dementures were coming back :D

Glad he thinks respect should be shown, yet uses the word hookers to show disrespect for those who have married or have bar girl girlfriends :D

A woman who engages in sexual activity promiscuously or (now only) in return for payment. - OED

Looking at this thread it occurs to me that in fact virtually no Thai women are actually prostitutes. It’s certainly not a word I’m happy using.

The problem is that we don't have a word for what they do in English, so we have to use words usually reserved for a much more sleazy form of activity.

e.g. Look at this definition: - Cats have four legs; my dog has four legs therefore my dog is a cat…

OR - Prostitutes sell sex for money; some Thai girls sell sex for money therefore Thai girls are prostitutes…

The word prostitute does not fully define the way that bars etc operate in Thailand – they are as it were a different animal, and we need another word.

The problem is that we don't have a word for what they do in English, so we have to use words usually reserved for a much more sleazy form of activity.

Which is why I am staying out of this thread.

Just add this.

If a girl sells herself once is she a prostitute ?

and how long before the label can be removed

A woman who engages in sexual activity promiscuously or (now only) in return for payment. - OED

Looking at this thread it occurs to me that in fact virtually no Thai women are actually prostitutes. It’s certainly not a word I’m happy using.

e.g. Look at this definition: - Cats have four legs; my dog has four legs therefore my dog is a cat…

OR - Prostitutes sell sex for money; some Thai girls sell sex for money therefore Thai girls are prostitutes…

The word prostitute does not fully define the way that bars etc operate in Thailand – they are as it were a different animal, and we need another word.

I agree! In fact the vast majority of bar girls only expect money for going with someone. I have never come across any western prostitute saying "up to you" if you give money or not. Also not heard of any saying "no thanks, I dont fancy you", have heard this said by bar girls many times.

and may i add that at least 70-80% of the working girls are young mothers with kids taken care of by mom on the farm :D

yes, the thai boys do a runner and all of a sudden the thai's don't want them anymore, with a baby to feed, where do i go, bangkok, pattaya :o

Sorry Wilco you don't make sense to me. :o

Piece I highlighted in yellow would maybe make sense if you said some \thai girls sell sex therefore some Thai girls are prostitutes. But then that wouldn't prallel the dog and cat thing.

You also state that "The word prostitute does not fully define the way that bars etc operate in Thailand – they are as it were a different animal, and we need another word.". I don't think that you should have used the word "Prostitute" in that satetement, but the word "Brothel". Nobody I know uses the word Brothel instead of bar.

In the open-air bars in Pattaya, often the girls are paid between 2000 and 3000 Baht per month. This is not enough money for them to pay rent for their room, eat and send money back home. Yes there are tips, but usually not enough. So why do the girls take the job in the bar? The vast majority of the girls are aware that part of the job is to sell their bodies to the farang customer and get a bar fine for the bar, from which they get a commission.

Prostitutes provide sex in exchange for money, if a bar girl provides sex in exchange for money, that bar girl is a prostitute........That is the truth.

You say that prostitute is a word that you are not happy using. Maybe that is why in Thaiand they are called bargirls.

Again, I must state that I have nothing against prostitutes or prostitution, I believe that they provide a necessary service. I have never understood why prostitution should be against the law as it harms nobody.

I am obviously against anybody being forced into prostitution against their will and horrified at sickos who like children.

If a girl sells herself once is she a prostitute ?

and how long before the label can be removed

If a girl sells sex once, she is a prostitute at that time

If a girl sells sex occasionallyor to supplement her income, she is a part time prostitute.

Once a girl stops selling sex and also intends never to sell sex again, she is an ex-prostitute and the label can be removed.

Unfortunately in this case, many people still consider that person a prostitute.

I agree! In fact the vast majority of bar girls only expect money for going with someone. I have never come across any western prostitute saying "up to you" if you give money or not. Also not heard of any saying "no thanks, I dont fancy you", have heard this said by bar girls many times.

The vast majority only expect money for going with someone - can you please explain "going with someone"

So what you are saying that, because a lot of girls use the "up to you" trick, they are not prostitutes. What sort of response do you get if you give no money and say to the girl " You said it was up to me"?

If, however, when you ask her about giving money or not, she replies "I don't want any money, Do you think I'm a prostitute?", then she is not a prostitute.

I am unable to comment on Western prostitutes as I have no knowledge. But "No thanks- I don't fancy you" just indicates a selective or fussy prostitute

Sorry Wilco you don't make sense to me. :o

Piece I highlighted in yellow would maybe make sense if you said some \thai girls sell sex therefore some Thai girls are prostitutes. But then that wouldn't prallel the dog and cat thing.

You also state that "The word prostitute does not fully define the way that bars etc operate in Thailand – they are as it were a different animal, and we need another word.". I don't think that you should have used the word "Prostitute" in that satetement, but the word "Brothel". Nobody I know uses the word Brothel instead of bar.

Prostitutes provide sex in exchange for money, if a bar girl provides sex in exchange for money, that bar girl is a prostitute........That is the truth.

You say that prostitute is a word that you are not happy using. Maybe that is why in Thaiand they are called bargirls.

I’m sorry you can’t understand my point

Actually - I accidently missed out the second “some” but didn't think it would prevent people from getting my gist…

Actually - I accidently missed out the second “some” but didn't think it would prevent people from getting my gist…

But the statement "a girl who sells sex is a prostitute, some Thai girls sell sex, therefore some Thai girls are prostitutes"

Makes absolute sense.

Some Thai girls are prostitutes

But contradicts the point you seem to be trying to make. Your gist appears to be that the Thai girls who sell sex shouldn't be called prostitutes

But the statement "a girl who sells sex is a prostitute, some Thai girls sell sex, therefore some Thai girls are prostitutes"

Makes absolute sense.

Some Thai girls are prostitutes

But contradicts the point you seem to be trying to make. Your gist appears to be that the Thai girls who sell sex shouldn't be called prostitutes

OK - try replacing "some" with "any" I'm trying to illustrate the semantics with an excercise in errant logic here!

to put it another way - if you kill someone are you a murderer?

Edited by wilko

OK - try replacing "some" with "any" I'm trying to illustrate the semantics with an excercise in errant logic here!

Prostitutes sell sex for money; some Thai girls sell sex for money therefore ANY Thai girls are prostitutes…

Prostitutes sell sex for money; ANY Thai girls sell sex for money therefore ANY Thai girls are prostitutes…

Prostitutes sell sex for money; ANY Thai girls sell sex for money therefore some Thai girls are prostitutes…

Tried replacing some with any, but I'm afraid it makes even less sense now

Prostitutes sell sex for money; some Thai girls sell sex for money therefore ANY Thai girls are prostitutes…

Prostitutes sell sex for money; ANY Thai girls sell sex for money therefore ANY Thai girls are prostitutes…

Prostitutes sell sex for money; ANY Thai girls sell sex for money therefore some Thai girls are prostitutes…

Tried replacing some with any, but I'm afraid it makes even less sense now

Ok I thought you'd be able to make the appropriate agreements - try "many"

Prostitutes sell sex for money; MANY Thai girls sell sex for money therefore MANY Thai girls are prostitutes…

Yes, makes perfect sense.......................

So you agree, Many Thai girls are prostitutes

###### my Thai girlfriend is the most expensive porstitie I have ever been with. And she isn't even a "prostitute".....

We are all prostitute in some form or another.....Who cares? You guys should examine the economic factores that drives these poor people into that situation. And not that it is bad either. Of course women should have the choice whether or not they want to sell themselves for sex. And the Choice shouldn't be eiither starve in Issan or Sell yourself...

And the choice sholdn't be a low pay job in some office where you make 5,000 baht a month.....I know office girls that work for 5,000 baht a month and have to pay 2,000 rent. Not including utiities..

YOU CALL THAT CHOICE? Thailand is a slaufhter House for Thai peoiple..

How many families in Thailand control the wealth.....Bet you can count them on one hand, if you ccan take that hand off of a bar girls hip for a second......(Wait that is me!!)

As BOB DYLAN ONCE SAID....."TIMES ARE A PROSTITUTING'!!!!!!"

The vast majority only expect money for going with someone - can you please explain "going with someone"

So what you are saying that, because a lot of girls use the "up to you" trick, they are not prostitutes. What sort of response do you get if you give no money and say to the girl " You said it was up to me"?

If, however, when you ask her about giving money or not, she replies "I don't want any money, Do you think I'm a prostitute?", then she is not a prostitute.

I am unable to comment on Western prostitutes as I have no knowledge. But "No thanks- I don't fancy you" just indicates a selective or fussy prostitute

"going with someone" means being bar fined. The sex is not compulsory and in fact know of many cases where the guy has been dissappointed.

No response from most bar girls if you don't give money. just a huge look of sadness and the question "wasn't I any good".

Never met a selective or fussy pro. :o Only selective about how much money you will pay.

Prostitutes sell sex for money; MANY Thai girls sell sex for money therefore MANY Thai girls are prostitutes…

Yes, makes perfect sense.......................

So you agree, Many Thai girls are prostitutes

only if my dog's a cat...

Som Tam,

you obviously feel strongly about your thoughts on this matter.

Maybe a good idea to start a new thread?

Do people really starve in Isaan?

Most families are fairly self sufficient, that's why they like bok bok so much, and the barter system works quite well in poorer families so I've never seen anyone starving. Have seen people sweating their kais off for 100 baht a day however.

People are living in tin shacks all over the place in Thailand.....Once read this interesting story back from the 1970's after Cambodia had been liberated by the Khymer Rouge...Or taken over...Depends on which side you are on..

Anyway they had these humanitarian agencies going into Camboida to see about nutrition content and diet of the people. They found that the people on the Thai side were just as bad as the people in Cambodia.. And thiland had never been bombed to ###### by America......Nor was there a civil war....But still people were malnurished in Thailand.....

Why are most of the "prostitutes" from Issan? Or why do they speak a dialect of Khymer?

And can I still get freebees?? Used to all the time back in the day. But now I am getting old. Don't think the girls will go for free with me anymore....Dammm it!!!