Friendship Bridge

If I get a non immigrant 0 and have to leave the country every 3 months is checking out at friendship bridge then turning straight round and coming back in again enough?

Or do i have to pay the 2000baht or so and enter Lao for twenty four hours before returning?

Lao is a lovely place but I've been there so many times now and you cant say the capital is cheap these days.

A few years back, I gave it a try. Gave the Thai immo people a good laugh when they asked what country I'd been in and I said, "Limbo."

Didn't work then, won't work now. You've gotta cross over and get the in/out stamp from another country.

A few years back, I gave it a try. Gave the Thai immo people a good laugh when they asked what country I'd been in and I said, "Limbo."

Didn't work then, won't work now. You've gotta cross over and get the in/out stamp from another country.

Thats what i needed some one who gave it a go but to no avail, even though the word Limbo and Lao are similar.

Ok well Thats another bright idea down the tube, How much cheaper is it to do it in Cambodia?

Cambodia visa is 1000 bht but the immigration officials usually ask 100 bht extra and then 300 bht for the exit and entry stamps although it easy to get them down to just 100 bht.

Cambodia visa is $20. You can get American money at banks in Cambodia, but it might be harder to do in Thailand. I think it might be possible now though.

At poipet the officer asked me for an extra 100 baht saying it was for the "express visa" service. But I refused saying I did not request or want express service. He did not press the point. At Koh Kong the cambodians are requiring 20 baht more for the "health screening" but at poipet they do not do this.

I was never asked for any "exit and entry" stamps. this is a scam and you should refuse this and ask for the officer's name and say you will take it up with officials in the capitol.

that means a one month tourist visa from thailand to cambodia at poipet is $20. period.