Emoticons

tigerfish

been thinking the last few days of how useful it would be to have a few new emoticons. may not actually be possible, but ive found that after having read a fair few pages, some posters are in urgent need of some assistance when trying to get their point across to some, shall we say thick skinned other members. whistling.gif

so anyway even if its just for fun i thought that maybe a hitting your head against a brick wall emoticon might be a good one for starters or talking to a brick wall. and in another thread someone mentioned, talk to the hand.

may not actually be possible, but ive found that after having read a fair few pages, some posters are in urgent need of some assistance when trying to get their point across to some, shall we say thick skinned other members

Are you telling me there could be an emoticon to be used in place of pointing out the level of ridiculousness in statements like "a BMW is not more expensive here in LOS compared to UK, because I employ a bilingu...triling...multilingual gardener"...?

Mindboggling.

may not actually be possible, but ive found that after having read a fair few pages, some posters are in urgent need of some assistance when trying to get their point across to some, shall we say thick skinned other members

Are you telling me there could be an emoticon to be used in place of pointing out the level of ridiculousness in statements like "a BMW is not more expensive here in LOS compared to UK, because I employ a bilingu...triling...multilingual gardener"...?

Mindboggling.

He really got you didn't he?

When was that anyway? 4/5 months ago and you can't make a post without that gardener popping up.

I think he wins!

Side note: since the forum upgrade, it's like an Easter egg hunt to find the emoticons to add to a post! so no "happy face" to add...

With the correct emoticon you can convey that you are only teasing a friend rather than making a snide comment. Inside jokes between good friends can appear to be harsh to those outside the inner circle. I've seen many rows start between people on forums that would never happen in person because of body language.

Of course, you could always write 2 or 3 more paragraphs rather than using a simple emoticon.

Yeah !!! good idea but if you use to many they put a block on it. :annoyed:

The people you refer to I do not think they are necessarily thick skinned :closedeyes:

there are some that like pouring out abuse behind the safety of the keyboard

and have fun doing it by " typeword " rather than :- :fight:

Really I sometimes wonder what is the point of some of the posts other than to annoy. :rolleyes:

Some people on here just like good wind up I guess. :whistling:

With the correct emoticon you can convey that you are only teasing a friend rather than making a snide comment. Inside jokes between good friends can appear to be harsh to those outside the inner circle. I've seen many rows start between people on forums that would never happen in person because of body language.

Of course, you could always write 2 or 3 more paragraphs rather than using a simple emoticon.

I'm with Ian on this one. Say it with words...

SC

• Like 1

SC

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.

Some have all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.

Edited by IanForbes
  • Like 1

SC

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.

Some have all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.

What kind words; I'm sure I will wish I'd remembered them.

A well-worded compliment is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick

SC

...This second one would be especially useful for some folk here...

prophet.gif

That seems unusually personal, harsh and spiteful, and quite unwarranted in my opinion. I am sure it was meant in jest, Ian

SC

Some emoticons need their own emoticons, for further clarification.

I suppose the kids wouldn't find Shakespeare so hard if he had used emoticons. That way they wouldn't have to think so much. Thinking is overrated anyway :

Why, I can smile :) and murder whiles I smile :shock1:

And cry 'Content' to that which grieves my heart :(

And wet my cheeks with artificial tears :(

And frame my face to all occasions :wub::angry::P

I'll drown more sailors than the mermaid shall :o

I'll slay more gazers than the basilisk :(

I'll play the orator as well as Nestor

Deceive more slyly than Ulysses could ;)

...emoticon limit reached

3 Henry VI

Where's the eroticon menu anyway?

SC

I once went to a soapy in Pattaya that had a menu like at a restaurant, with pictures. One of the offerings, tastefully presented in pictures, was a threesome—the right kind, with two gals. I asked if they'd sell me the menu, because there were some awesome eroticons in there. Alas, they wouldn't. So I'm sorry, I can't help you.

SC

I once went to a soapy in Pattaya that had a menu like at a restaurant, with pictures. One of the offerings, tastefully presented in pictures, was a threesome—the right kind, with two gals. I asked if they'd sell me the menu, because there were some awesome eroticons in there. Alas, they wouldn't. So I'm sorry, I can't help you.

I could probably provide the photos if you want make up the menu. :lol:

SC

I could probably provide the photos if you want make up the menu. :lol:

Hmm, a project worthy of my intellect. Lemme check my schedule...