Jump to content



Recommended Posts

Hi, can you help me with a line i'm reading from a book please.


The word i'm not sure about is เขม็ง. On looking it up i get gaze, stare or tightly twisted. It seems to being used as an adverb for จ้อง which already means to stare. So what about...

Grover stared at my face intently and said

Any help please

Link to post
Share on other sites

DS has the two together as a compound word:

จ้องเขม็ง - to fix with one's eyes, to study, to glare at

So I'd say your interpretation looks pretty good. Perhaps a less literal translation might be:

"Grover looked me straight in the eye and said..."

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...