Jimmy Page Of Led Zeppelin Visits Pattaya.

flyingfox

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jimmy's hanging around Pattaya, living off past glories and selling copies of his 20,000 Baht per copy photo autobiography.

Meanwhile Robert Plant is making new music and getting rave reviews. Be nice if Jimmy did something creative once in a while.

Hats off to him. Why should an OAP need to clamour for more fame and recognition when he can instead chill out in Pattaya relatively anonymously (until the OP outed him) and reap the physical rewards of his success?

Who gives a shit,

really??

just a man.....that needs to sit down to take a sh1t like the rest of us.....never been impressed by notoriety.......so what

I couldn't agree more but...

Never speak that way about JP, he does not do those things.

He was in Blues Factory once again tonight playing for near 2 hours (possibly part of the winter line up) and didn't sh1t, not even once.

According to the Sunday Times Rich List, his assets total up to 75 million quid; hardly needs to push the sales of a book, especially in a place like Pattaya, where most expats don't look like the reading type.And in a recent interview he was getting involved in music whenever he felt like it, despite being in great demand - oh, and he lives in West Sussex.

Elwood

What proof is the photo that Mr. Page was/is in Pattaya?

This photo was taken at Jameson's.

And photo-shopped?

According to the Sunday Times Rich List, his assets total up to 75 million quid; hardly needs to push the sales of a book, especially in a place like Pattaya, where most expats don't look like the reading type.And in a recent interview he was getting involved in music whenever he felt like it, despite being in great demand - oh, and he lives in West Sussex.

Elwood

What proof is the photo that Mr. Page was/is in Pattaya?

This photo was taken at Jameson's.

And photo-shopped?

The photo was taken on Saturday night at the Jesters Care4Kids Party night at Jamesons. If you look at the top of the page, under Jesters Care4Kids you will see the photos there. BTW I took those photos and I sure as he_ll had no need to photoshop them

Jimmy Page doesnt live here and I have a feeling that flyinfox is mixing Jimmy Page and Len Tuckey up - Len does stay for longer periods and plays at the Blues Factory and Leo Blues Bar

This is Len:

post-55814-098371800 1285216084_thumb.jp

hey look, it's Jimmy Page! quick, grab that Who poster we have!!

5555 that's pretty funny...let us know when Pete and Roger are in town :)

The Who posters, signed by Roger Daltrey, was one of the auction items at Jesters Care4Kids party Night which went for Baht 35,000 for the two of them. Jimmy also offered to sign the poster if the bidder so wished., which he did. Jimmy also signed a Jesters T-shirt which went for Baht15,000 and of course his DVD "It Might get Loud" with The Edge and Jack White which went for Baht 15,000. This was only part of 54 items auctioned on the night and I am certain that with Jimmy Page being there and personally signing autographs made the night better for the Care4Kids - remember this all was for Charity.

• Like 1

hey look, it's Jimmy Page! quick, grab that Who poster we have!!

5555 that's pretty funny...let us know when Pete and Roger are in town :)

The Who posters, signed by Roger Daltrey, was one of the auction items at Jesters Care4Kids party Night which went for Baht 35,000 for the two of them. Jimmy also offered to sign the poster if the bidder so wished., which he did. Jimmy also signed a Jesters T-shirt which went for Baht15,000 and of course his DVD "It Might get Loud" with The Edge and Jack White which went for Baht 15,000. This was only part of 54 items auctioned on the night and I am certain that with Jimmy Page being there and personally signing autographs made the night better for the Care4Kids - remember this all was for Charity.

Agree with you Aussie chick, I have never meet him but several of my friends have and say he is a really nice guy. I think he likes to come here because he likes the atmosphere and he can blend in with all the old people in town! I am not sure if he plays in the blues factory everynight as somebody would of mentioned it before but maybe I am wrong.

I saw him in Bangkok last night, walking into Silom Soi 4.

Some one yelled out JIMMY and he turned around and dished them up a right expletive laden serve.

Had my Les Paul on me and wanted to go after him and ask him to sign it but decided against it given that he obviously wanted his privacy.......

Who gives a shit,

really??

just a man.....that needs to sit down to take a sh1t like the rest of us.....never been impressed by notoriety.......so what

First, let me say to a later poster, JP is wealthy and lives in a mansion, etc. He does not need $$$$$

Second, to Rizla, I too am not impressed by "notoriety." I am, however, impressed with genuine accomplishment.

I think we can agree, like him or not, JP accomplished things 99.9% of guitarists will never accomplish.

JP is one of the greatest guitarists of all time.

JP was INNOVATIVE. It was amazing to see him do (in the 70s) things nobody had ever done before.

JP was also a skilled songwriter. I believe he wrote almost all of the timeless song, Stairway to Heaven.

Yes, he has notoriety. But he earned it!

I think people should respect what he did, notoriety or not.

• Like 2

Who gives a shit,

really??

First, let me say to a later poster, JP is wealthy and lives in a mansion, etc. He does not need $$$$$

Second, to Rizla, I too am not impressed by "notoriety." I am, however, impressed with genuine accomplishment.

I think we can agree, like him or not, JP accomplished things 99.9% of guitarists will never accomplish.

JP is one of the greatest guitarists of all time.

JP was INNOVATIVE. It was amazing to see him do (in the 70s) things nobody had ever done before.

JP was also a skilled songwriter. I believe he wrote almost all of the timeless song, Stairway to Heaven.

Yes, he has notoriety. But he earned it!

I think people should respect what he did, notoriety or not.

Agreed.:)

Regarding Blues Factory Lam Morrison told me that JP came into the bar on Wednesday to see him play, unfortunately Lam was not in and came back to work last night. Whether this is true or not I don't know but I for one would be honoured if Jimmy Page came into the Blues Factory to watch my bands.

:)