Jimmy Page Of Led Zeppelin Visits Pattaya.

flyingfox

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed.:)

Regarding Blues Factory Lam Morrison told me that JP came into the bar on Wednesday to see him play, unfortunately Lam was not in and came back to work last night. Whether this is true or not I don't know but I for one would be honoured if Jimmy Page came into the Blues Factory to watch my bands.

:)

You trying to Compare Lam Morrison with Jimmy Page ? huh.gif

I saw lam at your club a few years ago, he was lazy and looked totally bored, I only went there once as I was sitting there a girl came up and offered shooters, I'd already bought many drinks, I took 2 for me and my gf without thinking about it, I thought it was a nice touch for good customers, , then I got the extortionate bill, of course no mention of this when it looks like shes giving shooters around to customers for free, no mention of paying when shes walking round with a tray of glasses and a bottle, total rip off.

I paid, left the drinks and never went back, even the Thai guys that work the Hong Nam said it was wrong, ruined my night.

Edited by sillyman99

Update 9/26:

JP has come back to Pattaya! It seems he is temporarily residing at Nova Park on Soi AR as he's friends with the owner.

He played for 90 minutes at Blues Factory last night with Lam Morrison and took requests from the small audience throughout. I personally requested "Black Dog" and "Heartbreaker" which were amazingly played. Those solos blew my mind...

Around 10am this morning, I'm going to meet him at Jameson's on soi AR for breakfast. Come join us and then back to Blues Factory tonight for his last show.

post-105547-037614200 1285459872_thumb.j

Edited by flyingfox

I saw lam at your club a few years ago, he was lazy and looked totally bored, I only went there once as I was sitting there a girl came up and offered shooters, I'd already bought many drinks, I took 2 for me and my gf without thinking about it, I thought it was a nice touch for good customers, , then I got the extortionate bill, of course no mention of this when it looks like shes giving shooters around to customers for free, no mention of paying when shes walking round with a tray of glasses and a bottle, total rip off.

I paid, left the drinks and never went back, even the Thai guys that work the Hong Nam said it was wrong, ruined my night.

you know it's going to be a rant when they start with "I only went there once..."

oh dear, you really are a silly man if you thought the shooters were comped in any bar. they only do that in Vegas.

off you go and chase some balloons now.

JP is one of the greatest guitarists of all time.

that's true, John Petrucci is the greatest guitarist of all time, Page isn't bad either

you all got it wrong....the greatest ever is Keith Richards. Any arguing and I close this thread. :P

that's true, John Petrucci is the greatest guitarist of all time, Page isn't bad either

you all got it wrong....the greatest ever is Keith Richards. Any arguing and I close this thread. :P

Sorry it is Clapton - didn't like this thread anyway. (Both clapton and Page played with the Yardbirds.)

I can't believe some of the comments on this thread! This man has seen it all and done it all, formed one of the biggest bands in history, wrote many hits as a session player, scored movies, was involved in the occult etc etc........and after it all, he dedicates his time to charity events, not only in Thailand. For a man of his stature and past accomplishments, to remain so humble and approachable, is a truly redeeming quality. I admit, he is one of my all time favourite guitar heroes and the reason I started playing as a kid....but with a small exception to the rule, meeting your idols is mostly always a disappointment and Mr' Page would be that exception!

• Like 1

Update 9/26:

JP has come back to Pattaya! It seems he is temporarily residing at Nova Park on Soi AR as he's friends with the owner.

He played for 90 minutes at Blues Factory last night with Lam Morrison and took requests from the small audience throughout. I personally requested "Black Dog" and "Heartbreaker" which were amazingly played. Those solos blew my mind...

Around 10am this morning, I'm going to meet him at Jameson's on soi AR for breakfast. Come join us and then back to Blues Factory tonight for his last show.

Video? Somebody needs to put it on video/youtube (w/ JP's permission, of course).

Agreed.:)

Regarding Blues Factory Lam Morrison told me that JP came into the bar on Wednesday to see him play, unfortunately Lam was not in and came back to work last night. Whether this is true or not I don't know but I for one would be honoured if Jimmy Page came into the Blues Factory to watch my bands.

uI saw lam at your club a few years ago, he was lazy and looked totally bored, I only went there once as I was sitting there a girl came up and offered shooters, I'd already bought many drinks, I took 2 for me and my gf without thinking about it, I thought it was a nice touch for good customers, , then I got the extortionate bill, of course no mention of this when it looks like shes giving shooters around to customers for free, no mention of paying when shes walking round with a tray of glasses and a bottle, total rip off.

How would I be comparing him? If you read my post you'd see that I said that Lam told me that he came in and I said I hadn't seen him or met him.

Regarding the rest of your post yes Lam went through a bad spell in the bar shortly before he left for 18 months to open his own club, that was almost 3 years ago, now he is back and fit and healthy. secondly the blues factory has never had a girl going round with a tray giving shots out, about 5 or 6 years ago there was a tequila girl that sold shots directly for herself so if you bought shots off of her you would have paid her directly with no bills or check bins.

Are you sure it was blues factory as I also don't have thai guys working in the toilet, I have one guy who doesn't come out of the toilet or speak english so he wouldn't of even known about it.

<_<

Update 9/26:

Stop playing silly buggers FF, you know he's not been playing at my place.

See you all at Blues Factory tonight! The Jimmy Page show should be a cracker!

I've asked you nicely, play nice please.

the next one claiming that Jimmy Page (or Clapton or whoever else for that matter) is playing somewhere where they do not play, will have three days time to contemplate about that rule with the false statement bit. Hope I was clear. B)

• Like 1

Ok, hang on a minute. Let me try to get my head around these posts.

1. We have a photo of an OAP who I presume is this guy Jimmy Page?

2. The photo, allegedly taken in the Blues Fctory, is claimed to have actually been taken in another bar.

3. Other posters claim to have met JP in Pattaya and believe he lives here.

4. It seems the owner(?) of Blues Factory is saying this bloke doesn't play in his bar but might have visited it once, if his guitarist is to be believed. Which doesn't sound like something I'd bet my grandmother on.

2. Yet we have another poster contantly banging on about the fact that JP does play in this bar, which I presume, if he doesn't, means this poster either is:

(i) a promoter of the bar and this is all a very clever marketing ploy or

(11) vindictive in some way towards the bar (athough how boosting numbers in someone you don't like's bar is vindictive is beyond me).

So I am a bit confused about this thread.

• Like 1

Ok, hang on a minute. Let me try to get my head around these posts.

1. We have a photo of an OAP who I presume is this guy Jimmy Page?

2. The photo, allegedly taken in the Blues Fctory, is claimed to have actually been taken in another bar.

3. Other posters claim to have met JP in Pattaya and believe he lives here.

4. It seems the owner(?) of Blues Factory is saying this bloke doesn't play in his bar but might have visited it once, if his guitarist is to be believed. Which doesn't sound like something I'd bet my grandmother on.

2. Yet we have another poster contantly banging on about the fact that JP does play in this bar, which I presume, if he doesn't, means this poster either is:

(i) a promoter of the bar and this is all a very clever marketing ploy or

(11) vindictive in some way towards the bar (athough how boosting numbers in someone you don't like's bar is vindictive is beyond me).

So I am a bit confused about this thread.

I don't believe its vindictive maybe a bit of a wind up.

As the owner of blues factory I can also confirm that there is no marketing ploy that's why I've asked it to stop, if vindictive then i will deal with it.

mental !!! i was driving along in my scooter and i saw JP eating a bowl of Khao Pat Moo in 2nd road so i stopped up and invited him back to my gaff for a jam.... i can't play the g-tar for shit but he was happy to jam with me until we went downtown later on a all night bender... sound bloke B)

There's a lot of confusion and obfuscation in this thread, some of it may be harmless fun but some may have ulterior motives and I certainly wouldn't want to be the one being accused of lying so William, I have to ask you, are you really, really sure it was Khao Pat Moo?

mental !!! i was driving along in my scooter and i saw JP eating a bowl of Khao Pat Moo in 2nd road so i stopped up and invited him back to my gaff for a jam.... i can't play the g-tar for shit but he was happy to jam with me until we went downtown later on a all night bender... sound bloke B)

There's a lot of confusion and obfuscation in this thread, some of it may be harmless fun but some may have ulterior motives and I certainly wouldn't want to be the one being accused of lying so William, I have to ask you, are you really, really sure it was Khao Pat Moo?

Classic.

Unfortunately I could not share your enjoyment of this thoroughly misleading and mischievous post.

Being a lover of all kinds of marmalades, jams, fruit jellies and conserves, when I read this poster had "... invited him back to my gaff for a jam".... I got very excited, only to be greatly disappointed to find he did not mean any kind of sweetened comestible, but instead was referring to some kind of loud racket made with electric guitars. :realangry:

• Like 1

Jimi Hendrix.

Jimi Hendrix.

Agreed. As for the still living greatest, it's Steve Vai... with the over-looked caveat that awohalitsiktoli used "one of" which would include the previously mentioned Page, Clapton, Richards, and Trower, among others. Someone did mention Trower, didn't they?

Edited by Buchholz

Agreed. As for the still living greatest, it's Steve Vai... with the over-looked caveat that awohalitsiktoli used "one of" which would include the previously mentioned Page, Clapton, Richards, and Trower, among others. Someone did mention Trower, didn't they?

My view is that Stevie Ray Vaughan must be listed as the second best to Hendrix. In fact, they may be in a tie for best of all time.

Buddy Guy is clearly the best guitarist living today (and I am sure Keith Richards would agree along with Eric Clapton and maybe JP too).

My view is that Stevie Ray Vaughan must be listed as the second best to Hendrix. In fact, they may be in a tie for best of all time.

Buddy Guy is clearly the best guitarist living today (and I am sure Keith Richards would agree along with Eric Clapton and maybe JP too).

The Great Gonzo, The Moter City Madman, Ted Nugent