Booking,The Transorient Express,From Bk To Penang,How Long In Advance,And How Much Does It Coasts?

Sandman77

Hello!

this year ,i want to extend the visa,after its finish,with a journey,from bk main trainstation,to penang island in malaysia,a local told me,there is also a local train for aproxiemntly 2000 bath,but since i have seen alot of reports in the travel channel about the luxury transorient express,i think,want time in my life,i want to go by this train,to enjoy,and see the beautiful landscape!

the only problem,no one,also the people i met during my last journey,and travel operators here in europe,can give me more detailed information,how much this train coasts,where i have to book,how many times a week it will positble to take this train,does it run every day?

is it slower then the "normal"train?

one time i make a journey 2 year ago,from bk to surathani,then the train crashes with a cow,and we have to weight 4.5 hours in hua hin,until a bus pick us up!

so i hope the journey with transorient express ,whould be with not so much problems,we will see!

good night from europe,and good morning thailand!

thanks for your help!!

the orient express goes Chiangmai/Bangkok/Singapore You can book the whole trip or just Bangkok/Singapore cost around $2,000 - $4000 stops overnight at some places and includes every thing.

If you just want to go Penang there is a very good express train overnight- First class is a

about Bt3000 for two persons. Very comfortable and private compartment.but same price for one person But best way is to get off at Haadyai and take minibus to Penang. Because train stops many times on way and does not actually go to Penang and you would have to get off at Butterworth and take a taxi to Penang

the orient express goes Chiangmai/Bangkok/Singapore You can book the whole trip or just Bangkok/Singapore cost around $2,000 - $4000 stops overnight at some places and includes every thing.

If you just want to go Penang there is a very good express train overnight- First class is a

about Bt3000 for two persons. Very comfortable and private compartment.but same price for one person But best way is to get off at Haadyai and take minibus to Penang. Because train stops many times on way and does not actually go to Penang and you would have to get off at Butterworth and take a taxi to Penang

:whistling:

Think that $ 2-4000 seems a little expensive ?

Think that $ 2-4000 seems a little expensive ?

Nah, that's about what it is, but then again it is a fantastic train. Certainly one of the trips I'd love to do at some point.

the orient express goes Chiangmai/Bangkok/Singapore  You can book the whole trip or just Bangkok/Singapore cost around $2,000 - $4000 stops overnight at some places and includes every thing.

Think that  $ 2-4000 seems a little expensive ?

Nah, that's about what it is, but then again it is a fantastic train. Certainly one of the trips I'd love to do at some point.

Yes...a little expensive, but worth every cent of the price.  It is a "once in a lifetime" experience.  Took it a few years back to celebrate an anniversary... Singapore to Bangkok.  As a special, had two nights at the Oriental of Singapore and two nights at the Oriental in Bangkok included in the fare!  Fantastic!  If you have something "special" to celebrate with someone special...it's a good choice!