Scandalous Royal Thai Police Sexual Harassment Case

Rimmer

I wonder how many girls he helped to get them promoted. Maybe the one who is embracing him in one of the pictures is one of those. They obviously would not want to speak out about this.

I'd bet police girls would be fighting with each other to get their hands on young, handsome and unmarried (or maybe even married) male police officers who are in positions of power in the force; it may even be the main reason for girls to join the police force.

The Thai caption says "Pol Tamruat Eak Wichien Pojposri" (my transcription), or "Commissioner-General Wichean Potephosree" as spelled in the article. I am not sure why you caption his picture with the name of the accused: "Major-General Phetlook Sienggong", kindly explain. The pictured commissioner didn't do anything wrong.

I think it was assumed that the guy in that picture was the culprit because it would be widely understandable if girls did not want to engage in sexual activity with a guy with that kind of face.

Pi Sek wrote: "Having recently moved to Phuket, I had to laugh at the recent 2-page article in the Phuket Post that stated that corruption is 'impossible' by the Patong police department".

You should ask them what one of their own, in plain clothes, is doing when he visits the bars to pick up money on a monthly basis. The money is handed over and he writes next to the name of the bar showing payment made...........have seen it happen.

So much police corruption in Patong, it is unbelievable and it is getting worse.

I think police training starts with the practice of the familiar position 'hand out with intimidation'. This man just added groping to his moves over the years. I would expect no less from various individuals, with the record and reputation of the BIB. The office that the offense took place in looks like it may have been furnished with a little hanky panky in mind.

The Thai caption says "Pol Tamruat Eak Wichien Pojposri" (my transcription), or "Commissioner-General Wichean Potephosree" as spelled in the article. I am not sure why you caption his picture with the name of the accused: "Major-General Phetlook Sienggong", kindly explain. The pictured commissioner didn't do anything wrong.

I think it was assumed that the guy in that picture was the culprit because it would be widely understandable if girls did not want to engage in sexual activity with a guy with that kind of face.

While your remark is meant to be funny, you are making fun of an innocent person. I request more respect for individuals, such a lassez-fair attitude of members putting innocent people into the wrong light should not be condoned by the moderators. To be honest, I am disgusted by your attitude.

Thai authorities looking to minimise the damaging effects such a case has on the Royal Thai Police in its entirety.

Here's a list of new guidelines set out by the police to ensure their reputation isn't tarnished.

1) Police officers committing cold blooded murder may only do it once and face no charges. Twice and the situation will be looked into. A little.

2) Refusal to pay a bill in a restaurant/bar/etc is not permitted. A token gesture must be offered. As a rule of thumb 10% of the total bill should suffice. Note this does not apply to western pub owners where no payment should be made whatsoever because the aforementioned pub owner can brag to anybody he knows that he is " friends with the police "

3) Shooting of guns into the air outside your house whilst drunk and after an argument with your spouse will only be permitted between the hours of 1 and 2 am on Thursdays.

4) Any officer found to have blown his entire salary on playing cards before the 2nd day of the month after payday will be forced to be on traffic duty outside the local Anuban school for a week. Those losing their salary after this date will face no penalty.

5) The minimum age for a police officers " gik " shall be raised from 15 to 16 years old.

6) Wearing of motorcycle helmets shall be mandatory for all police officers. Securing the chin strap shall still remain optional.

7) Any shop/business/food stall/restaurant owned by a police officer or his immediate family operating completely illegally and in contravention of all local municipal rules and regulations must first be approved by the police general of that region. Usual fees apply.

8) Police officers on duty in traffic boxes will face stringent new regulations regarding time and motion. These are as follows:

1) Sleeping on duty. 10 minutes per 1 hour.

2) Reading the newspaper. 10 minutes per 1 hour.

3) Completely ignoring a traffic accident with injuries. 10 minutes per 1 hour

4) Talking to a sexy girl. 5 minutes per hour.

5) Not actually being in the police box but sitting at the local mom and pop coffee shop behind the aforementioned police box drinking iced tea. 15 minutes per 2 hours.

The usual rules for paying no attention whatsoever to a myriad of traffic violations because you're talking on your mobile telephone still apply.

9) When a dignitary ( or a convoy of Toyota Commuters with government low level drones inside ) is approaching traffic officers must reduce the waiting time for vehicles stopped to allow them to pass from 20 to 10 minutes.

10) " Freebies " should only be accepted from women with no legal immigration status in Thailand. Thai nationals should not be procured.

LET'S BE CAREFUL OUT THERE. WE'VE GOT AN IMAGE TO UPHOLD.

Took the words right out of my mouth. However, your list is incomplete.

The newest guideline was just added:

11) If you are a police in Pai, you can have your gun in hand at all hours and shoot at foreigners freely. Then go home and beat your wife to death.

• Like 1

While your remark is meant to be funny, you are making fun of an innocent person. I request more respect for individuals, such a lassez-fair attitude of members putting innocent people into the wrong light should not be condoned by the moderators. To be honest, I am disgusted by your attitude.

I apologize for offending you. Go and complain to the Pattaya Daily News for putting your photo up like that without a caption.

I apologize for offending you. Go and complain to the Pattaya Daily News for putting your photo up like that without a caption.

Thanks for the apology.

BTW actually there was a caption, so the source is not to blame. Even if there hadn't been, one shouldn't assume who the picture shows and just add a wrong caption. But let's close this now.

Just wondering, are members of the Police Force civil servants ?

If so they're lucky only end of last month the government started 'considering' sex harassment regulations for civil servants ( ).

This new law will eventually pass the due process and be adopted. In the mean time we're scot-free then, aren't we?

Signed, M.C.P.

Scandalous Royal Thai Police Sexual Harassment Case

A high-ranking officer in the Royal Thai Police has been accused of multiple counts of sexual abuse and misconduct on Wednesday. The accusations stem from revelations unveiled in the Thai media that he had intimate sexual relations with numerous female officers against their will.

Thailand, the 22nd of September 2010: Following revelations and video footage of the officer's misconduct and suspected sexual abuse of co-workers and subordinates, a full internal investigation has been launched by Thai authorities looking to minimise the damaging effects such a case has on the Royal Thai Police in its entirety.

I am all in favor of the investigation, but it`s the full internal part that concerns me. How deep are they prepared to go with this?

Edited by Beetlejuice