Bkk To Hua Hin

DeDanan

Hi All,

What is the best way to get to Hua Hin from BKK, if by Taxi what should I expect to pay?

Thanking you,

DeDanan

Ps: any hotel recommendations?

Long time since I did it, but both train and bus are very do-able and were cheap (about 100 baht 6 years ago). Bus (from Southern bus terminal as I recall), is usually a bit quicker and boring - but the train trip is great if you're happy to soak up what you see from the windows (Hua Hin station is a treat - and not too far from town centre).

Also did it once by hotel-arranged Merc taxi-limo - about 3,000 baht. But all these prices are out of date and you'll need to check or get input from a more recent traveller.

Hotel depends entirely on what standard you're looking for.

As Steve2UK says, air con bus from southern bus terminal takes @3-3.5 hrs and cost 138 last time I did it.

Train takes @4hrs- similar cost, I think. More scenic.

Another alternative is minibus from Victory monument. Costs 160 and takes as little as 2.5 hrs.

I wouldn't pay more than 2,000 for a taxi meter, possibly as low as 1,700. Not limo though.

Hotels are plentiful. You can get a mid-range place for @1000 per night, a comfortable air con etc guest house for 400-600, fan as low as 250-350 or the 5 star stuff. Not many tourists here at the moment. Prices are negotiable, I'm sure.

As Steve2UK says, air con bus from southern bus terminal takes @3-3.5 hrs and cost 138 last time I did it.

Another alternative is minibus from Victory monument. Costs 160 and takes as little as 2.5 hrs.

I wouldn't pay more than 2,000 for a taxi meter, possibly as low as 1,700. Not limo though.

Hotels are plentiful. You can get a mid-range place for @1000 per night, a comfortable air con etc guest house for 400-600, fan as low as 250-350 or the 5 star stuff. Not many tourists here at the moment. Prices are negotiable, I'm sure.

A friend told me there is now a daily flight - cost approx B5,000 round trip but I am not sure who with.

Paid 1400 baht taxi 5 weeks ago from Mandarin Bkk To Thi purai hotel which I fully recomend,Hope you enjoy Huahin , Nignoy

Hi All,

Thank you for your replies, the train looks like an interesting option.

Regards,

DeDanan.

a few years ago i took Bangkok Airways flight Bangkok- Hua Hin - Bangkok. it was really comfy and quick ;-) only 30-40 minutes ;-) but i dont think they fly on that route anymore... but you should check

as about the hotel: i stayed in http://www.kabantamor.com/ - on that website it looks really crappy, but believe me - you would not regret choosing it! ;-) "live", it looks waaaaaaaaaaaayyyy much better - and the garden where the houses are - is FULL of tropical flowers and plants... :-)

The train is as little as about 44 baht on the sore-ass third class carriages :D. The bus was only 100 baht from the Southern Terminal two months ago but it was picking up and dropping off way too often and nowhere near as comfy as the sore-ass option :o

The train is as little as about 44 baht on the sore-ass third class carriages :D. The bus was only 100 baht from the Southern Terminal two months ago but it was picking up and dropping off way too often and nowhere near as comfy as the sore-ass option  :o

It looks like you got on the wrong bus, like I did a couple of months ago. There are "local" buses which park at the Southern Terminal to which you will be guided by touts. Do not follow. Go inside and buy a ticket for for the "real" bus. It's around 130 baht. The "real" bus stops much less frequently, has air con that works and seats that are not ripped to shreds....

Yeah, I realised that after the first 100m of the journey. I've travelled down to Hua Hin before when booking tickets from the booth and the journey was a lot quicker but I was in such a rush that day that I ran for the first bus after leaving the taxi...big mistake!

Yeah, I realised that after the first 100m of the journey. I've travelled down to Hua Hin before when booking tickets from the booth and the journey was a lot quicker but I was in such a rush that day that I ran for the first bus after leaving the taxi...big mistake!

Exactly what I did. Never good to be in too much of a hurry....

:o

I did the minibus from Victory Monument in Feb '05. It was a great deal.

This service is excellent. Minibus was pretty new, very comfortable and the trip took exactly 2.5 hours.

It is a little difficult to find the starting place near Victory Monument. Basically there is a road in front of the hospital. As you are walking toward the Monument from the sky train stay to the left and the road curves. Look for a small table on the left of the road where they are selling tickets.

I highly recommend this service as it is a great value, fast and comfortable.

Personally I would take a taxi. Any driver will take you if you offer 1500 baht and wave it in their face. No farting around with skytrains, minibuses, monuments etc.

I would too, but sorry, for a taxi it's more like 2000 baht. Daytime it easily goes a 5 hours ride from Don Muang. At midnite, maybe 3 hours.

It is not Pattaya, not same highways.

I like the train.

Just take the skytrain/subway to Ban Sue Station and buy a ticket to HuaHin there.

Do it in the morning and you will arrive early enough to go look for a guesthouse/hotel. I personally like to stay in one of the guesthouses on the piers.

Prices are cheap and rooms are clean and comfortable. Location unbeatable.

I personally like to stay in one of the guesthouses on the piers.

Prices are cheap and rooms are clean and comfortable. Location unbeatable.

Many young Thais come for a day or two of fun and drinking, they may make some noise when you don't want it. The walls are of weatherboard I think.

Prices are low, the biggest room was 650B.

pier1.jpg

They rooms are pretty basic, not really meant to stay indoors other than for sleeping.

pier2.jpg

This is the view from the most expensive one...you can't get a view of the sea closer than this: (note the mosquito net, always have a lotion handy)

pier3.jpg

And this is the main attraction: sitting and idling in front of your room. You can bring your own drinks and food but the "hotel" would gladly and cheaply provide anything yopu might want. The heart of Hua Hin is minutes walk from the piers.

pier4.jpg

Among Thai, I've heard they go for a van or minibus so to speak. around 160 Baht per person in front of the Rajvithee Hospital at the Vitory monument. From the Airport, the taxi is also a good idea especially with luggages.

Re accommodation, like above said there are many however most beachfront hotels are full during weekends.

If you look for a quiet area, Cha-am is also good. I have a place to recommend. A studio apartment decorated very beautiful in boutique style. The building is right on the beach with a nice pool. The owner has it originally for their own use but just rent it out recently. check out their photos and rate below. Very interesting.

their Webpage