Ride On Lawnmower

tim armstrong

I know this one has been done some time ago, but does anyone have a ride on lawnmower for sale, or know where I can get one that won't cost the same as a condo ? I really want to stop my family from spraying and turning the nice green grass into dead, brown grass with muddy bare patches.

HomePro Hang Dong Road Chiang Mai. Craftsman 200,000 baht.

I thought the poster wanted the rider to cost less than a condo. :P

Poster, bless you.

You have a good heart.

May it be green forever wherever you settle and live. Cheers. :clap2:

Edited by vont

Thanks to you both for your replies. I was waiting for someone to say yes Tim, I'm going back to ... and you can have mine for zip !! Not so lucky this time. I've heard of Craftsman mowers, I think they are made in Oz, and quite tough. 200,000 is a bit steep, when you're now used to thinking in baht. But it looks like the way to go. Have to start saving the bahts. Thanks again.

At 200,000 baht that is 1,000 days or about 3 years at 7 days a week labour for one man to cut the grass.

I use a kruang tatya and do it my self for an hour or so a day 4 days a week unless I take a day off and that is for more that 2 rai.

Not to mention that I get some exercise in as well.

Tim, do you really need a riding lawnmower?

How much area do you need to cut?

What type of grass, sod or field grass?

Is that area smooth, level and debris free?

I've also seen that outrageouly priced Craftsman.

And a POS Chinese unit also outrageouly priced.

Here we have 2 rai, 1 is lawn grass.

Have a Rover a 21" with a Honda GXV160 5.5hp.

Rover Pro Cut 50 ES/XL Model 435000T

Purchased at Future Park Rangsit 2007-10-20.

Paid 18,700 baht

An excellent lawn mower,

* 21" Deck (20" cut) is a non-magnetic Aluminum alloy,

powder coated red, rear discharge only.

* Honda GX160 5.5 HP (cuts my 1 rai 3x on 1 tank of gasoline).

* Fuel Capacity: 2.0 Liter

* Duel element air cleaner.

* Large Muffler

* Durable recoil starter

* Rover Cutting Blades,

a round "blade plate" and 4 short blades that can swivel.

Can also use a "standard" blade.

* Large ball bearing wheels for easy manoeuvrability

* Strengthened large capacity rear catcher.

* Strengthened front axle assembly

* Strengthened handle bars

* Fully adjustable chrome comfort grip handlebars

* 12 position height adjustment

The gardener can do the 1 rai in 2 hours.

The land adjacent to our's has been fallow for many years, hence tall field grass.

We use the 2 cycle Siam-Kubota 400GX to clear 4 meters each side.

It's also used to strim-cut around the trees-shrubbery.

Purchased in 2004 for around 12,000 baht.

To date no problems, just a spark plug a year.

So around 30K baht in equipment.

Even if the Craftsman was 100K baht

I still would not buy it due to

parts, maintenance and it using a gasoline.

It would never survive cutting field grass.

And it is a single purpose machine.

Nope, I would opt for a small used tractor such as a

Ford 1100 or 1220, Kubota, Iseki or Yanmar F15.

Should be available for <100K ?

Then use a Thai slasher.

I've wanted a small tractor for a long time.

Anyway I'm rambling on.

Cheers.

At 200,000 baht that is 1,000 days or about 3 years at 7 days a week labour for one man to cut the grass.

I use a kruang tatya and do it my self for an hour or so a day 4 days a week unless I take a day off and that is for more that 2 rai.

Who cares?

The question was in relation to obtaining a ride on mower not the habits or preferences of the readers.

Under the right circumstances you can purchase overseas and import for less than 200K (baht)

I did and that gives the OP an idea relative to the question

Who cares?

The question was in relation to obtaining a ride on mower not the habits or preferences of the readers.

Under the right circumstances you can purchase overseas and import for less than 200K (baht)

I have seen local manufactured and Chines imports in the price rang of 80,000 to 150,000 baht. for riding mowers.

Who cares?

I have seen local manufactured and Chines imports in the price rang of 80,000 to 150,000 baht. for riding mowers.

Tim, do you really need a riding lawnmower?

How much area do you need to cut?

What type of grass, sod or field grass?

Is that area smooth, level and debris free?

I've also seen that outrageouly priced Craftsman.

And a POS Chinese unit also outrageouly priced.

Here we have 2 rai, 1 is lawn grass.

Have a Rover a 21" with a Honda GXV160 5.5hp.

Rover Pro Cut 50 ES/XL Model 435000T

Purchased at Future Park Rangsit 2007-10-20.

Paid 18,700 baht

An excellent lawn mower,

* 21" Deck (20" cut) is a non-magnetic Aluminum alloy,

powder coated red, rear discharge only.

* Fuel Capacity: 2.0 Liter

* Duel element air cleaner.

* Large Muffler

* Durable recoil starter

* Rover Cutting Blades,

a round "blade plate" and 4 short blades that can swivel.

Can also use a "standard" blade.

* Large ball bearing wheels for easy manoeuvrability

* Strengthened large capacity rear catcher.

* Strengthened front axle assembly

* Strengthened handle bars

* Fully adjustable chrome comfort grip handlebars

* 12 position height adjustment

The gardener can do the 1 rai in 2 hours.

The land adjacent to our's has been fallow for many years, hence tall field grass.

We use the 2 cycle Siam-Kubota 400GX to clear 4 meters each side.

It's also used to strim-cut around the trees-shrubbery.

Purchased in 2004 for around 12,000 baht.

To date no problems, just a spark plug a year.

So around 30K baht in equipment.

Even if the Craftsman was 100K baht

I still would not buy it due to

parts, maintenance and it using a gasoline.

It would never survive cutting field grass.

And it is a single purpose machine.

Nope, I would opt for a small used tractor such as a

Ford 1100 or 1220, Kubota, Iseki or Yanmar F15.

Should be available for <100K ?

Then use a Thai slasher.

I've wanted a small tractor for a long time.

Anyway I'm rambling on.

Cheers.

Thanks again everyone for the replies.

Howto, I have a Honda mower and a Thai belt driven 5hp with a single wheel at the front. The problem is that our 5 rai outside the house wall is fairly rough and it seems to take forever to mow it with a push mower. But since my first post I have asked around locally and it seems that small secondhand kubotas are sometimes available for around 50,000. I really like them. A new kubota slasher is about 23,000, so I may go down this route, as indeed Craftsman and most other good ride-ons, Cox, John Deere, etc are all about the same price, and shipping is an extra hassle. Our local ag. machinery dealer used to import renovated kubotas from Japan, but has stopped, as the local banks are falling over themselves to get all the rice farmers into debt with new ones. Regards.

Thanks to you both for your replies. I was waiting for someone to say yes Tim, I'm going back to ... and you can have mine for zip !! Not so lucky this time. I've heard of Craftsman mowers, I think they are made in Oz, and quite tough. 200,000 is a bit steep, when you're now used to thinking in baht. But it looks like the way to go. Have to start saving the bahts. Thanks again.

Not sure where you are located - but near Chonburi about km 5 or 6 out on Road 357 to Klaeng/Trat is a dealer who brings in from the US used John Deere ride on mowers - maybe has 30 units in all sizes.

Not sure where you are located - but near Chonburi about km 5 or 6 out on Road 357 to Klaeng/Trat is a dealer who brings in from the US used John Deere ride on mowers - maybe has 30 units in all sizes.

Thanks Peter,

I'm at Nakhon Sawan, but go to Chonburi quite often. This the first I've heard of John Deere mowers - so I will have a look. Regards.

I have a Murray ride on mower, with Briggs and stratton 8 hp engine 5 gears + reverse

detachable collection bags,.

I may sell it, only because I really need a tractor, to much land for my ride on mower really.

I am in Phetchabun.

Reply if interested.

Cheers

Edited by Monkeypants

• 1 year later...

Hi peter,

Do you have more information about this company that sell used john deerne machines mowers in chonburi?

phone number website?

Sander

Thanks Peter,

I'm at Nakhon Sawan, but go to Chonburi quite often. This the first I've heard of John Deere mowers - so I will have a look. Regards.