Bangrak Petrol Con

Beware the automated petrol machine near Bamboo / Sarahs Bar, the one in front of motorbike rental / thai convienence store. It doesnt work! Deposited 100 baht and nothing dispensed complained to old lady, but "you not wait till money fill", I couldnt get my thai in order to say "listening you f'ing ..., I know how to use these machines**, Ive used them 300 times before", can not give back money it belong to son... blah blah... she just sat back down men pai rai. didnt lock the machine back up or turn it off despite the padlock/key being in front on her...

Its 100 baht but f'ing annoying...

** a side con - i wonder how many people get caught one the first time by not using them correctly...

Edited by mattcodes

Sorry matt but your post brought a smile to my face. Most people would think that it was a good day to only loose 100 baht.

Seriously - a good warning to folks. Most farang customers that I have seen using that machine get the Thai people to do it for them. Personally I use the guy around the corner (on the ghost road) with the largish motorbike shop. Always honest and 40 baht per litre. (I know - he is not open at 8 pm at night!)

Sorry matt but your post brought a smile to my face. Most people would think that it was a good day to only loose 100 baht.

Seriously - a good warning to folks. Most farang customers that I have seen using that machine get the Thai people to do it for them. Personally I use the guy around the corner (on the ghost road) with the largish motorbike shop. Always honest and 40 baht per litre. (I know - he is not open at 8 pm at night!)

Yep only 100 baht it is just annoying, it is third of a days wages for a typical samui thai worker just given to someone un-deservingly. More principle of screw the falang, as I doubt a Thai would tolerate it... The machine on the ghost road about 50 metres up from riks have used many times without issue, will keep to that one in future as motorbike is temperamental with the whisky bottles..

Edited by mattcodes

"Beware the automated petrol machine near Bamboo / Sarahs Bar, the one in front of motorbike rental / thai convienence store. It doesnt work! Deposited 100 baht and nothing dispensed complained to old lady, but "you not wait till money fill",

sounds like the machine was working just fine.

"Beware the automated petrol machine near Bamboo / Sarahs Bar, the one in front of motorbike rental / thai convienence store. It doesnt work! Deposited 100 baht and nothing dispensed complained to old lady, but "you not wait till money fill",

Joe read the rest of post - its really not that long, Im well aware of how to use the machines (and how many people get caught out by you-not-wait-to-fill), this particular one was empty or pump broke.

Joe read the rest of post - its really not that long, Im well aware of how to use the machines (and how many people get caught out by you-not-wait-to-fill), this particular one was empty or pump broke.

perhaps i should have used italics for the word machine, maybe even put quotes around it as a way of alluding to another meaning entirely. considering your statement about how many people get caught by "you not wait to fill", i'd say the "machine" is working just fine.

perhaps i should have used italics for the word machine, maybe even put quotes around it as a way of alluding to another meaning entirely. considering your statement about how many people get caught by "you not wait to fill", i'd say the "machine" is working just fine.

Ah sorry Joe, my bad... I get ya now... :)