Registration Problem

Cloggie

Try to register myself at at web-site in The Netherlands but after registration my connection / ip-number is rejected (moved to a blacklist) as I am behind a proxy server.

I understand from some friends of my that they all have the same problem, "you try to connect yourself from Thailand and all ip numbers from Thailand are rejected by our system as ip-numbers from proxy servers"

Do more people have this problem when you try to use a service outside Thailand?

I just have a 'dial-up' connection with an ADSL line and a NAT so more computers can access the internet.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think most users have this setup which makes me no different from people in The Netherlands, Germany, Belgium or USA!

Again if I receive a valid 'public DHCP ip number' from my ISP (TOT) why would they say I am behind a proxy?

I just have a 'dial-up' connection with an ADSL line and a NAT so more computers can access the internet.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think most users have this setup which makes me no different from people in The Netherlands, Germany, Belgium or USA!

Again if I receive a valid 'public DHCP ip number' from my ISP (TOT) why would they say I am behind a proxy?

I just think they don't like people or IPs from Thailand... And if they are that silly they probably cannot give you a describing error message...

But I have been through a fight with a webhost who put security so tight that if I had an IP that previously have been used by a spammer then I could not get http access... I told them they were idiots and they agreed... but it took a while, Then their own staff run into the same problems when they worked from home...

Maybe that is the problem. Maybe your neighbor is a spammer....

Martin

Edited by siamect

If I understand correctly (nearly) all Thai ISPs use a transparent proxy to implement the government blocks.

I've had issues with trying to register for some sites whilst in Thailand (and even more from India).

My solution was to get my dad to register from the UK. None of the sites had a problem once past the initial registration stage.