What To Sell In My New Shop ?

bangkokcitylimits

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really does not matter what you sell. If it is at all successful, in a very short time you will be surrounded by other shops selling the exact same thing. :D

Agree, that always happens here and can be a real headache to someone who put many effort in unique designs. Remember a talk with a Swedish factory owner in BanTawai, he had his designs produced by a local workshop, but those people were so damned brutal to simply sell HIS designs to other shops as well :lol:

But when copying is impossible and the source unknown (like with my products) the chance is not so big. ;)

btw, know the joke about the guy with the small furniture shop who's business suddenly became brutally interrupted by two huge furniture stores right on both sides of his little shop ? The guy got a brilliant plan, he'd put a giant sign on his shop saying: 'Main Entrance' :D

• Like 2

btw, know the joke about the guy with the small furniture shop who's business suddenly became brutally interrupted by two huge furniture stores right on both sides of his little shop ? The guy got a brilliant plan, he'd put a giant sign on his shop saying: 'Main Entrance' :D

:lol:

I love clever people.

i reckon it all depends on how far away you are from shops that sell small things like batteries, hair clips and all that kind of cheap junk that people use from day to day. If you're far enough away then you can stock some and see how it goes, there's not much lay out for stock and people just love to buy cheap crap.

Mt ex father in law has built up a fairly large business in England selling accessories for the camera industry, no cameras just lens covers, bags, straps and batteries etc. He reckons all the cheap stuff is the way to go. Recession proof, plenty of repeat business.

Little straps for phones, hello fuc_king kitty anything :lol: costume jewellery, headphone adaptors, stickers, key rings, you know the kind of thing. As I said, all depends if they can get it next door or not.

The good thing about cheap crap is that it doesn't last and people don't mind cos it's cheap.

In fact, seeing as there's a penchant for Thai people to wear things with English wording on them, how about an anti-hello kitty range?

'fuc_k hello kitty' 'I hate hello kitty' 'fuc_k you AND hello kitty' etc :)

I'd buy it.

Biff

u mite be joking but that anti hello kitty is not a bad idea... hello kitty/doremon everywhere!!! betty boop is the equivalent in Aus. if ur selling clothes to foreigners it does help if u are up to date with the latest trends instead of 3 yrs after eg. every market in pattaya/patong ;-)

opening a shop is never easy and choosing what to sell is even harder ,

saying that , what i can said is that you very much earn money for what ever you sell .

now you got to consider . if the money you earn from selling your product cover what you going to spend . to keep the operation going .

to identify the market is big business people charge in the range of 1000Usd just to write out plan on what kinda market give you the most income .

well here i will give you some free tips . totally free and if it happen to be useful .. and if we need met up .. treat me and my wife to a good meal :)

-

before you choose what to sell . you got to make up your mind what kinda business you want to do. one can open a shoe and stock up with expensive stuff and 1 customer a week or month is enough for you to cover your weekly or monthly spending + profit that you can pocket .

or you can sell stuff that people come looking for you daily . or hourly but you will be busy every day

since you are in thailand . you got to choose what kinda market you want , tourist or local . or just simply expat .

learn to be good and full of knowledge of what you sell . or look for product that your customer need no intro and there can just walk in a get it without you even telling or helping them choose .

--

you can also use your prime location to provide a service -which will lower your spending and reduce your stock and inventory .

service base business is good but is also not easy unless you know what you are doing or is providing a service which is needed .

there is no perfect product is the type of after sale or service you can provide .

you cal jolly well sell rice which make you only 5 baht a kg but if you can sell 100kg a day that is good profit . and so on .

or you can sell 1 product that earn you 20,000b but you sell 1 a week or 1 a month . and so on .

-- since your GF will be running the shop .

is better you ask her what she know more and focus on product that she know .

but beofre you have high hope . unless your rental is very low or you doing so just for fun .

don't expect much from what you going to do .

if you are serious . is time you start looking for serious advice .

my rate is some nice food for 2 , and a few beer . just for fun :)

and if it get anything more serious maybe i will be asking for hourly rate .

whahahahhaahaha a

business can be fun but it can be seriously stressful .

Edited by Ta22

Digital photo printing. If there is no camera/photo shop nearby. Little space required, just a laptop/small computer and a printer. Not viable if you have to invest in equipment as most shops charge about 8baht per 4x6 print.

Not really, there's a photoshop on 100m. But few suggestions in this topic inspired me enough. It's for farangs, and something for their wife. It just need some organization and I'll open in few weeks. Will take some pics of the shop and the salesware and post them here.

Thanks.

Edited by bangkokcitylimits

gonzo.

re .... I understand there is a 2nd hand one available from CM Immigration Office.... slightly used by a little old lady, .... in need of minor repair

nahh it was working yesterday and was being guarded by a man who asks you what you want and pushes the button coz were not allowed to any more

enjoy pic : ) ..... dave2

post-42592-017225100 1286326594_thumb.jp