Any Expatriate Accountants In Udonthani Area?

newbegin4

I'm in Udonthani and have a small internet-based U.S. business that I operate out of my home-office. I've been here a year and for convenience sake would love to be able to work with an accountant locally. It is a long-shot, but I hope to find an expatriate (perhaps a retired accountant . . . anybody who can help me figure out how to properly file my corporate and/or personal tax returns).

I've been using Quickbooks for three years and have copies of prior year business tax returns as a starting point.

I'm late (past my extended deadline) in filing my 2009 1120S corporate tax return, ditto for my personal return.

I'd be willing to travel, even to Bangkok, if need be, to meet but of couse prefer to stay as close to Udonthani as possible for convenience sake.

Thanks, David

U.S citizens are required to file annually with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) even if they have lived overseas for an entire year and even if they did not earn over the approximately $80,000 foreign earned income limit for U.S. citizens living abroad. The only way an American does not need to file is if he/she earns less than $7,800/year as this is under the standard deduction/personal exemption limits but you should still seek confirmation from a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) before making any decisions regarding your potential tax filing requirements. You should only rely upon tax advice from a CPA who is licensed in the USA for any Federal or State tax information.* In Bangkok there are several licensed CPAs that help expats with US tax filings/issues including: http://www.expatriatetax.net/ , http://www.jprooney.com/Thailand-Taxplan.php and www.deloitte.com , they may have CPA’s in the Udon Thani area that they recommend or use on a contract basis. You may also contact the US Embassy in Bangkok for a list of certified US Income Tax preparers located in Thailand: Information Resource Center (IRC), 95 Wireless Road, Bangkok Thailand 10330, Tel: +66-2-205-4000, Email:[email protected] .

Remember that it is illegal to do any work in Thailand on a Tourist, Retirement, Investment or Education Visa. Even if the income/salary you receive is from outside of Thailand and into a bank account outside of Thailand if you are still performing work in the Kingdom you will need to have the proper visa. If you are working in Thailand you will still need to have a Work Permit and pay Thai Income Taxes. If you have not yet done so it is important to get the necessary Visa and Work Permit to make your stay in Thailand comport with Thai law. Please feel free to contact us to assist you if you need our help in starting a Thai company and getting a Work Permit for the work you are currently doing while residing in Thailand.*

Do you have any questions about getting a Visa for travel/business/retiring/investing in Thailand? Please “ask the visa expert” from Sunbelt Asia here: Thaivisa.com - Ask the Visa Expert from Sunbelt Asia

This information has been provided by Sunbelt Asia Co., Ltd. Sunbelt Asia has been the main sponsor of Thaivisa.com since 2002.

You can contact Sunbelt Asia at (66)2-642-0213 or email us here. Please visit our website for more information on doing business, working, investing, travelling, owning real estate, or starting your own business in Thailand at www.sunbeltasiagroup.com. We are located at 1 Ratchadaphisek Rd., Floor 26, Bangkok, Thailand 10400 and can easily be reached by public transportation.

*This does not constitute legal advice or serve as a substitute for direct legal consultation with a licensed attorney. The information is provided for educational purposes only and it may not account for the specific facts and laws that may be applicable to each individual’s situation. Also, there may be changes in the law that may affect your specific case so the answers provided here should not be considered to be applicable your personal situation.

Legal information is not the same as legal advice, which is the application of law by a licensed attorney to an individual's specific circumstances. Although we go to great lengths to make sure our information is accurate and useful, we recommend that you consult a lawyer if you want legal advice specific to the facts surrounding your case. This information does not take the place of discussions with a licensed lawyer and it does not create an attorney-client relationship between readers of the information and Sunbelt Asia, Co. Ltd. or any of its employees

[sunbeltlegal][/sunbeltlegal]