Sausage King Has Got A Big Sausage

FarangCravings

A company beginning with the letter D make cheese here in CM....

really not worth buying though imho, as it has almost no

taste/flavour, even the goat cheese is unbearably bland UNLESS

you bake it on a pizza, then there is a hint of goat about it...

maybe this has to do with the milk quality here in CM?

David

oh good we've got a new game top play, guess the cheese shop. my guess is dacheeso. whats the prize?

He is lying

thats not cheese

To give them their due I'm rather partial to Dacheeso's smoked mozerella, goes nice in a toasted sandwich.

Sausage kings menu looks fantatic, hopefully a law can be passed that only sausage king sausages can be included in a full English Breakfast rather than those awful frankfurter things :D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe you could list what fine restaurants in chiang mai sell your products.

not sure i can list or not ? we supply all major restaurants and hotels 5 star etc

Are you allowed to tell me the size of ya currys ??

we now sell indian currys in rimping now in the freezer section as a set meal. chicken tikka masala - chicken rogan josh - chicken korma -chicken vindaloo - and meat samosa. we are in rimping mee chok and will be in all the other stores this week with the new line curry's. the size is 350g with pilau rice, set microwave meal. if buy direct i can do a better deal. meals on wheels 4u can deliver. or buy direct and get a free bacon sandwich and a cup of pg tea

I buy lots of products from Sausage King especially scotch eggs,bacon etc.Probably the best supplier of these products in Chiang Mai His ready made curries are also excellent and reasonably priced. Welcome as a sponser to Thai Visa Rob.

Puzzled and confused as ever.

Are we saying that SKing is a sponsor? In process?

Never mind. I found the web site.

Cannot tell for sure if a customer can go to the place and buy - say a kilo of meatloaf and other fzn dinners. Gather so from remarks, but this is not suggested on their web.

However, there are two addresses - and the site's hours, which are in reference to deliveries, and they jump about.

So, FINALLY, I arrive: Where do I go to buy (aside from Rimping) and when? Google maps helps, but with two addy's and unclear hours....

Thanks in advance for those who have been there.

Edited by CMX

Puzzled and confused as ever.

Are we saying that SKing is a sponsor? In process?

Never mind. I found the web site.

Cannot tell for sure if a customer can go to the place and buy - say a kilo of meatloaf and other fzn dinners. Gather so from remarks, but this is not suggested on their web.

However, there are two addresses - and the site's hours, which are in reference to deliveries, and they jump about.

So, FINALLY, I arrive: Where do I go to buy (aside from Rimping) and when? Google maps helps, but with two addy's and unclear hours....

Thanks in advance for those who have been there.

You can go to his place to buy but its in San Sai out of town and not so easy to find, so he focus's on DELIVERY of his productsinto Chiang mai and also using Meals on Wheels if you don't want to buy from the supermarket just call the number and order and it can be delivered right to you.

Not sure if he has a place in town that you can go to other than the Supermarkets

Edited by FarangCravings

"Not easy to find."

I'll say. The Sansai address. However, fussing with maps.google I even got the coordinates for a gps. Moreover, I too live out to the north, near Maejo, and love (motor)bike riding when it is not raining. Soon as I am certain about hours, I'm gonna go (maybe 12kms) with a shopping list. Fuel will be paid for by whatever savings from delivery and a scenic trip to boot (on alternative 1001). It's pleasant out here!:lol:

Thanks for help!

A company beginning with the letter D make cheese here in CM....

really not worth buying though imho, as it has almost no

taste/flavour, even the goat cheese is unbearably bland UNLESS

you bake it on a pizza, then there is a hint of goat about it...

maybe this has to do with the milk quality here in CM?

David

oh good we've got a new game top play, guess the cheese shop. my guess is dacheeso. whats the prize?

a cracker for your cheese ha ha

I would say don't judge Sausage King by his curries...

His sausages are superb (especially the big Cumberland rings). Don't worry about the size of his sausage, it's the size of his ring that you should be interested in...

His bacon (sold frozen by the kilo), is in my opinion better than most bacon I ate back home in England, and the Scotch eggs, if you get them delivered hot and fresh are to die for. I haven't tried the pies, but I'm told by colleagues they are very good too (we get everyone to put an order in and then get a bulk delivery direct to our school every now and again).

Now, the curries... sorry Rob. Maybe they have changed (I tried 3 different ones more than 6 months ago and never ordered them again...). To me the sauce was a bit "generic" - they all sort of tasted the same... There was also loads of sauce but very little meat. Come on Rob, get some chicken in there, it's cheap enough from Macro; even if it means upping the price 20 Baht...

PS the curries were pretty spicy (the way I like them), so you have to be careful with the ring of fire... It's all about the ring...

• Like 1

I tried the Kitchen King sausages and they were terrible is this the same company ? I got them from Macro, the breakfast links and they were unedible.

DK

At first sight they look a bit different to me : "Kitchen" v "Sausage". See the difference? Different letters, different words.

Sausageking's sausages are seriously scrumptious and I don't think they can be found at Macro. Could be wrong. He doesn't mention Macro on his website.They are better than Rimping's whose skins are inedible and they don't taste of preservative which, in my opinion, GM's do. His Chicken Tikka Marsala is equally delicious with a boatload of chicken covered in an authentic tasting sauce. I look forward to exploring the rest of his menu. One gripe though. There are no cooking instructions on the ready meals. The packaging is certainly basic and belies the excellent quality of the contents but a brief guide to cooking would be reassuring.

I tried the Kitchen King sausages and they were terrible is this the same company ? I got them from Macro, the breakfast links and they were unedible.

DK

At first sight they look a bit different to me : "Kitchen" v "Sausage". See the difference? Different letters, different words.

Sausageking's sausages are seriously scrumptious and I don't think they can be found at Macro. Could be wrong. He doesn't mention Macro on his website.They are better than Rimping's whose skins are inedible and they don't taste of preservative which, in my opinion, GM's do. His Chicken Tikka Marsala is equally delicious with a boatload of chicken covered in an authentic tasting sauce. I look forward to exploring the rest of his menu. One gripe though. There are no cooking instructions on the ready meals. The packaging is certainly basic and belies the excellent quality of the contents but a brief guide to cooking would be reassuring.

yes you are so right and we over looked that point and a very good point. ok place in microwave on full power 2 min then leave to settle 1 min and microwave again 1 -2 min more then eat till you heart in content . glad you like the Indian curry's i have 25 years experience with Indian food. we sell them in rimping nim city and mee chok branch but not top yet we only sell sausage and bacon in tops supermarkets. we also do a veggie curry if you not eat meat. Rob.

DK

we are sausage king brand and kitchen king brand are nothing to do and never been apart of our company. we only manufacture high quality food products, kitchen king are not longer in business i hear ? but someone is still make them very poor quality sausages and bacon who supply makro. better to know what you eating and all sausage king products have been lab tested FDA at sausage king we have many customers buy direct and sometimes customers like look how are sausage is made and what we put in our sausage. we use finest cuts of shoulder pork and belly pork for maximum taste. look out for the chicken tikka pie coming soon in rimping and its in a league of it own wowwwwww sk

I would say don't judge Sausage King by his curries...

His sausages are superb (especially the big Cumberland rings). Don't worry about the size of his sausage, it's the size of his ring that you should be interested in...

His bacon (sold frozen by the kilo), is in my opinion better than most bacon I ate back home in England, and the Scotch eggs, if you get them delivered hot and fresh are to die for. I haven't tried the pies, but I'm told by colleagues they are very good too (we get everyone to put an order in and then get a bulk delivery direct to our school every now and again).

Now, the curries... sorry Rob. Maybe they have changed (I tried 3 different ones more than 6 months ago and never ordered them again...). To me the sauce was a bit "generic" - they all sort of tasted the same... There was also loads of sauce but very little meat. Come on Rob, get some chicken in there, it's cheap enough from Macro; even if it means upping the price 20 Baht...

PS the curries were pretty spicy (the way I like them), so you have to be careful with the ring of fire... It's all about the ring...

All our pies are deep filled with meat and curry's, so not sure why your curry had more sauce then meat ? but the curry been so good you would only have to turn you back for a second and bingo someone had a mouth full of chicken away ha ha

Putting aside the Sausage King’s products for a moment, I have known Bob on and off for the last 17 odd years.

He has the most wonderful black sense of humor. Many a time he has had me in tears of laughter with his true life stories.

Bob if you are reading this, could you tell the posters your story of how you got rid of some noisy neighbors with a ghost scare using a metal nut and a piece of string?

A classic, something I’ve never forgotten, it still makes me laugh even to this day.

My question is: what kind of sausage do I need?

You can take your pick, but I prefer a couple of Cumberlands. The trick to the perfect Bangers and Mash is the onion gravy. Gotta get the flavour right. Does Sausage King do gravy?

My question is: what kind of sausage do I need?

You can take your pick, but I prefer a couple of Cumberlands. The trick to the perfect Bangers and Mash is the onion gravy. Gotta get the flavour right. Does Sausage King do gravy?

yes sausage king makes a gravy that once you try you will never forget. we supply well known restaurants what order my gravy by the bag full, for thanks giving and Christmas etc.i have to say gravy takes a lot of time to make its right. ok a free tip by chef sk if you want nice beef gravy then roast beef bones before you boil them for the stock and wow what a taste yum yum

Edited by SAUSAGEKING

jimshortz.

re ... your comment ... There was also loads of sauce but very little meat.

no offence but i tried bobs chicken korma curry from meechock rimping for the first time tonight and i thought the opposite !

i enjoyed it very much and to me there were some lovely tender chicken chunks in it but not enough sauce for the amount of rice

when its mixed all together in a bowl i thought it was a bit dry so maybe bob will up the chicken chunks and the sauce

and then well all be happy coz there will be a bit more of a good curry to enjoy

dave2

post-42592-055719300 1285940212_thumb.jp

jimshortz.

re ... your comment ... There was also loads of sauce but very little meat.

no offence but i tried bobs chicken korma curry from meechock rimping for the first time tonight and i thought the opposite !

i enjoyed it very much and to me there were some lovely tender chicken chunks in it but not enough sauce for the amount of rice

when its mixed all together in a bowl i thought it was a bit dry so maybe bob will up the chicken chunks and the sauce

and then well all be happy coz there will be a bit more of a good curry to enjoy

dave2

all notes taken for our quality control and glad you like this indian curry. we wanted to give maximum chicken so maybe we over filled the curry meals with chicken. i can make all types of kebabs but not sure this would be good for Rimping ? sk Rob

post-112062-041345600 1285942165_thumb.j

Hi Sk

I haven't sampled any of your food items yet Rob (on a bit of a diet at the mo!), but I just wanted to congratulate you on a very nice website from one webmaster to another.

It's easy on the eye, very focused, and has simple page navigation. Well done you! Attention to detail is crucial for online promotion and success. I sit here drooling at you succulent sausages that are just winking at us visitors from your home page ;)

Aitch

Edited by Drew Aitch

Hi Sk

I just wanted to congratulate you on a very nice website from one webmaster to another.

It's easy on the eye, very focused, and has simple page navigation. Well done you! Attention to detail is crucial for online promotion and success. I sit here drooling at you succulent sausages that are just winking at us visitors from your home page ;)

Aitch

Agreed, except for the map, which is unintelligible. I wish that could be improved to clearly locate the workplace for the average farang.

Agreed, except for the map, which is unintelligible. I wish that could be improved to clearly locate the workplace for the average farang.

Yes, this is true Asmerom, but a good webmaster will welcome constructive criticism such as yours. And if the suggestion(s) makes sense, then he or she will, or should, correct it/them ASAP.

I don't believe there are any truly 'perfect' websites out there in cyberspace, because technology, design, and the plethora of bells and whistles that can be added to enhance usability and appeal are changing constantly. But persistently striving for perfection is a must do in the virtual world. After all, it's impossible to get a second chance to make that first impression, and web-surfers these days are an impatient and fussy lot to say the least!

That said, SK does seem to have a perfectionist streak in his approach, and so far he's had the design team build him a cracking little online project.

Suggestion: While I'm writing, it might be worth making any future map into a thumbnail image and linking it a much larger version that's also easily printable. Even so, his Thai map is still better than the Google cop-outs that many a lazy site owner uses to pinpoint their bricks and mortar location.

Aitch

Yes, this is true Asmerom, but a good webmaster will welcome constructive criticism such as yours. And if the suggestion(s) makes sense, then he or she will, or should, correct it/them ASAP.

I don't believe there are any truly 'perfect' websites out there in cyberspace, because technology, design, and the plethora of bells and whistles that can be added to enhance usability and appeal are changing constantly. But persistently striving for perfection is a must do in the virtual world. After all, it's impossible to get a second chance to make that first impression, and web-surfers these days are an impatient and fussy lot to say the least!

That said, SK does seem to have a perfectionist streak in his approach, and so far he's had the design team build him a cracking little online project.

Suggestion: While I'm writing, it might be worth making any future map into a thumbnail image and linking it a much larger version that's also easily printable. Even so, his Thai map is still better than the Google cop-outs that many a lazy site owner uses to pinpoint their bricks and mortar location.

Aitch

hi and thanks for you comments, the map is a little problem that my web designer will sort out as this site is still new and needs a fine tune here and their. Rob.

Note to self ~ SK is not S&P in the freezer department.

Indian curry: I have yet to learn to love spicy. I can enjoy it, but need to make it ricey. So I found that after eating all the rice included, with reduced amounts of meat (lotsa meat!) and sauce spread lightly through it to color all, that the rice was gone and there were sauce and meat (lotsa meat!) left over.

So I made up more rice - a cup full of brown. Added sauce and meat (lotsa meat!) a little at a time, portion by portion and ended up with three more tasty main courses. Add vegetables and there you are. And as my rice was fresh made and never frozen....

Incidentally, in order to spread around the flavo(u)r, I divided the chunks of meat. Fat there was none - which is not the case with many street vendors and some restaurants.

Edited by CMX

Note to self ~ SK is not S&P in the freezer department.

Indian curry: I have yet to learn to love spicy. I can enjoy it, but need to make it ricey. So I found that after eating all the rice included, with reduced amounts of meat (lotsa meat!) and sauce spread lightly through it to color all, that the rice was gone and there were sauce and meat (lotsa meat!) left over.

So I made up more rice - a cup full of brown. Added sauce and meat (lotsa meat!) a little at a time, portion by portion and ended up with three more tasty main courses. Add vegetables and there you are. And as my rice was fresh made and never frozen....

Incidentally, in order to spread around the flavo(u)r, I divided the chunks of meat. Fat there was none - which is not the case with many street vendors and some restaurants.

thank you for you reply and glad you like Indian curry. in sausage king products we like to give our customers maximum meat content because when i but a food product i expect the same but i have never found yet. we like quality and maximum meat filling in all sk products,pies deep filled,sausage 95% meat-curry's full chicken. i not greedy about profit and quality always wins every time.

post-112062-015110600 1285950667_thumb.j

post-112062-086375400 1285950679_thumb.j

post-112062-051782300 1285950692_thumb.j

post-112062-088879600 1285950705_thumb.j

post-112062-068237000 1285950749_thumb.j

post-112062-034958100 1285950766_thumb.j

post-112062-097344800 1285950884_thumb.j

post-112062-030424100 1285950911_thumb.j

post-112062-025851400 1285951031_thumb.j

post-112062-094259400 1285951058_thumb.j