Have Your Every Come In Contact With A....

Rhys

Greetings.... are your students into their studies now...is cheerleading practice the central joy of a university student... that the guys.. dudes..

Have you ever come across a fellow westerner who is just clueless about how to interact in the "Thai way" with school officials and fellow teachers? The clincher, the teacher was hired because his/her..... wife's/husband's is the president of the university?

What is one to do...when clueless is a legend in his/her own mind.. Gentle hints,direct comments, and understanding stares do not concern the telfon prima/primo AH.

AH stay thee away, go thee far far away...soon the lesson of brown rice shall stick upon thy...yolk.

Edited by Rhys

He's asking if any teachers have come across a fellow teacher who has no understanding of Thai culture and manners, and turns out to have gained the job through nepotism. And he's 'teflon'- someone for whom criticism doesn't stick.

I think.

I don't know, I'm not a teacher, but it sounds like a pretty specific set of criteria.

unsure.gif

Since the Original post is a little confusing to more than one poster, it is likely to go around in a giant circle and end up nowhere. Unless someone, such as the OP, has a compelling explanation of what is meant, I will close the thread.

Please feel free to send me a PM, if I am missing something. I'll be off to bed shortly, but will respond tomorrow.

Thanks.

//CLOSED//