How To Get A Green Book For Old Jeep With No Paperwork

Changian

I am in the good position of being given a Jeep. I can choose from two. One needs some mechanical work doing on the original engine but has a Green Book. The other is a bit newer and runs fine. But doesn't come with any paperwork and isn't registered, as far as I can ascertain.

I prefer the older one, from early 1970s, but to fix it will cost, I'm told, about 10-30K. With the newer one, late 70s, it runs fine but it'll need to be registered, would be done in a Thai name to keep things simple.

Any ideas how much this would cost and how much paperwork is involved?

Thailand is BS in many ways, but as far as vehicle registration goes well it really excels, like a ten ton truck full of BS. I very much doubt there is any answer, there are many good vehicles about with the same problem, they can only be used for spares.

Or buy a scrap jeep with the all important book and swap the chassis. You will find that the book is worth more than the vehicle.

If anyone out there knows a better way I am very interested to hear.

Thailand is BS in many ways, but as far as vehicle registration goes well it really excels, like a ten ton truck full of BS. I very much doubt there is any answer, there are many good vehicles about with the same problem, they can only be used for spares.

Or buy a scrap jeep with the all important book and swap the chassis. You will find that the book is worth more than the vehicle.

If anyone out there knows a better way I am very interested to hear.

You are correct pattayabugy. BTW the books are blue not green. Green is for bike. Blue for auto/truck.

Thanks for the replies. The oldest one is all original parts, the newer one had an engine swap.

I've decided to go for the older one - originally registered in 1974 so obviously it's older than that as I'm pretty sure it's a M38A1 of some description. Fixing an engine seems easier than messing about with paperwork. So I'll find someone in Trat or Chantaburi who wants to tinker under the hood and hopefully won't balls the job up too much.

I will go and see it in a couple of weeks and take photos. If there's any Jeep experts here who can help identify it or it's age that'd be cool.