Monk For A Season

NotYetArahan

I planned to ordain for 3 months beginning of next year and I am looking for a forest monestary where one or preferrably more (senior) foreign monks are residing (my Thai is unfortunately sufficient for simple conversation only).

I have looked at the website of the international forest monastery and noticed that "direct" ordination is not possible. I am not sure about the ordination procedures at Wat Pa Baan Taad.

Can anybody recomment a "suitable forest monestary with (senior) foreign monks" ?

Thanks,

By the way, I don't do this for fun or tradition, but see it as a step on my dhamma-path, taken seriously and hoping to learn a lot !

About half an hours drive from my temple in Fang is a small cave temple on top of a hill...called Wat ThamPaaNoi.

We often take guests from the MonkforaMonth project there to stay a few nights or a week or more, if they require peace and quiet for meditation.

A Singapore man who was on our project last year recently spent 6 months at WPN but didn't want to wait so long to get ordained so he left there and came here still as a Pahkow. He has now gone to stay at the cave temple and ordained as a novice and will ordain as a monk before the end of vassa.

There used to be only the abbot there for most of the year and four or five other monks would come to spend the vassa each year. Now there is a new Thai monk who will stay, and he was a tour guide in Chiangmai for seven years so he has excellent English, as does the Singapore guy.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks FabianFred.

I actually hoped on a number of interesting monasteries to choose from, but maybe is it correct to assume that they are in short supply?

So is the International Forest Monastery the only forest monastery in Thailand with a number of Western monks?

Thanks FabianFred.

I actually hoped on a number of interesting monasteries to choose from, but maybe is it correct to assume that they are in short supply?

So is the International Forest Monastery the only forest monastery in Thailand with a number of Western monks?

Four listed here:

http://www.forestsangha.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=10&Itemid=9

For more ideas:

Good Intention.

In my Wat in the mountains near Myanmar we have nothing except scorpions, toxic snakes. But the best water. The abbot (Budhadasa lineage) stay alone with his son (me). I'm traditional doctor for the hilltribe people.

You are ready for a new experience?