Buying A Car

DragonQuest

Me and the misses want to buy a car, I was wondering since I have no visa or work permit should it be under her name or mine? Also if we decide to break up in the future (since we are sharing the costs) what would be a better option? thank you

I have a toursit visa, she doesnt care if its under my name or hers, we both have good credit and stable jobs, but Im just worried about the future and all the break up stories I hear, I dont want to regret it later thats all. I will teach her how to drive, she wants to learn. I will be using the car mostly 90% of the time. Im still trying to decide between a civic or a corolla, our friend say toyota is cheaper and honda is a bit more expensive, is this true?

Put in your name as you may have problems later on/????. Whio is paying for it anyway the wife/gf and maybe you will need something in your name here, Check the forum to establish what documentation you will need to take to the Department of Transport for registration purposes

if you want finance you will need a work permit and other documents, so better put it in her name. if paying cash, put it in your name. if you can get finance with your documents then again put it in your name.

unless of course your wife is buying it with her money, then it should go in her name.

OP you can buy a car in your name on any kind of permit to stay, 1 day-365 days. All you need is certificate of residence issued by local immigration or embassy if you are in bkk.

If you want to use the car while negotiating a divorce, its in your name

If you want to "gift" a car to your wife, its in her name

• Like 1

if you want finance you will need a work permit and other documents, so better put it in her name. if paying cash, put it in your name. if you can get finance with your documents then again put it in your name.

unless of course your wife is buying it with her money, then it should go in her name.

I've gone all dizzy now. :lol:

:lol: I think I should proof read next time!