Visa Refused

My girlfriend is thai and applied for a visa to come visit me for a month in the us. They told her she could not come because she would need a f1 and for me to go to embassy in us and have them send paper work. I went to the us embassy here in seattle and they said she did not need a f1 but a b2. They still say no, not a b2 what do i do? can i appeal and if so how do i do that.The embassy here said all her paper work was right they dont no why they would tell her that. I would appreciate your help.

Well, I'm confused. A B1/B2 visa is for a visit. An F1 visa is for a student. Someone has their wires crossed somewhere. Maybe studies were mentioned in the application in Bangkok, even though it was a visit application ?

Was she actually refused the visa ? If so, what was on the refusal letter as the reason for the refusal ?

Edited by VisasPlus

Was she actually refused the visa ? If so, what was on the refusal letter as the reason for the refusal ?

The wide majority of the time, the reason given is indecipherable, in that you don't know what you could have submitted or said that would have changed the refusal. But also, by far most of the time, the reason given is that the applicant couldn't guarantee he/she wouldn't overstay the visit and become an illegal in the US. My girlfriend, who had a house and car in her name, a college degree, and a job of many years as an office manager, and had no desire whatever to move to the States, was refused a tourist visa at the Embassy in Bangkok three times in a row. We could never get a straight answer as to why this was. The last time she heard the translator (needed because the "consular official" interviewing her spoke less than adequate Thai) suggest in English that she was a prostitute. She refuses to apply again, as you might imagine. Both of us felt badly served. I have been told that the "consular officials" are told to assume the applicant "guilty" until proven "innocent" by some unnamed documentation. Apparently they want to ensure the women either are very rich or have a child they're leaving behind for the trip. Who knows, they won't tell you what it is, exactly! But it's up to the interviewer, and most women don't get visas. I have also heard that it's easier to get one if you do it as part of a tour package. But basically, the U.S. policies suck big green donkey dicks and the "consular officials" have their heads up their asses, that's the problem.

The wide majority of the time, the reason given is indecipherable, in that you don't know what you could have submitted or said that would have changed the refusal. But also, by far most of the time, the reason given is that the applicant couldn't guarantee he/she wouldn't overstay the visit and become an illegal in the US. My girlfriend, who had a house and car in her name, a college degree, and a job of many years as an office manager, and had no desire whatever to move to the States, was refused a tourist visa at the Embassy in Bangkok three times in a row. We could never get a straight answer as to why this was. The last time she heard the translator (needed because the "consular official" interviewing her spoke less than adequate Thai) suggest in English that she was a prostitute. She refuses to apply again, as you might imagine. Both of us felt badly served. I have been told that the "consular officials" are told to assume the applicant "guilty" until proven "innocent" by some unnamed documentation. Apparently they want to ensure the women either are very rich or have a child they're leaving behind for the trip. Who knows, they won't tell you what it is, exactly! But it's up to the interviewer, and most women don't get visas. I have also heard that it's easier to get one if you do it as part of a tour package. But basically, the U.S. policies suck big green donkey dicks and the "consular officials" have their heads up their asses, that's the problem.

1. It doesn't matter that your GF has a house, car, college degree, and works as an office manger.

2. You are right. The ConOff assumes that your GF will not return to Thailand, therefore the burden is on her to prove that she will.

3. They don't care if the women is "rich" or who she is leaving behind.

The majority (not all) of applicants are denied when reason given for visit is to "visit my BF".

Not sure what your (or the OP's) GF is using for her reason to visit, but if she is putting down something like " visit my BF" then the ConOff will be looking at her ties to YOU, and since you are her BF and not her husband, the "red flags" come out and she is even under more scrutiny. Such applicants would be much better off stating that they wanted to visit the Grand Canyon and had funds to show to support their stay.

Unfortunately Thailand has a reputation for being a haven for human trafficking so it is very difficult for a Thai national to get a Visa to the US or most western countries for that matter, however obtaining such visa is not impossible since, Tourist visas are granted daily.

My wife who is a semester from getting her degree, is a stay at home mom, and doesn't have any substantial financial records to show other than a couple of bankbooks (which were not even looked at nor were mine) with minimal deposits was granted a 10 year tourist visa on her first attempt., but I am an American citizen who works, and resides in LOS and she is my wife, who has a son that shares dual nationality so she had very little if any reason for refusal regardless of her social standing.

Take a step back. I am sure that you along with your girlfriend can figure out why she keeps getting repeatedly denied.

Edited by mizzi39