Perhaps An Interesting Possibility

Gonzo the Face

In scanning the various threads on this forum , I see that there is one inquiring about the fine organization ' alcoholics anonymous '.

With the advent of worldwide forum somewhat like this one, there seems to be in the spawning stage, a new mental disease emerging that causes one to make statements that normally would not be made, were persons face to face.

Do you think that the time is right, or may soon be for a ' Posters Anonymous ' ???

Perhaps for those who can admit they have a disease and wish to kick the habit.

B)

alcoholics anonymous , is never easy to kick a habit good or bad unless you are able to be busy with something else .

i got so much bad habbit and after i got married most of it went missing . whhahahaah

was too busy trying to stay alive instead .

so my weird theory is such that one suffer strange habit when life is too comfortable .

if the mere fact that we can't afford food , i think the extra money spend on anyone like smoking and alcohol would not be there .

then again .

depression and lack of goal in life also pull you down .

i was once a smoker and i drink tons of alcohol . i party very hard . and i question myself why i do it .

after 8 years of spending tons of money . i woke up . i quit smoking over night . and more or less cut my dirnking level from everyday to once in a bluemoon . , i did not see myself having an addiction cos i jolly well understand why i smoke and drink ..

Good idea .

can i join in and bring a beer :)

face your fear . and you will be set free .

addiction is an excuse we made up so we can blame it on others for what we do

Gonzo the Face

In scanning the various threads on this forum , I see that there is one inquiring about the fine organization ' alcoholics anonymous '.

With the advent of worldwide forum somewhat like this one, there seems to be in the spawning stage, a new mental disease emerging that causes one to make statements that normally would not be made, were persons face to face.

Do you think that the time is right, or may soon be for a ' Posters Anonymous ' ???

Perhaps for those who can admit they have a disease and wish to kick the habit.

HEY! Is your avatar lookin' at me? Is it? Are you saying I have a problem??

Leave me alone, godammit.

And get a trim, <deleted>.

Edited by Thakkar

An issue could be that posters are already anonymous.. that's actually part of the problem.

Here's a thought: Make a sub-forum where only members can post who are logged in via their Facebook account. Then see if the standard of discussion is significantly higher..

(People tend to use their real identity on Facebook, for some reason.)

[

Gonzo, I protest. This is not a disease. It is a condition. It may or may not cause problems, depending on your attitudes

A good friend of mine used to say: ' I drink, I get drunk, I fall asleep, I wake up. I drink.... etc. No problem'.:D

Have I got this right?

Are you proposing a forum for people addicted to internet posting?

True TP, thats the way it sounds, but really a gathering of folks like the AA meetings for those who do realize that they are a little over the top in their posts. They realize they are always posting caustically, rudely or crudely....and they, too may times seem to be using an alter-ego when in real life they are really nice people...

Sort of like the caped crusaders of the comic books.....super heros in one portrayed ego and mild mannered Clark Kents in another real world.

And of course I would cater the meeting and provide the venue..... [joke]

This entire thing is not a serious proposal, just a point for discussion as there seems to be a problem being created and sooner or later , much like the youngsters start acting out the things they read, see, or experience in the mags, or on line. I do think that soon there will be disclosed some sort of violence that may be nothing more than an alater-ego moving into real life.

Edited by Gonzo the Face

They realize they are always posting caustically, rudely or crudely....and they, too may times seem to be using an alter-ego when in real life they are really nice people...

IMHO, the posters who do nothing but try to start trouble and post nonsense in order to offend others are mostly social inadequates - on-line or off - and are people that you would spot immediately and avoid in real life.

I'm afraid that therapy will not help them. There must be another solution.

DoctorNeedle.jpg

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

IMHO, the posters who do nothing but try to start trouble and post nonsense in order to offend others are mostly social inadequates - on-line or off - and are people that you would spot immediately and avoid in real life.

DoctorNeedle.jpg

Drink more alcohol and they become less annoying.:lol:

They realize they are always posting caustically, rudely or crudely....and they, too may times seem to be using an alter-ego when in real life they are really nice people...

DoctorNeedle.jpg

? You think we should grout round our bath tubs?

I suppose it could help...

SC