What Invention/Device/Thing Do Thais Need More Than Anything?

2long

The mods may want to move this to another sub-forum.

This is NOT an opportunity to have a go at our hosts, It's a genuine thread about what Thai people could really benefit from having. As the Topic description says, the item must be real and tangible. You can't post social behaviour or other such stuff.

I'll start....

Self-cancelling indicators on their motorbikes! They are on all bikes in the West and can't be THAT expensive! How often do they appear to be turning left, but are not. or are indicating to turn one way but turn the other? Or, you decide NOT to overtake them because they're indicating to turn right... for miles!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a quick thread - we've answered all three questions already in three posts:

Invention: Sarkworth - I've no idea what it is either, presumably because its not been invented.

Device: Self-inking rubber stamps for immigration

Thing: Farang partner (presumably that depends on the level of respect given to the partner by the speaker...) - I am lucky that my Thai is not sufficent to detect such ...

SC

BSA Kitemark Standard Motorcycle helmets.

would save countless lives of young riders who's potential is never realised for sake of one unlucky moment and a lack of propper protection.

> Self-cancelling indicators on their motorbikes! They are on all bikes in the West and can't be THAT expensive!

> How often do they appear to be turning left, but are not. or are indicating to turn one way but turn the other?

> Or, you decide NOT to overtake them because they're indicating to turn right... for miles!

Even more needed than a device that switches OFF the indicator is one that foresees sudden jerks to the left, right or any other direction and switches it ON to warn other motorists in time!

Self-cancelling indicators on their motorbikes! They are on all bikes in the West and can't be THAT expensive! How often do they appear to be turning left, but are not. or are indicating to turn one way but turn the other? Or, you decide NOT to overtake them because they're indicating to turn right... for miles!

See this is the confusing part for me. I followed a bloke yesterday whose left indicator was flashing but he never made a left turn. Now his indicator flashing must mean that at some point in the past he'd used it to indicate his intention to make a turn. He suddenly made a right turn with no warning or use of indicator whatsoever.

Does it mean he plays a mental game of " rock, scissors, stone " with himself to decide if he's going to use his indicators or not at a junction?

I dunno.

BSA Kitemark Standard Motorcycle helmets.

would save countless lives of young riders who's potential is never realised for sake of one unlucky moment and a lack of propper protection.

THis is a good suggestion. Too many people think they are protected by wearing a helmet, but the thing is really worthless.

Hey Heng, I know about probability but I still bought two tickets. I'm going to win several million Baht in few hours. :lol:

But why did you buy the other ticket?

SC

I suppose, to give to your girlfriend, to avoid giving her half the winnings. Make sure you keep track of which ticket is which...

How distressing would that be? That's put me right off gambling, that has

SC

Motion sensors on cel phones so they turn off when the phone is in motion. I can't recall all the number of Thais I see riding motorbikes with one hand while the other is holding a cel phone and the rider is talking on it.

But, the turning signal automatically turning off after so many seconds would be easier to install.

See this is the confusing part for me. I followed a bloke yesterday whose left indicator was flashing but he never made a left turn. Now his indicator flashing must mean that at some point in the past he'd used it to indicate his intention to make a turn. He suddenly made a right turn with no warning or use of indicator whatsoever.

Does it mean he plays a mental game of " rock, scissors, stone " with himself to decide if he's going to use his indicators or not at a junction?

I dunno.

It was probably on when he got on the bike, someone else left it on and he didn't want to make them lose face by turning it off :)

A airport type scanner for politicians to walk through that detects corruption and vaporizes the ones that beep, no pat down required.

There would only be about 3 politicians left in Thailand if they did that (or they would be taking more cruises)