Proof Of Residence

kirkinpattaya

I don't beleive that you can get your name put on the (blue?) house book, Farangs have to ge ta yellow one.

I guess a married guy would have to show the blue house book with the wife's name on it, the wife's ID card, and the marriage certificate?

My wife (non Thai) shows the chanote for my flat, my passport and our marriage certificate.

I don't beleive that you can get your name put on the (blue?) house book, Farangs have to ge ta yellow one.

I guess a married guy would have to show the blue house book with the wife's name on it, the wife's ID card, and the marriage certificate?

My wife (non Thai) shows the chanote for my flat, my passport and our marriage certificate.

i would have to take these documents down to the immigration office in jomtien right?

^yes, take originals as well as copies.

You might have to have the missus sign the copies of the documents as well.

Edit: and take your own passport of course, with a signed copy of the ID page and visa and entry stamp pages.

Jomtien Immigration accept a 200 Baht 'donation' for the service.

Edited by PattayaParent

Last time I needed a confirmation letter they accepted my internet bill which shows my address. I presume any bill would be acceptable as long as it shows your name and address in Thailand.

^yes, take originals as well as copies.

You might have to have the missus sign the copies of the documents as well.

Edit: and take your own passport of course, with a signed copy of the ID page and visa and entry stamp pages.

Jomtien Immigration accept a 200 Baht 'donation' for the service.

yes just back from immigration and paid a 600 baht ( donation ) so as to get a thai car and motorbike license as well as have my name on the yellowbook

You will need a copies from your passport (title page, visa page, current extension, arrival stamp, and arrival card).

You need photographs. One for the application and one for each 'certified' letter they issue to you.

If you rent, you need a copy of the rental contract.

or

If you own, a copy of the house book. Since foreigners aren't listed in the blue house book, you will also need a copy of something else to verify that you live there (like a utility bill in your name, sales contract, bank statement, etc.)

You will need the originals along with the copies, just to prove the copies were not forged. They return the originals.

The 'fee' is 200 baht per letter. It use to be 'tea money', but now it's a real fee

The Immigration Officers that work in that office are pretty helpful.

One last thing. The letters they issue, are only good for 30 days.

Edited by BB1950

You will need a copies from your passport (title page, visa page, current extension, arrival stamp, and arrival card).

You need photographs. One for the application and one for each 'certified' letter they issue to you.

or

If you own, a copy of the house book. Since foreigners aren't listed in the blue house book, you will also need a copy of something else to verify that you live there (like a utility bill in your name, sales contract, bank statement, etc.)

You will need the originals along with the copies, just to prove the copies were not forged. They return the originals.

The 'fee' is 200 baht per letter. It use to be 'tea money', but now it's a real fee

what are the individual fees for....yellow housebook that i have to pay to the amphur.... thai car drivers license and thai motorbike license that i have to pay to the motor vehicle dept?

or

So they issue receipts now?

or

So they issue receipts now?

a receipt? no they didnt issue one and only said come back monday to pick up the letters