Treat Poor Thais Like Children

Chunky1

People forget that it wasn't all that long ago that the "super polite" Japanese were running their swords through the heads of allied servicemen for sport.

People forget that it wasn't that long ago that the "super civilised" Westerners were dropping atomic bombs and incendiary devices on the heads of civilians to make a point.

You're missing a few large historical events preceding that there, buddy. Nice try though.

A better example would have been the Spanish conquistadors in S. America or the crusades.

• Like 1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Do unto others as you would have others do unto you".

Guaranteed to work at least 20% of the time since some people understand simple & common 'respect' & can also discount the 'class' & 'race' crap.The 80% who will not do this relates to the 'braindead' of society.

Edited by elkangorito

Guaranteed to work at least 20% of the time since some people understand simple & common 'respect' & can also discount the 'class' & 'race' crap.The 80% who will not do this relates to the 'braindead' of society.

Ah so that is why some foreigners accept being shafted by bar girls..........They are the 20% .......... makes sense now

Edited by 473geo

The fact that a Thai is poor is tantamount to their overall life outlook. Poverty in Thailand is a choice.

As a westerner, I'd certainly treat the parking lot security guard with the same respect that I treat the provincial governor (well, not exactly but close). But I concede that I would have to adjust my behavior if said security guard was under my direct employ.

As opposed to the Governor, who is :)

Seriously though, I understand what you're saying about the social pecking order and the acceptance of it.

It wasn't too long ago that it was very similar in the UK. Nowadays, class barriers have all but been removed but there are still some prejudices based on class. It's just that class is now more difficult to define and, even when defined, tends to have only social connotations whereas it used to have more bearing on potential career prospects, education expectations etc.

A bank manager 50 or 60 years ago would be a respected member of the community, now he/she's just some <deleted> in a suit who won't give you an overdraft! :lol:

My grandmother would never have even thought about questioning the word of a doctor and her husband was given a bigger house by the railway company because he was a clerk at the station, wore a tie and looked down his nose at everybody.

Social mobility, thankfully disappearing, but taking with it a lot of the respect that was there, much of it undeserved it has to be said, but I agree with your post about the elderly. Regarded as useless in my country.

A social pecking order has advantages and disadvantages but if you're living in a country that has one, then you need to be aware of it and understand your place within it, if you even have one! :lol:

• Like 1

Ah so that is why some foreigners accept being shafted by bar girls..........They are the 20% .......... makes sense now

Allow me to slightly reword your above comment as follows;

"Ah so that is why some bar girls accept being shafted by foreigners..........They are the 20% .......... makes sense now"

It appears as though, according to many forum posts, that many a foreigner are clearly thinking with their penis, since the other 'brain' doesn't seem to function. It therefore validates the number of idiotic 'I'm having trouble with my <insert the word girlfriend or wife, both of which were found at a bar>' posts.

These 'I'm having trouble with...' posts are usually about the foreigner being ripped off by a Thai lady.

Edited by elkangorito

Generally agree, but in the west, I'd change that to "we like to *pretend* everyone are social equals," like having a token Mexican or African American member at our country club to show how revolutionary we are.

:)

The fact that a Thai is poor is tantamount to their overall life outlook. Poverty in Thailand is a choice.

As a westerner, I'd certainly treat the parking lot security guard with the same respect that I treat the provincial governor (well, not exactly but close). But I concede that I would have to adjust my behavior if said security guard was under my direct employ.

As opposed to the Governor, who is :)

Seriously though, I understand what you're saying about the social pecking order and the acceptance of it.

It wasn't too long ago that it was very similar in the UK. Nowadays, class barriers have all but been removed but there are still some prejudices based on class. It's just that class is now more difficult to define and, even when defined, tends to have only social connotations whereas it used to have more bearing on potential career prospects, education expectations etc.

A bank manager 50 or 60 years ago would be a respected member of the community, now he/she's just some &lt;deleted&gt; in a suit who won't give you an overdraft! :lol:

My grandmother would never have even thought about questioning the word of a doctor and her husband was given a bigger house by the railway company because he was a clerk at the station, wore a tie and looked down his nose at everybody.

Social mobility, thankfully disappearing, but taking with it a lot of the respect that was there, much of it undeserved it has to be said, but I agree with your post about the elderly. Regarded as useless in my country.

A social pecking order has advantages and disadvantages but if you're living in a country that has one, then you need to be aware of it and understand your place within it, if you even have one! :lol:

The part I've emboldened is the interesting part. Where do we fit into the hierarchy?

I suspect its v low down seeing as we're referred to as 'the farang' all the time - but just how low down are we?

One thing that needs to be mentioned. If a Thai person is intelligent then they won't be poor. This is the easiest place in the world to make money if you are intelligent and speak the local language. The fact that a Thai is poor is tantamount to their overall life outlook. Poverty in Thailand is a choice.

Love of money is what makes people wealthy.

Intelligent people usually don't have the required 'love of money' to make all that much of it.

(unless you really believe teachers and professors are the most wealthy people in the world)

Most rich people are fairly shallow but cunning (IMHO).

You say "fairly shallow but cunning". I say "fairly callow but shunning". :rolleyes:

But what's in a word, anyway?

Just dont try that trick with the words "cunning stunts"! :cheesy:

"Ah so that is why some bar girls accept being shafted by foreigners..........They are the 20% .......... makes sense now"

It appears as though, according to many forum posts, that many a foreigner are clearly thinking with their penis, since the other 'brain' doesn't seem to function. It therefore validates the number of idiotic 'I'm having trouble with my <insert the word girlfriend or wife, both of which were found at a bar>' posts.

These 'I'm having trouble with...' posts are usually about the foreigner being ripped off by a Thai lady.

OOPs .......I think you missed it.......:D

OOPs .......I think you missed it.......:D

No I didn't, which is why I said what I said...to allow the people who use their penises for brains, to hopefully understand something. Mind you, no matter what is said, these people will still continue to subject themselves to childish behaviour, since they are essentially & mentally, children. :lol:

Edited by elkangorito

The only excuse for being poor in Thailand if you are an adult is laziness.

How wrong you are, again.

How come the mrs family members have degrees, with all the cost that involves and cannot find a paying job, one now trying to sell cosmetics. :rolleyes:

Laziness.

How come the mrs family members have degrees, with all the cost that involves and cannot find a paying job, one now trying to sell cosmetics. :rolleyes:

Laziness.

I'll wait for Transam to reply before issuing some negative remark against one of TV's mental giants. :lol:

Laziness.

So they are away from family, in Bangkok trying and thats lazy. Seems your last remaining brain cell is failing, and that is not an insult.

Chunky obviously has no idea about 'which way is up'...as per usual.

Edited by elkangorito

First, Chunky advocates that Thais must be treated like children.

He then suggests that Thais are after a 'meal ticket'.

Whilst I don't entirely disagree with the 2nd comment, it is abundantly clear to me that 'stupidity' lies on both sides of the coin. That is, a foreigner falling in love with the 1st or 2nd (or whatever) bargirl that he meets & then giving everything to this person.

Who is to be treated like a child? The idiot foreigner or the smart bargirl?

Edited by elkangorito

Generally agree, but in the west, I'd change that to "we like to *pretend* everyone are social equals," like having a token Mexican or African American member at our country club to show how revolutionary we are.

:)

Deliberately leaving Asians out there as part of the perceived "untermensch" mate? ;)

Edited by mca

First, Chunky advocates that Thais must be treated like children.

He then suggests that Thais are after a 'meal ticket'.

Whilst I don't entirely disagree with the 2nd comment, it is abundantly clear to me that 'stupidity' lies on both sides of the coin. That is, a foreigner falling in love with the 1st or 2nd (or whatever) bargirl that he meets & then giving everything to this person.

Who is to be treated like a child? The idiot foreigner or the smart bargirl?

The bargirl wins a few thousand bath a month from a lowlife, gets to bang an ugly fat guy every night, washes his toilet, cooks for him.

the lowlife loses his virginity, his very small bank account and has dignity for a few months of his life.

The farang clearly wins in this. Back home he'd have saved a little money(lets face it anyone with a good salary in the west can find someone interested in money there that is a 6 or 7/10) but he'd die a virgin and alone.

Now after losing his money he can start over with more confidence and hopefully he'll grow out of his lowlife to a wonderfull life. She,ll still be a whore paying for her khao pat by opening her legs to oldmen