Searching For A Good Isp In Khon Kaen

bigboss2005

hi there :D ,

we are looking for a good and not too expensive internet service provider (isp) in khon kaen (north-eastern thailand [isaan]). is there anybody who can give us any suggestions ?

we have heared about the new promotions of the isp KSC. are there any experiences yet about it or about the KSC itself ?

thanks in advance.

bigboss :o

hi there  :D ,

we are looking for a good and not too expensive internet service provider (isp) in khon kaen (north-eastern thailand [isaan]). is there anybody who can give us any suggestions ?

we have heared about the new promotions of the isp KSC. are there any experiences yet about it or about the KSC itself ?

thanks in advance.

bigboss  :o

Hi Boss

I assume your looking for ADSL? you will need a phone line already to get this.

If you have a line already from say, TOT you need to get ADSL from them.

I have just moved into a new home and did not have a phone line so i had TT&T come and do the install. 4,000 baht all in. TT&T's office is facing Mitaphap Rd in the same building as tesco lotus. a good reliable package to go for is the 2mb link for 1000 plus vat per month. avoid cheappromotions like maxnet, these are garbage and the subject of much grumbling elsewhere on TVFORUM.

If you just want dial up, i have no idea!

generally it's better to have the most expensive package you can afford, as in the poor Isaan region there wont be too many thai subscribers. They are heavy users of e-donkey and similar progs that chew up bandwidth.

Hope this helps !!!

hi thaipwriter,

thanks for your reply and the details. you are right, we are looking primary for adsl but also open minded for any other good ideas/offers.

right now we are having adsl on a tt&t-telephone line. we have an 1-year contract with an isp called i-san.net for unlimited surving for our internet cafe. this contract will end soon and because of that we are looking for other offers.

you said something about a 2mb line for 1000 thb excl. vat a month? is this for dial-up (extra charge ??) or for unlimited internet use ? i have read something about such offers from TRUE but all the people who subscriped this service are really pissed-off (as i could read). what is my advantage when i have a 2mb-line from my home/office to my isp and the internet gateway is tooo slow ?

can you please give me some details about the tt&t-offer (are you using this by yourself ?)?

if you have further suggestions it would be very nice to tell me ... we are looking for someboday to share experience about internet provider in khon kaen.

thanks

bigboss2005

hi thaipwriter,

thanks for your reply and the details. you are right, we are looking primary for adsl but also open minded for any other good ideas/offers.

right now we are having adsl on a tt&t-telephone line. we have an 1-year contract with an isp called i-san.net for unlimited surving for our internet cafe. this contract will end soon and because of that we are looking for other offers.

you said something about a 2mb line for 1000 thb excl. vat a month? is this for dial-up (extra charge ??) or for unlimited internet use ? i have read something about such offers from TRUE but all the people who subscriped this service are really pissed-off (as i could read). what is my advantage when i have a 2mb-line from my home/office to my isp and the internet gateway is tooo slow ?

can you please give me some details about the tt&t-offer (are you using this by yourself ?)?

if you have further suggestions it would be very nice to tell me ... we are looking for someboday to share experience about internet provider in khon kaen.

thanks

bigboss2005

Hi

The package i use right now is the Maxnet 512 offer for 790+vat. this is garbage and i will stop it when the month that i paid for is finished. there are other threads on maxnet issues and if you search you will see how many people are unhappy!

The package i will move to is being used by a german friend of mine who lives nearby, he is a meticulous kind of guy and good service is important to him because he works over the web. the package is CAT HI-Net 2048 and is not a special offer. its 999+vat a month or 1069 inc. he says its very stable and quick, if its good enough for him it's good enough for me!

The main issue that i can see here is that you are a business user and TT&T will probably not give you a domestic package into your business location. this means you have to pay more for a business package basically.

All the ISP's are as bad as each other so it seems, they just re-sell bandwith from CAT.

Thats about all the info i have, Ive only been on line in my house for 3 weeks!

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Business lines are much more expensive, I have read some weeks ago it's around 1Bt/min ay TOT! For a 1024 ADSL connection. True has been mentioned as 0,5Bt/min.

But all of them are quite unreliable in KKC.

Maybe you should wait until Shin's new baby is in the orbit and working (in around 1 month). The bandwith should be better then. TOT already has a contract with them.