500 Baht For An Electric Plug Said The Drunken Bib

Lammbock

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Baht 500 sounds reasonable enough to me, considering loss of business until the gal can get a new power strip, and that a half decent one costs baht 250 or more anyway.

Mac

:lol: Half decent one, the one he ran over was a 69 baht tesco job, what makes you think that they will replace it with a half decent one :lol: .

I'm wondering where the power plug was before all this started, perhaps laying on the driveway, waiting to be run over? :rolleyes:

Well according to the OP her noodle sales were slow so maybe she had a box full of power leads to throw in the road under every car.............nah thats too expensive she will keep using the same one over and over.....

I am amazed at some of the posts: the OP drove over a plug (which I think is easy to not see) and some people assume that is is a drunk whore monger that runs over kids. Give the guy some slack. He makes it clear that he wasn't pissed off about the 500 Baht but about the drunk BIB.

So you would call your high ranking BIB connection because you ran over an electric plug and don't want to part with 500b? Let's face it, this is a thread for farang ki noks only. :whistling:

Bit heavy Chunky.... farang ki nok = bird shit farang.

Chunky1, as you love Thais so much why don't you just give all your money to some Thai beggar on the street, ki nok <deleted>, I work in the Oil & Gas game and earn a good wage but would not be giving out my money willy nilly for some stupid scam...get a life

• Like 1

Lammbock, what absolutely disgraceful actions from yourself.

You should know full well that there was a plug in the road. It is a road after all, where else would you expect to find a plug. If you had been more careful and been looking out for plugs in the road then this would never have happened. You should always creep along incredibly slowly in case you should encounter a plug in t.he road and where possible you should stop, get out and completely check the road ahead for plugs

Imagine the stress that you must have caused that nice lady. She was absolutely right to leave her plug in the road, who on earth would expect a car to actually come along and run it over. What were you even doing in the road in the first place? You should know by now that everybody drives on the pathway. I think it's only fair that you were charged such a massive mark-up for a new plug.

And what if it was not for that nice, responsible drunk policeman? That lady would have had to replace the plug herself with another that is just as cheap as the broken one and maybe even consider putting the new plug somewhere that some horrible farang is unlikely to destroy by actually driving on the road.

Awful behaviour, I suspect that you are also the type of character that is so inconsiderate that you blind people by actually turn your car lights on just so that people can see you at night.

Edited by Moonrakers
  • Like 1

Lammbock, what absolutely disgraceful actions from yourself.

He's a criminal and had to pay, simple. rolleyes.gif

A Thai guy would have paid the same without thinking he was discriminated against, then again, he's probably not desperately paranoid and thinks everything Thai is out to get him.

Sorry guys. Anyone who says 500 baht is fair is completely and totally wrong!

The correct action would simply have been to strip the wires, twisted them directly onto the plug (make sure you are wearing rubber shoes when you do this) and hand the cop 100 baht.

Period. End of story. And tell him politely that it is inappropriate to leave a live electrical outlet in the middle of the road, that you are feeling generous today, but if you see this happen again you will file a complaint against him for violating the electrical code. (There probably isn't one of course, but if you act like you know what you are talking about most of the time they are too afraid of losing face to tell you that they don't know what code you are talking about.)

I refuse to believe that with all the Thais sitting around, not one of them knew how to wire up the electrical plug. This was a scam pure and simple.

If you say this was fair, you are wrong. End of story.

Perfectly fair.

The plug, cables, noodle stands and car were all in the private parking area, not the public road. Perfectly fair.

The policeman was almost certainly off duty and he has as much right to drink as anyone else - at least there is nothing to show he was driving. He showed his warrant card, showed the damage Lammbock had done , and gave him the option of replacing what he had broken or paying a reasonable price for a new one plus a small amount for lost business and inconvenience. Perfectly fair.

A farang comes out of a beer bar at 11 o'clock on a Saturday night, gets in his car and drives straight over an extension lead in the private car park next to some noodle stalls, gets shirty about having to pay for the plug, whinges because an off-duty policeman sees the incident and acts appropriately, forgets that if the policeman had wanted to be nasty he could have called an on-duty policeman to breathalyse him when he drove off, then complains about it on TV, and some posters sympathise. Perfectly normal.

@saraburioz

Please turn off your computer.

:lol:

I second that, Saraburioz is the poster child for the mentally disabled at this point. what a tard.

You know, reading through this thread... I couldnt help but throw up a bit in my mouth..... several times. So much thai apologist bullshit insanity on here its hard to believe half of you are serious, and yet... you are. Absolutely incredible.