Living Near Buriram

sefty

Morning Chaps

Presently living in Hua Hin but i`m considering a move up to the Gf moo baan 45mins drive from Buriram. This will be my 5th visit (totalling around 2 months).

At present my thai is basic but is improving, my khmer is non existent !

One of my concerns is boredom so i`m looking down the smallholding (up to 10 rai) route to keep me occupied. I have picked up on various threads (frogs,ducks,fruit trees,veggies) regarding this and would like to make contact with anyone who would show me their setup as i`m in buriram on the 15th of this month.

Cheers.

Sorry , you are North-East, I am South, a helluva distance from me. But ,hopefully you will get someone close to where you live who can help. are there any Farang in Satuek you can find?That maybe a good start.Like in a bar?Or walking around your big weekly market.Ours is on a Monday. Some suggestions-Cassava(Mun Sumpalung) is very good money, now.Rubber trees are also very good. If you can plant in your area.For the first approx. 4 years , you can interplant with Mun. They take 7 years before you can tap. Sugarcane is also good now, but you need to watch international supply and demand. Eucalyptus , money is Bad. In our area, we no longer grow vegies, used to many years ago. Pretty much, now the 2 main crops are Rubber and Cassava.If you can I would suggest about 20 Rai as a good area to buy.If you are going to settle permanently there, you will need your own house ( on at least 1 Rai of land)on which you can garden.And escape from the rellies!!! I hope this gives you a start. Best of luck.