Newin Alleges Thaksin Behind Reported Assassination Attempts

webfact

Newin alleges Thaksin behind reported assassination attempts

With tears in his eyes, Bhum Jai Thai Party de facto leader Newin Chidchob Monday begged former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra to stop harming Thailand and Thai people.

Newin alleged that Thaksin was behind the alleged training of gunmen in a neighbouring country to assassinate important figures in Thailand.

Newin said he had learnt about the training of armed fighters for over two months and said he was among the assassination targets.

He said Thaksin had announced his readiness to support reconciliation process but he and his men were acting the otherwise.

"I would like to implore you to think about the country's peace. If you really love Thailand, please stop and please use other means to make this country peaceful," Newin said.

"You are not living miserable life abroad but Thai people are now living in difficulty because of what you are doing. So, I implore you to stop what you are doing if you really love Thailand."

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-10-04

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The other paper is saying that Newin is alleging that Thaksin is targeting him personally with an assassination contract worth 20 million baht and that the information is being derived from police interrogations of the Reds just captured in Chiang Mai from this thread:

Red Warriors Are Planning More Attacks In Thailand

Does he have the evidence to prove this?

- of course not - all just propaganda - and if he was "in tears" he was probably drunk and splashed some soda in his face to enhance the drama.

What ever lie one makes up if people hear it again and again - they start to think it is the truth.

Funny how this article in The Nation sounds compared to the one in the BP. - Newin actually never mentioned Thaksin's name.

I will never forget a little story in our textbooks in school when I was about 9.

The story was to teach us how the press is able to manipulate us just by presenting "news" in a way to support their view or incriminate others.

The pope came to visit the US and arriving in New york he stepped of the plane. Reporters where waiting and one reporter asked the pope - "your holiness will you be visiting a strip club while in New York"? - the pope thought this a very silly question and answers jokingly and surprised "are there any strip clubs in New York?"

After several other questions the pope and his entourage leave. The next morning the pope receives the newspapers and can't believe what the headline of the paper from the first repoerter he met here reads!

- FIRST QUESTION OF HIS HOLINESS THE POPE AFTER STEPPING OF THE PLANE IN THE US - "Are there any strip clubs in New york?" -

Newin is nothing but a manipulator!

• Like 1

- of course not - all just propaganda -

Could you tell us then exactly what the captured Red militants held in Chiang Mai did say during their interrogations that you attended?

Funny how this article in The Nation sounds compared to the one in the BP. - Newin actually never mentioned Thaksin's name.

when Newin said about the person trying to assassinate him, "the person is my old boss who is still politically active", who do you think he was talking about? His father, the House Speaker?

- of course not - all just propaganda - and if he was "in tears" he was probably drunk and splashed some soda in his face to enhance the drama.

What ever lie one makes up if people hear it again and again - they start to think it is the truth.

Mr Newin, who was once fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra's right-hand man, made the claim on his 52nd birthday at his residence in Buri Ram.

He said the bounty for his assassination was 20 million baht, which was related to the information from police after they arrested a group of red-shirt protesters in Chiang Mai.

Pol Maj Gen Chaiya Siriampankul, the acting commissioner of Police Region 5, which oversees the upper northern provinces,yesterday acknowledged the arrest but

refused to provide details.

Seems to be a lot of supposed information about when no details have been given.....

Mr Newin, who was once fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra's right-hand man, made the claim on his 52nd birthday at his residence in Buri Ram.

He said the bounty for his assassination was 20 million baht, which was related to the information from police after they arrested a group of red-shirt protesters in Chiang Mai.

Pol Maj Gen Chaiya Siriampankul, the acting commissioner of Police Region 5, which oversees the upper northern provinces,yesterday acknowledged the arrest but

Seems to be a lot of supposed information about when no details have been given.....

you forgot to include the bit about, "the person is my old boss who is still politically active", which prompts me to ask again, who do you guys think he was talking about?

With tears in his eyes, Bhum Jai Thai Party de facto leader Newin Chidchob Monday begged former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra to stop harming Thailand and Thai people.
"I would like to implore you to think about the country's peace. If you really love Thailand, please stop and please use other means to make this country peaceful," Newin said.

"You are not living miserable life abroad but Thai people are now living in difficulty because of what you are doing. So, I implore you to stop what you are doing if you really love Thailand."

Irrespective of the message or content whenever I read something that Newin supposedly said I get a feeling something akin to what I imagine biting into a live maggot sandwich would be like.

• Like 1

you forgot to include the bit about, "the person is my old boss who is still politically active", which prompts me to ask again, who do you guys think he was talking about?

The full quote is "I don't need to say who 'that man' is, since there is only one person. I dare to say that the person is my old boss who is still politically active," he said.

And I don't dispute who it is he is referring to. Though for such a daring man he still doesn't state the name, no stranger to lawyers this one.

I was commenting on the situation under which this statement was made and the fact that he and the press were speculating about police information despite the fact the

Acting Commissioner refused to provide details.

Evidence or no evidence you this egotistic man will do anything to bring himself to power. I think the Thai people should make referendum to tell him to go to hel_l once for all or do exactly what he is doing to Thai people to him or his family

The full quote is "I don't need to say who 'that man' is, since there is only one person. I dare to say that the person is my old boss who is still politically active," he said.

And I don't dispute who it is he is referring to. Though for such a daring man he still doesn't state the name, no stranger to lawyers this one.

I was commenting on the situation under which this statement was made and the fact that he and the press were speculating about police information despite the fact the

oh ok, I see your point on that, but I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Newin has contacts within the police force that feed him that info; Also, thanks for confirming that Newin is talking about Thaksin when he spoke of who is issuing these assassination contracts.

It'll be interesting to see what other intel will be obtained from the captured Red "warriors".

Edited by Buchholz

Strange no-one commented that Newin has allegedly known about the assassin training for two months, but has only now bleated about it upon discovering he is one of the targets after the Chiang Mai arrests.

:o:rolleyes:

It was his Birthday, people get emotional on their birthday. Picture the scene, you've just hit 52, banned from politics,

wondering what to do, have a couple of beers and then a reporter turns up and asks you how you feel. You reply, slurringly,

"And another thing, you know what effs me off?................" etc. biggrin.gif

Looks like Newin is on some really good shit. I wish I could have whatever he is on.

Isn't Newin the one who get emotional and cries undying support to whoever is in power? I don't know, but that is what my Thai buddies tell me.

It sounds like he is a cockroach that will find anyway possible to survive.

Also, thanks for confirming that Newin is talking about Thaksin when he spoke of who is issuing these assassination contracts.

Me, I'm not confirming nuffink, too many politicians with lawyers about. I will say that Newin puts forward his idea of who is involved in issuing these (until proof is provided) alleged assassination contracts. As I say he's not man enough to say the name which if he had concrete proof to back him up would be easy to do. It's far easier to infer and let the media do the rest.

the BIB may well consider informing intended victims even if the information is not released to the public

name='phiphidon' timestamp='1286185047' post='3928014']

Also, thanks for confirming that Newin is talking about Thaksin when he spoke of who is issuing these assassination contracts.

Me, I'm not confirming nuffink, too many politicians with lawyers about. I will say that Newin puts forward his idea of who is involved in issuing these (until proof is provided) alleged assassination contracts. As I say he's not man enough to say the name which if he had concrete proof to back him up would be easy to do. It's far easier to infer and let the media do the rest.

Thanks exactly my point - manipulate and infer until it looks like facts and the truth without a shred of evidence!

Thais even tell me that the whole arrest story is a setup. Having just come across a PPT story on the internet as to how Thai soldiers extracted "confessions" from some red shirt supporters in Bangkok by beating them and threatening to burn them alive then planting weapons on them and had them sign confessions to be used against red shirts in their propaganda war - now exposed by a human rights group in Bangkok - I think I believe them.

Poor Newin - it seems he does not get enough attention lately - I feel really sorry for the lying, cheating, corrupt bast...as someone pointed out he was once the right hand of Thaksin - wonder who of the two crooks is the bigger crook? Or is Newin the good guy now just because he switched sides?

Anyway TIT a life is cheap here - some it seems are more expensive - and honestly - if there is really a contract out on any of the people he mentioned - whats new? It happens all the time in this country should we all break down in tears now because it's Newin - the brave and honest fighter for democracy?

If you play with fire don't be surprised when it burns you!

Edited by Cnxforever
  • Like 1

Thanks exactly my point - manipulate and infer until it looks like facts and the truth without a shred of evidence!

Thais even tell me that the whole arrest story is a setup. Having just come across a PPT story on the internet as to how Thai soldiers extracted "confessions" from some red shirt supporters in Bangkok by beating them and threatening to burn them alive then planting weapons on them and had them sign confessions to be used against red shirts in their propaganda war - now exposed by a human rights group in Bangkok - I think I believe them.

Poor Newin - it seems he does not get enough attention lately - I feel really sorry for the lying, cheating, corrupt bast...as someone pointed out he was once the right hand of Thaksin - wonder who of the two crooks is the bigger crook? Or is Newin the good guy now just because he switched sides?

Anyway TIT a life is cheap here - some it seems are more expensive - and honestly - if there is really a contract out on any of the people he mentioned - whats new? It happens all the time in this country should we all break down in tears now because it's Newin - the brave and honest fighter for democracy?

If you play with fire don't be surprised when it burns you!

Couldn't agree more. Well said.

Of course the source of BS doesn't matter at all if the BS is what certain people want to hear.

Thais even tell me that the whole arrest story is a setup. Having just come across a PPT story on the internet as to how Thai soldiers extracted "confessions" from some red shirt supporters in Bangkok by beating them and threatening to burn them alive then planting weapons on them and had them sign confessions to be used against red shirts in their propaganda war - now exposed by a human rights group in Bangkok

Interesting stories... could we ask for the proof or links for all of that or are you trying to

manipulate and infer until it looks like facts and the truth without a shred of evidence!

• Like 2

Thais even tell me that the whole arrest story is a setup.

Of course the source of BS doesn't matter at all if the BS is what certain people want to hear.

The above is a good example of what you say.

You couldn't agree more with what anonymous poster on an internet forum said regarding un-sourced and un-cooraborated and un-verified information that others had told him.

I guess its what you want to hear, though, so it's not "BS" and is instead, "well said."

Edited by Buchholz

Thaksin is a psychopath - no reason to doubt that he is capable of this.

And Newin is what? A man of integrity that has never lied or offered up a false claim to improve his political position?I do not doubt that Newin may think there is a plot afoot. With his inflated self importance, he most likely views himself as one of the the most important people in Thailand. If and when Newin gets wacked, chances are that it will be from one of his many political enemies that probably hates Thaksin as much as he does. IMO, Newin has stepped on enough Thai toes that there is a long line at the assassins counter.

Thais even tell me that the whole arrest story is a setup.

The above is a good example of what you say.

You couldn't agree more with what an un-sourced and un-cooraborated and anonymous poster on an internet forum said that others had told him.

I guess its what you want to hear, though, so it's not "BS" and is instead, "well said."

Exactly!!! I guess we're not that different after all ;)

Are newspaper reports any better than hearsay? Quite often, no.

Buchholz, evidence is not important.

Just like the 20 UDD bodies in 2009 weren't important. Everyone knows the army did it (although you may be wondering, like me... did what?).

Just like the evidence against the "murderous army"... who murdered armed insurgents in cold blood just because they were shooting RPGs at soldiers.

Just like the EVIDENCE that the UDD were killing their own. "Which side is Seh Daeng on?", said the third-row UDD supporter on camera.

Thais even tell me that the whole arrest story is a setup. Having just come across a PPT story on the internet as to how Thai soldiers extracted "confessions" from some red shirt supporters in Bangkok by beating them and threatening to burn them alive then planting weapons on them and had them sign confessions to be used against red shirts in their propaganda war - now exposed by a human rights group in Bangkok

Interesting stories... could we ask for the proof or links for all of that or are you trying to

manipulate and infer until it looks like facts and the truth without a shred of evidence!

Here it is

Siam Voices blog

By Andrew SpoonerAs Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva heads to Europe in a further attempt to gloss over Thailand’s increasingly poor human rights reputation, an account outlining torture, beatings and coercion by the Thai Army against Red shirt pro-democracy activists has emerged.

The chilling account (published, exclusively, by Asian Correspondent) in which Mr. Krissana Tanchayaphong (34), Mr.Surachai Pringphong (19) and an undisclosed male minor (under 18), allege that masked Thai Army soldiers pointed rifles at their heads, beat them, threw petrol and oil over them, choked them until they almost passed out and repeatedly attempted to force them to sign false confessions, portrays a damning indictment of PM Abhisit's worsening human rights' record.

The account, produced by both Mr. Krissana's legal team and the Social Move Assembly (สมัชชาสังคมก้าวหน้า), a Bangkok-based human rights group co-ordinated by activist Chaiwat Trakanratsanti, states.

“Mr. Krissana Tanchayaphong, Mr.Surachai Pringphong [and the minor] were arrested by soldiers around 9pm on May 16, 2010.

They left the Red Shirts demonstration at Ratchaprasong at around 8pm and first went to fetch their car which was parked at Pratunwan intersection and then drove to Soi Chula 12 (Prayathai Road). They were heading to Watchaimongkol, Rama I road where Surachai’s residence is.

Surachai and Krissana were members of an intellectual group that drew most of its support from university students and which backed the Red Shirts’ call for Abhisit’s govt to dissolve parliament.”

The account then states that the three men drove to Soi Chula 12 where they were stopped at an army checkpoint. After getting calmly out of the car they were suddenly surrounded by a large group of up to 20 armed soldiers who began searching them.

“The soldiers seized their cameras and mobile phones and then tied their arms behind their backs. They were ordered to kneel down and face the wall.”

While kneeling a soldier asked “do you know anything about the Red Shirt demonstration?” , “Who is the core Red Shirt guards?”, “Where the weapons have been hidden?” The account also alleges that during this interrogation a group of soldiers were pointing guns to the heads of the three men at all times. In response to the questioning Mr. Krissana told the soldiers that he didn’t have such information; he was just an ordinary citizen who joined and supported the Red Shirt demonstration.

It is at this point in the account that a masked Thai soldier appears and the questioning takes a decidedly sinister turn.

“Then, after Mr. Krissana said he didn’t have such information another soldier with a black mask on came into the room. The soldier was threatening them by saying if they didn’t tell the truth, he would start choking them. But the three men still insisted they didn’t have such information. The soldier with the black mask on then started to choke them. Mr. Krissanna also added that the solider used two fingers to choke him and he felt he was struggling to stay conscious. The other two men were also choked, kicked and soldiers walked on their backs. This lasted about 45 minutes in total ...and the soldiers also video recorded everything during the interrogation.”

The account goes on to state that another soldier then appeared who the other soldiers saluted as he walked in. Mr. Krissana assumed this soldier was a higher-ranking officer. The “higher-ranking” officer then soaked the bodies and faces of the three men in a liquid substance that Mr. Krissana assumed was either oil or petrol.

“After [the “higher-ranking” officer] finished, he stepped back from the three men about one metre away and then lit the lighter.”

The account at this point makes very uncomfortable reading as it alleges that threats were then issued to the three men that they would be burned alive if they didn’t provide information required by the soldiers.

Obviously fearing for their lives, the three men were then forced to sign a confession that they were engaged in violent acts. The account then states that weapons were then planted among the three mens’ belongings.

On May 17, Mr. Krissana and Mr. Surachai, despite protesting their innocence in court, were sentenced to one years’ imprisonment by the Patum Thani municipal court. They are currently incarcerated at Klong Prem Prison.

The fate of the minor remains unknown.

A full Thai version of this account is available here http://thailandsolidarity.blogspot.com/2010/10/blog-post.html

Unquote

The other paper is saying that Newin is alleging that Thaksin is targeting him personally with an assassination contract worth 20 million baht and....

Hmmm...........twenty MILLION baht!! Where does this Newin guy hangout? Just wondering....

No, no! Bad! Very bad. Not cool, very evil. Bad...Very bad...