Pay-pal + Ebay

I believe you can get a limited Pay-Pal account from Thailand in that you can pay money in and use received money to pay for other goods.

As I understand it, you can also have funds within PayPal paid into an American bank account?

If that is the case, does that account have to be in your name or can it be in anyone's name.

Got a friend willing to open an account in the USA and send the ATM card etc. to me but will that work??

dog

I believe you can get a limited Pay-Pal account from Thailand in that you can pay money in and use received money to pay for other goods.

As I understand it, you can also have funds within PayPal paid into an American bank account?

If that is the case, does that account have to be in your name or can it be in anyone's name.

Got a friend willing to open an account in the USA and send the ATM card etc. to me but will that work??

dog

It shouldn't make any difference, it'll work anywhere you can get a connection

PayPal ...

There are other alternative electronic payment systems available, with credibility and acceptance if you want to shop around. The real problem is that the Ministry of Finance is paranoid about another attack on the Baht (something that happens to most countries at one point or another) and the slug of non-performing loans they keep rolling over.

They could get things back on track if they'd simply open the property market and sell *anything* for real money instead of pretending that nothing ever changes. With credibility back in the banking system, electronic access/aqcceptance wouldn't be far behind. :o

PayPal require an address verified by a Credit Card.

They have only just allowed people living in Thailand to even open an account.

When I made an inquiry I was informed that you could only have a limited account if you lived in Thailand. ( Pay money in, receive payment into your PayPal account and use that money to make other purchases, which I do not need to do, but you are unable to withdraw funds unless through an american bank account)

I want a system that can run easily with Ebay and Ebid, the majority of buyers seem to hold a PayPal account and are willing to use that system.

If anyone knows of an alternative means of taking online payments that does not charge you so much as to make it worthless I would love to hear about it.

The odd one or two I have found work out to between 17 & 22 % of the purchase price.

dog

Have you tried moneybookers.com? If you have a UK bank account (including the Channel Islands) and/or credit card, they are easy to use no matter where you are located. You can load and withdraw funds using either your account or the card. Not quite so straightforward if you don't bank in the UK or have a none UK credit card, though.

You might also have a look at iKobo and epassporte.

Hi Dog, just a quick one cos i'm pissed.

tried the same with a friend from usa, acc closed after 9 days.

i've been trading on feebay for 5 years from LOS, 3 diff PAYUPPAL acounts, will post more tomorrow.

Cheers cock!

Edited by mcfester

It will work better if the ebay & Paypal A/C are both in your friends name. If the Paypal A/C is in your name the Bank A/C must also be in your name. A Company in BKK called thaiEpay will accept payment from ebay customers and transfere the money into your Thai Bank A/C, but I dont know what they are like. If you have a UK bank A/C open up a UK paypal A/C and transfere the funds into that but you must also have a UK credit card. In saying this be very carefull of Paypal as they will freeze your A/C for next to no reason. :o A good place to check out other payment companys is ( www.paypalsucks.com ) and go to the forum "Other company Alternatives" also check out " Paypal nightmares" and then you can see how dangerious paypal can be. Spend some time on this forum and you wont want a paypal A/C. Be carefull on which one you decide as there are a lot of scams out there. Good luck.

I tried registering with Paypal, but they e-mailed me back saying my password was incorrect. Now I KNOW it was not.

What was even more disturbing was that the e-mail came with a message from Microsoft saying this e-mail has not been verified (I am sure a lot of others have seen this message, so I am reluctant to pursue it. Has anybody else had this problem. They said in the message I would have to phone the USA to get it corrected. Is this right?

Cheers

TP

it's a scam - forward the entire email including the headers to [email protected] and they will confirm it

speaking of scams.. I got one of those spoof scam emails this morning and

went to the website and entered dozens of garbage account numbers and bank accounts just to make them work for their money. However what is more disturbing is that ebay alert monitor i installed thats supposed to spot spoofing didnt work!

Im using Papay currently for my online transaction.....You can only withdraw money from paypal Via Cheques....

There's alot of scam about paypal if you search on googles you will get alot of info's on paypal....There is a story saying that paypal will debit your credit without you being alerted....

It happens to me years ago on my old paypal account...there is a credit of $5 left but after so long not loggin in the account i notice that the $5 is gone...but i never made any complaints as it was only $5....

ive closed the account last year and now have a new A/C

• 2 weeks later...
Im using Papay currently for my online transaction.....You can only withdraw money from paypal Via Cheques....

not ONLY

for USA customers there is PayPal ATM or debit card option. we use it here in Bangkok and in Malaysia so far , already almost 1 year - works smoothly, can withdraw from any ATM (daily limit 400$ and PP fee 1$ per draw) and can use for shopping as MasterCard or Visa Electron which doesn't require PIN code input (no fees, instead - cashreturn bonus ; daily spend limit - 3000$ ). at least it is much better than fees charged by Western Union or banks for international wire transfer.

my friend who has his eBay and PP accounts registered in Japan couldn't get it - reply was "only for USA residents". although may be for UK it works already - donno about other countries.

would like to hear from those who know better services though - I have no doubts there must be some. please tell your experience - do they offer more "user friendly" options ?