Dr. Pepper!

lukeskywalker

Today is a wonderful day! I found cans of Dr. Pepper at Rimping supermarket in San Sai. It is by far my favorite soda in the world, and I have not had a taste of it in over 5 years. So I bought a fat steak with the trimmings and will have a delicious dinner tonight washed down with some beautiful Dr. Pepper. Ahhhhh....

BTW, be prepared to pay the price 58 THB/can (aka $2/can) :-( I tried to buy a case hoping for cheaper per can price, but no go.

Enjoy!!

Lukeskywalker - "Today is a wonderful day! I found cans of Dr. Pepper at Rimping supermarket in San Sai. It is by far my favorite soda in the world, and I have not had a taste of it in over 5 years.

Isn't it great when you stumble across something like that.biggrin.gif

Lukeskywalker - "Today is a wonderful day! I found cans of Dr. Pepper at Rimping supermarket in San Sai. It is by far my favorite soda in the world, and I have not had a taste of it in over 5 years.

Isn't it great when you stumble across something like that.:D

58 Baht a can for Dr pepper would get you kicked out of the Cheap Charlie club.:D

Isn't Dr pepper a Pepsi product?

Lukeskywalker - you get as excited as you dam_n well please over whatever you please and enjoy.........I presume you bought it with your own money, so it's no one else's business, they just want to rain on your parade.

Would Cheap Charlie pay that price for a Dr Pepper.....not for Dr Pepper it's not my 'cup of tea'. Maybe I would if it's something I haven't had for years and really liked. Coke for example, if I hadn't seen a Coke for 5 years and then stumbled across one for 50 Baht, I'd be highly delighted and probably buy a few cases.

After all Cheap Charlie did build a big house very close to town, by the river, just because he liked the location.

Some things are worth paying that little bit extra for, but many others simply are not.

Never judge a book by its cover.tongue.gif

Lukeskywalker - you get as excited as you dam_n well please over whatever you please and enjoy.........I presume you bought it with your own money, so it's no one else's business, they just want to rain on your parade.

Would Cheap Charlie pay that price for a Dr Pepper.....not for Dr Pepper it's not my 'cup of tea'. Maybe I would if it's something I haven't had for years and really liked. Coke for example, if I hadn't seen a Coke for 5 years and then stumbled across one for 50 Baht, I'd be highly delighted and probably buy a few cases.

After all Cheap Charlie did build a big house very close to town, by the river, just because he liked the location.

Some things are worth paying that little bit extra for, but many others simply are not.

I'm glad someone has their head correctly placed on their shoulders. :D

I'll take Dr.P any day over coke, fish and chips, red dots and green dots wine and chess.:lol:

I'll take Dr.P any day over coke, fish and chips, red dots and green dots wine and chess.:lol:

Or even some cheese whilst you are playing chess wink.gif

Or even some cheese whilst you are playing chess wink.gif

:lol: :lol:

I don't get the Dr. Pepper thing. It tastes good, but so do A&W Rootbeer and Coke and they only cost something like 12 baht.

I lived in Canada for 7 years and could never get used to AW Rootbeer, to me it tastes like some kind of mouthwash.

I did like AW burgers, though that was many moons ago.

I don't get the Dr. Pepper thing. It tastes good, but so do A&W Rootbeer and Coke and they only cost something like 12 baht.

I lived in Canada for 7 years and could never get used to AW Rootbeer, to me it tastes like some kind of mouthwash.

Moons, moons did you say moons!! RC Cola and Moon Pies.:D

they have a rimping supermarket in San Sai?

Meechok Plaza and yes that is San Sai. 1001 or Maejo road.

Thank you. I guess San Sai is really huge.

The Amphur of San Sai is one of the largest amphurs in northen Thailand. Most farangs only think of San Sai west of Maejo to 1he 121 and highway 118 north to the 1001.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Sai_District

Edited by gotlost

Defensive aren't we.

:jap:

Edited by jayjay0

The first one in a frosty mug was heavenly. After that it was just root beer.:lol:

That probably has something to do with usually drinking warm beer. :D

You must have us confused with Brits. Being a Canuck I know many and no self respecting Candian drinks warm beer. If you do, or offer warm beer to someone, it is usually met with 'What are you, a Brit?"