Rottweiler Puppy Wanted

Why a rottweilewer? They are killer dogs..Banned in so many countries.You are endangering other people.So many other breeds ,surely could be classed as Mans Best Friend.

I had one. He would lick you to death.:lol:

I also plan on another.

Edited by Gonsalviz

Why a rottweilewer? They are killer dogs..Banned in so many countries.You are endangering other people.So many other breeds ,surely could be classed as Mans Best Friend.

I had one. He would lick you to death.:lol:

I also plan on another.

I have one too, she has an amazingly sweet temperament, is great with people (adults, kids and my 4 month old baby), great with other dogs (even when they try to bite her) and has never shown any aggression towards anything or anyone. There's a lot more I can say but people like 'afarang' have already made their mind up so there's no point.

Good luck to the OP in finding a suitable puppy, meet the parents if you can before you buy. With training and socialization when young they are the best dog in the world!

Thanks I had a look at that one but no answer.

Samui would be good, I'm in Krabi.

Thanks for the help. If you could get the phone number or email that would be great.

Might take a few days - I have to remember where I saw the advert. I'll get back to you

I seem to remember passing a Rotty kennels somewhere near Thungyai/Chawang/Wiangsa (Nakhonsithammarat/Krabi border)a few years ago. Unfortunately, I can't remember exactly where they were.

The last Rotty I got was from Chattujak Market in Bangkok. Turned out to be a beauty too.

As for other places, Google: Ratchburi and kennels.

Edited by South

found one in Surat, apparently the puppy will be born around the 26th of October, guess then 6 to 8 weeks with the bitch before it will be part of our family here :) .

Congratulations! Did you get to meet the parents? I'm sure you know already but make sure he/she has LOTS of socialization between 6-12 weeks, take it everywhere you can and let it experience as many different smells/noises/places etc as possible. They are fantastic dogs and very sociable, good to see it will be part of your family and not used as a neglected and unhappy guard-dog. Enjoy!

thanks for the heads up, yes the plan is that it will live with us and go with me whenever possible and not just to be used as guard dog, I'd like him to be a social dog yet also guarding over both me and wifey :)

Like most dogs they are natural guard dogs, especially the home, so won't need any sort of extra training. We took ours everywhere with us during the first couple of months that we had her so that she got used to as many different situations as possible and met as many people as possible. If possible try and give her plenty of time around children too, it was easy for me as I'm a teacher and my neighbours kids wanted to play with her as well.

This constant socialization during the dogs very important first 12-16 weeks, together with basic training, should result in a perfect family pet that also deters any would-be intruder/attacker with it's natural protection instinct.

Just noticed you're getting a male which are much bigger/stronger than the female, good idea to nueter him but that's a new topic in itself!

Edited by skybluestu

Congrats on your (soon-to-be) new addition to your family. My male rott (RIP)was an absolute teddy bear, but had a clear personal space concerning strange adults. With children he had great patience. I never had him neutered. It took some training, but after his puberties he would first look at me, as in asking for permission to go to the female in heat.

Before you decide to neuter your large breed dog before mental maturity (about 2 1/2 years of age), please, read the following article and the link that are mentioned, and then make up your mind: http://www.luckydogs.info/pdf/Web_-_Spaying_or_neutering_-_Pro_s_and_Con_s.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...