Red-Shirt Militants Scouted Leaders Home: Suthep

webfact

ASSASSINATION PLOT?

Red militants 'scouted leaders' home' : Suthep

Alleged "red-shirt militants" had secretly located the homes of national leaders on pre-mission trips for the planned assassination of key figures, Deputy PM Suthep Thaugsuban said yesterday.

A total of 39 men had received training locally and abroad on how to use several kinds of war weapons, Suthep told the Democrat Party meeting, noting he was one of the targets. "They visited my house alone, twice."

Other targets included Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva, Foreign Minister Kasit Piromya, former Army chief General Anupong Paochinda, Defence Minister Prawit Wongsuwan and the PM's spokesman Thepthai Senpong, he said.

Chiang Mai police, meanwhile, said they had not detained 11 men for suspicious weapons training at a resort, but were providing protection - allegedly at the men's request - because they feared "being silenced". A 12th man with ties to the 11 was arrested earlier.

Police treatment of the men seemed unusually lenient after their public statement on Monday that their activities were deemed to be a threat to national security.

The Department of Special Investigation said it should take over the inquiry if the 12 men were found involved in crimes against the monarchy or acts of terror. DSI chief Tharit Phengdit said the department was trying to verify the alleged crimes before deciding what to do.

Separately, a red-shirt man arrested and fined Bt500 on Monday for a bomb hoax against Siriraj Hospital now faces a heavier charge: making a threat against His Majesty. Such an offence would carry a lengthy jail term if he is convicted.

Police said it was common knowledge that His Majesty is receiving treatment at Siriraj Hospital.

Suriyan Kokpuey, 29, has been in police custody and is due to be indicted today.

Police in Ayutthaya arrested a shoe vendor for violating the state of emergency by selling flip-flops with the images of Abhisit and Suthep on each side. Shop owner Amornwal Jaroenkit said she bought 300 pairs during the red-shirt protests in May. She was charged with distributing a statement deemed detrimental to state security.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-10-06

A state of paranoia?

"They visited my house alone, twice." How do you know, why was something not done about it?

Another criminal element off the streets:

"Police in Ayutthaya arrested a shoe vendor for violating the state of emergency by selling flip-flops with the images of Abhisit and Suthep on each side. Shop owner Amornwal Jaroenkit said she bought 300 pairs during the red-shirt protests in May. She was charged with distributing a statement deemed detrimental to state security."

Oops:

"Chiang Mai police, meanwhile, said they had not detained 11 men for suspicious weapons training at a resort, but were providing protection - allegedly at the men's request - because they feared "being silenced". A 12th man with ties to the 11 was arrested earlier."

Too much speculation, poor reporting and inflammatory headlines is not helping the situation one bit.

This lovely country is heading for another year where they are likely to make themselves look stupid in the eyes of the world.

Thank goodness for record exports and a booming stock market.

I wonder how many Thai's really believe this barrage of of accusations against the 'Red Shirts." I asked my g/f who works at a major company in Silom. She said people do not give opinions easily at work out of fear. She did say however that the vast majority of rank and file workers in her company leaned toward the "red shirt.; Myself I do not know what to believe. I know some Thai's think the government makes up a lot of stuff and maybe even set off a few grenades to try to bring support to them. Who knows anymore. After watching the Abhisit's backed military government shot down 91 people most unarmed, including women in the Middle of Bangkok I lack any faith in the present Government. Now the new top General has stated that he will protect the 'status quo' All I see in Thailand's future now in confrontation and confusion. If the red shirt's goal is only supporting ' Thaksin" and not real economic and social change in Thailand then who do you choose? Certainly not Thaksin, but I see no one coming forward who is not bound by the corruption and graft that is rampant in Thailand. The constant media propaganda war by the government against it's opponents does not help anything. Possibly the government is trying to do some good things, but their credibility was lost in shooting of 91 people. Many Thai's will not forget that.

a red-shirt man arrested and fined Bt500 on Monday for a bomb hoax against Siriraj Hospital now faces a heavier charge: making a threat against His Majesty. Such an offence would carry a lengthy jail term if he is convicted

Seems as if this Red took Arisaman's threats to heart:

Here's just one example of "spew out violence-inciting lies and hatred" (get a Thai friend to translate if you don't understand Thai):

Here is the description by the one who uploaded the video to YouTube

Starts with a comment that Abhisit and Prem are intimate and ends by saying that Suthep's list of sensitive targets will be wiped off the face of Thailand if Redshirts are injured by government.

And yes, that list includes Siriraj Hospital, among other things.

Now, to the UDD supporters, it's your turn to show us something equivalently offensive from the current government.

According to Arisaman on this video, his list of targets for burning are:

Siriraj Hospital,

All Muslim Mosques,

Government House,

Important Ministries,

Airports,

Rajavithi Road,

Bridges,

Bank of Thailand,

Commercial Banks,

Military Barracks,

Court of Justice,

and NGO's

will all be destroyed.

His retort is:

"Not one of these will remain standing."

I wonder how many Thai's really believe this barrage of of accusations against the 'Red Shirts." I asked my g/f who works at a major company in Silom. She said people do not give opinions easily at work out of fear. She did say however that the vast majority of rank and file workers in her company leaned toward the "red shirt.; Myself I do not know what to believe. I know some Thai's think the government makes up a lot of stuff and maybe even set off a few grenades to try to bring support to them. Who knows anymore. After watching the Abhisit's backed military government shot down 91 people most unarmed, including women in the Middle of Bangkok I lack any faith in the present Government. Now the new top General has stated that he will protect the 'status quo' All I see in Thailand's future now in confrontation and confusion. If the red shirt's goal is only supporting ' Thaksin" and not real economic and social change in Thailand then who do you choose? Certainly not Thaksin, but I see no one coming forward who is not bound by the corruption and graft that is rampant in Thailand. The constant media propaganda war by the government against it's opponents does not help anything. Possibly the government is trying to do some good things, but their credibility was lost in shooting of 91 people. Many Thai's will not forget that.

Besides the fact that your figure of 91 includes about 10 soldiers killed (and 400 injured) by the "mostly unarmed" protesters, I tend to agree.

The current government is by no means perfect, but the idea of going back to Thaksin is laughable.

Besides the fact that your figure of 91 includes about 10 soldiers killed (and 400 injured) by the "mostly unarmed" protesters, I tend to agree.

The current government is by no means perfect, but the idea of going back to Thaksin is laughable.

and yet that's precisely what both the Reds AND Pheu Thai want:

quote:

The group has been campaigning for red shirt supporters to vote for the opposition Pheu Thai Party in the next general election in order to bring former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra back to Thailand.

unquote.

Weren't a few people saying that the red shirts weren't about Thaksin?

Yes, there have been several saying that. There are also some saying that Pheu Thai Party isn't connected to the Reds or to Thaksin.

It's amazing how many multiple postings of those three erroneous assertions can get dispelled with a few simple lines from the Reds themselves.

Pheu Thai Party Deputy Party Leader Surapong Towijakchaikun added that Thaksin, the Party’s policy maker, was still well-respected in the Party given he was an integral part of Pheu Thai and the Party could not do without him.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2010-09-30 footer_n.gif

Edited by Buchholz

Suthep must think : Me too. If Newin is a target, I want to be a target. Politicians need exposure, they love making up plots.

And if the plot does not seem what you expected of it, you simply charge people under the computer crime law or under lese majesty laws.

We do not know who is doing the bombings, we do not know who is plotting to assassinate who, but what we know is that Thailand has dropped to an all time low on the lists of failed states, on the list of press freedom and that Thailand has more political prisoners than Burma has. Blocking websites highlighting those issues would not make that go away.

Given the fact that Thai people love their freedom and are not easily impressed by draconian measures suppressing them we might indeed be in for a very hot 2011. If the country explodes again during Songkran 2011. Suthep and Abhisit will say. Hey we have to work on reconciliation, so we just kill a few hundred people in the streets, postpone the upcoming elections and in 2012 Songkran we do it ll over again.

I never have seen a less sincere bunch of crooks than this government. Even after earlier uprisings the army generals seems to have a higher level of social intelligence than that is the case today.

is this the same suthep that was clear that the grenades that hit sala daeng were fired form the park, only for the forensics to later show they were fired form the hospital, the same suthep that was adamant the shit thrown at the pms house was thrown by the red shirts when it was thrown by a disgruntled father, I could go on but i think you get the point, this guy is full of what was thrown at the pms house.

A state of paranoia?

"They visited my house alone, twice." How do you know, why was something not done about it?

Another criminal element off the streets:

"Police in Ayutthaya arrested a shoe vendor for violating the state of emergency by selling flip-flops with the images of Abhisit and Suthep on each side. Shop owner Amornwal Jaroenkit said she bought 300 pairs during the red-shirt protests in May. She was charged with distributing a statement deemed detrimental to state security."

Oops:

"Chiang Mai police, meanwhile, said they had not detained 11 men for suspicious weapons training at a resort, but were providing protection - allegedly at the men's request - because they feared "being silenced". A 12th man with ties to the 11 was arrested earlier."

Too much speculation, poor reporting and inflammatory headlines is not helping the situation one bit.

This lovely country is heading for another year where they are likely to make themselves look stupid in the eyes of the world.

Thank goodness for record exports and a booming stock market.

Record exports and a boomimg stock market is due to the reputation of the Prime Minister who is regarded internationally as an educated man who is not corrupt and has the business interests of the country and the well being of the people at heart. He is unfortunately hampered by many

corrupt people supporting terorrism as a means of achieving their personal ambition for power and money which is not honestly earned.

Someday a real honest opponent will emerge with the education and experience to restore democracy to Thailand, if that happens Thailand might again become an attractive tourist destination and gain greater benefit for all the population.

So if they know 39 people have been trained they must know who? Go get em BiB but they are probably cousin Lek and cousin Somchai of the BiB so that won't happen but then this:

Separately, a red-shirt man arrested and fined Bt500 on Monday for a bomb hoax against Siriraj Hospital now faces a heavier charge: making a threat against His Majesty. Such an offence would carry a lengthy jail term if he is convicted.

And when they arrest them they will be given a pat on the back or a slap on the hand and maybe taken for dinner? Unbelievable. TIT.rolleyes.gif

Pussy whipped, get a perspective of you own

So it seems that DPM knows who had checked him out, but no arrest being made by his security details. Like the other time when they accused people in black checking PM house from the condo opposite and later found that they are the security men of PM. LOL.:lol::D

What next???