I Want To Vomit...

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bunch of chicken littles here. Make your bets on gold then, suckers.

I think the term now is "doomers".

So what do you recommend instead for those of us holding USD?

the alternatives are "scarce" :whistling: besides Gold and Silver there is BRL, ZAR, AUD, NZD, EUR, TRY, JPY, SGD, NOK, SEK, CHF, KRW and THB (not listed according to priority).

unlike goldbugs who forecast since 30 years gold will be sky high (any time from now) i am not a prophet and stick to facts and tangible evidence. fact is that even a Micky Mouse stock market, denominated in Thai Baht like the SET, has outperformed gold by far in the last 12 months.

I gave you a chance to put your money where your mouth is but all you can do is look back retrospectively and point out stocks that may have out-performed gold in the last year. A 10 year old can do that. The difficult bit is moving in before they go up and choosing a stock that doesn't go down.

I believe gold will increase significantly over the next 12 months, I challenge you to pick a stock on the SET that will out-perform gold. If you can't do that, why bother mentioning that the SET may have out-performed gold in the last 12 months?

may i humbly suggest that you can shove your chance where the moon doesn't shine? besides, i couldn't care less what you believe and i have no idea what the SET or any stock at any exchange will do in the future. that is the reason why i -quoting myself- "stick to facts and tangible evidence" and refrain from acting like a prophet.

that the SET outperformed gold during the last 12 months is a fact and i mentioned it because another poster mentioned -quote- "Hmmm... gold up over 26% in the last 12 months". if you don't like facts, don't read my postings and if that is too boring perhaps you consider throwing small stones at little old ladies passing by your house (assuming you have a house).

and now back to business. this thread is about the strong Baht, a rather weak Dollar and an opening poster who wants to vomit.

I would offer you the same advice but I realise it is impossible as you are too busy talking out of it.

If you do manage to come up with any tangible alternatives to gold, (quote - "hundreds of assets up 50% in the last 12 months and 300-500% in the last 18 months" ) without the use of hindsight then we're all ears.

Anything else and you're just talking out of your proverbial.

Edited by teatree

"If you do manage to come up with any tangible alternatives to gold, (quote - "hundreds of assets up 50% in the last 12 months and 300-500% in the last 18 months" ) without the use of hindsight then we're all ears."

do you need reading glasses? i mentioned already that -unlike you- i am not a prophet and my "hindsight" posting was a reply to the "hindsight" posting (i think it was yours!) "Hmmm... gold up over 26% in the last 12 months".

my reference to the SET was based on the fact that most of the Thaivisa participants live in Thailand, with most -if not all- their expenses in Thai Baht. therefore the claim "gold up 26%" is not applicable because gold did NOT increase by 26% when priced in THB nor was there a 26% increase when priced in a bunch of other currencies.

next!

unlike goldbugs who forecast since 30 years gold will be sky high (any time from now) i am not a prophet and stick to facts and tangible evidence. fact is that even a Micky Mouse stock market, denominated in Thai Baht like the SET, has outperformed gold by far in the last 12 months.

I gave you a chance to put your money where your mouth is but all you can do is look back retrospectively and point out stocks that may have out-performed gold in the last year. A 10 year old can do that. The difficult bit is moving in before they go up and choosing a stock that doesn't go down.

I believe gold will increase significantly over the next 12 months, I challenge you to pick a stock on the SET that will out-perform gold. If you can't do that, why bother mentioning that the SET may have out-performed gold in the last 12 months?

may i humbly suggest that you can shove your chance where the moon doesn't shine? besides, i couldn't care less what you believe and i have no idea what the SET or any stock at any exchange will do in the future. that is the reason why i -quoting myself- "stick to facts and tangible evidence" and refrain from acting like a prophet.

that the SET outperformed gold during the last 12 months is a fact and i mentioned it because another poster mentioned -quote- "Hmmm... gold up over 26% in the last 12 months". if you don't like facts, don't read my postings and if that is too boring perhaps you consider throwing small stones at little old ladies passing by your house (assuming you have a house).

and now back to business. this thread is about the strong Baht, a rather weak Dollar and an opening poster who wants to vomit.

I would offer you the same advice but I realise it is impossible as you are too busy talking out of it.

If you do manage to come up with any tangible alternatives to gold, (quote - "hundreds of assets up 50% in the last 12 months and 300-500% in the last 18 months" ) without the use of hindsight then we're all ears.

Anything else and you're just talking out of your proverbial.

The SET is up 35% since january so that has been better than investing in gold ; i made more than 50% profit in the SET this year (cash in bank, not just on paper), wish i could say it was skill, more luck since one couldnt really fail to make money on the SET this year.