Why Hotels More Expensice ,When I Book Direct Then Over Travel Agency?+Experience.What All Can Happen,During A Long Journey!

Sandman77

Hello!

last year i booking a hotel,from the swadee company,in bangkok and pattays cheaper,over the travel agency,like i would book direct on the counter!

price diffrence was around 150 bath from normal price,i know,the got provision,when the bring a lot of new guests,but,its only happen one time,that a traxi driver in bk,tell me this,and brought me to that place where i can book cheaper!

when i ask on the same counter,do you have any special promotion,with your travel agency partners,i got the answer sorry we cannot help you,in the meantime i lost the phonenumber!

but this time,i stay long time in thailand,maybe for one year,for study,and traveling around,i want to try to save money,where i can find a list of travel agencys ,with currencly good price promotion in pattaya?

first i go there,one week,then one week in bangkok,and then visit some islands!

what i can do,when i travel agency,try to ripp of your money!

last year i was traveling krabi to samui by bus and boat,then i book,a all include ticket,that contains bus and farry!

outside somewhere krabi we have to change the bus after a while,the bus driver told,give me the ticket,and goes away,the next bus driver coming wants the ticket also,then we give a way!

and says we have to pay again,after talking 20 minutes with a very angry thai woman,i give them the phone number of the travel agency where i have booked,that the can handle out this,was okay after,but withouth always write down all phone numbers would looks very bad!

next problem on samui,the boat company,name was the same he says was not valid,and he also means i must pay again,because he dont find it in the computer,since that all happens,i will never book a jouney,at one time!

similan islands

last year in december,i book for 5 days the similan islands,pay everything in phuket,one day before the travel agency call,ans tell me ,sorry the boat was overloaded,i have to wait for 2 days,everything was payed before for 3 peaple,then on similian areived,after a heavey wind on the water,the next problem on the counter,to handle out,what happen with the 2 lost days,was to many people at this time so i come back later,after talking aroudn nearly 45 minutes and call back,the give me the luxury beach front bungalow,without paying more!

many guests i hear also taling,that the dont get the bungalow that the have booked!

the last questions now,is there a central number,where tourists can get help,from somewhere when travel agencys make trouble?

thanks for your inputs!

greetings from the cold snowy alps!

until next post!

That's got to be the longest title ever.

This is the beauty about Thailand, there is so much to choose from when looking for accommodation.

My advice would be to buy a Thai travel book and a cheap phone.

Booking rooms via the internet takes the fun away from travelling, especially if you plan to travel around for a year.

You can always stay one night and move on if you don't like the place.

By the way, what was the question?

I dont know what the rule of thumb is here. I think an agent has been able to get me a hotel cheaper than me walking in there by myself once.

Every other time the agent has been more expensive as they take commission on top of the rate.

It has always worked out better for me just to arrive in a place and find a hotel for myself. Everytime I have blindly booked with and trusted an agent it has been way more expensive for a shitty hotel in an area I would not have wanted to stay.

Flights, hotels and travel. All seem to be easier and cheaper if you just do yourself here.

I dont know what the rule of thumb is here. I think an agent has been able to get me a hotel cheaper than me walking in there by myself once.

Every other time the agent has been more expensive as they take commission on top of the rate.

It has always worked out better for me just to arrive in a place and find a hotel for myself. Everytime I have blindly booked with and trusted an agent it has been way more expensive for a shitty hotel in an area I would not have wanted to stay.

Flights, hotels and travel. All seem to be easier and cheaper if you just do yourself here.

I always use sawasdee.com to book accomodation.You can get all the information about the hotel first and compare them with others that are similar on the website.Often they turn out even better than stated.I have never been dissappointed by using them

• 1 year later...